The worst part

Our Ending

 

 

 

 

Past       :

That afternoon, when the first rain fell, With big smile on her face she walked to their room where they used to lay together, cuddling or just enjoy the rain drops.

The door was half opened when she was about to open it.

“Kris...”

“Yes?”

“Do you like me?”

“Kind of”

She giggled and Nana eyes widened.

She returned a day earlier just to find Kris underneath a girl on their bed, making out. She run after  she saw it and Kris tried to chesed her. But it was too late.

It was too late.

 

“Let go.” Nana said to Kris’ hold onto her hand. She pulled it back forcefully then continued towards their flat. Everything felt hasty and rushed. Nana’s steps were filled with resentment. She couldn’t place her thoughts together. Especially not with Kris following her. She was angry and confused.

He started at Nana’s back. His long legs caught up to her in no time. He pushed her against the wall. With a hollowed out look, he shook his head before looking away.

“Stop this, Nana!” He yelled to her. Inches away from  Nana, Kris kept shouting at her. He didn’t mean any of it. His heart and mind both knew it. He even didn't know why he tried to hold her back when he just knew he cheated on her.   However, due to the rage he was feeling, he couldn’t hold back those poisonous words. Each sentence felt like a slap to the face. Each word was filled with hostility. 

It was a one sided argument. Nana kept silent as Kris’ voice rose due to his outrage. It was worse than getting hit. Everything he said pierced through. Her eyes reddened as he kept on. Tears slid down limitlessly. Her body shuddered. Eyes filled with redness that looked worn from worry, concern, and anguish stared back at him. Nana’s hand slipped out of his release.

“This is the last time my heart’s going to skip a beat for you. This is also the last time that I’m going to experience despair because of you.” Her hand hovered above his before separating. The sound of her footsteps echoed throughout his mind.

She walked away and never came back to his arms...

For enternity.