Chapter 1

You & I ~!

Okay first chapter <3 I'm listening to IU's song right now for inspiration! Long live this fanfic <

 .-._.-._.-._.-._ .-._.-._.-._.-._ .-._.-._.-._.-._ .-._.-._.-._.-._  .-._.-._.-._.-._  .-._.-._.-._.-._  .-._.-._.-._.-._ .-._.-._.-._.-._ .-._.-._.-._.-._  .-._.-._.-._.-._  .-._.-._.-._.-._ 

" Happy birthday to you , Happy birthday to you , Happy birthday to you , Dara-ssi , Happy birthday to you! " Dara happily sang to herself as she blew the candles of her cake . She rubbed her eyes as she had stayed up until 12AM to wait for her birthday to come. She had placed pictures of her late family around the cake and pretended that they were still with her.

" Umma! I'm finally 18! Appa , I'm finally able to drive now! Haraboji , I can finally open that room that you've locked away from me after all these years! Asa! " Dara happily clapped .

Dara jumped when the necklace that her grandfather gave her before he died , opened to drop a key on the floor. 

" Finally! " 

Dara immediately took the key and ran to the door. 

Thoughts ran through her mind as she guessed what would be in that room. After 5 minutes of thinking, she opened the door and was only left confused.

A clean-looking 20-year old boy was lying down on a bed. 

" WHO IS THIS?! " Dara yelled as she hugged herself in shock.

She found a note next to the boy and she slowly tip-toed her way to take the note. 

Dear Sandara , 

You have finally reached the age of 18. I know that you're confused and you're willing to know who this young man is. 

You have been living alone without me everyday taking care of the family's cottage and you've never left the house even once.

I have a task for you which requires you to leave the house. But , you can't leave alone. That's why I have built Jiyong here.

He will take care of you and he knows exactly what you need to do. Don't get distracted by anything else ,  my little rose. 

You will need to wake him up. He has been in a magical coma for about 10 years. So you have to figure out how to wake him up . 

I love you my dear Sandara. Sandara hwaiting! "

Dara furrowed her eyebrows. She had so many questions as she stared back and forth from 'Jiyong' and the note. What is she supposed to do. Why should she wake him up? Yeah! Why should she wake him up? Dara stomped out of the room before she slowly turned around as she remembered what her grandfathr's last words were.

" Da..ra...Pl..Please listen to what ... To what I s..say. You...you have to carry out the task..." 

Those were what he last said before he passed out.

She bit her lip as she looked to what looked like would wake ' Jiyong ' up.

It was a machine that needed some fixing to do.

" Arrasso , haraboji! I won't disappoint you!"

Dara changed to her working clothes as she took the box of spare screws and parts. She did not take a break at all and continued working till the next morning.

" Yay! I did it! " 

Dara was familiar with this machine when her grandfather used it to wake up his patients that came to the house regularly for help to wake up their dead parents , siblings , all different sorts of people came to see her grandfather. Her grandfather refused to use it when Dara's parents died in a carcrash . He did not believe that bringing them back was the best for Dara and wanted to see her grow up to be independent. 

She pressed some buttons and a laser shot out of the machine and into the heart of the young man.

His eyes immediately opened. 

Dara got over-excited and ran over to him and hugged him.

" Oh my! I did it all by myself! Yay! " 

He pushed her to the ground and moved to rub his eyes .

" Yah! Don't touch me. Just because I was sent to help you doesn't mean we are close "

" Yah , I don't want you here either. I'm here because of haraboji , arrasso?! " Dara yelled back as she stomped off.

Jiyong rolled his eyes. Professor Park had built him to be perfect. He was good-looking , smart and strong. Before he was sent to sleep , Professor had told him to take care of Dara and never leave her side no matter what. Jiyong dreaded this. He may seem perfect but he knew what Dara was like. Professor had showed to him what Dara was like and to him , she was an annoying dog. Like a lost puppy in the rain. He did not want to work with Dara but he knew that he had to in order to carry out his duty ; which was to do whatever his 'owner' told him to do , in which this case was to be Sandara Park's bodyguard . 

He stood up and followed Dara to catch her because he knew if he didn't keep his word , he had to face the consequences.

 .-._.-._.-._.-._ .-._.-._.-._.-._ .-._.-._.-._.-._ .-._.-._.-._.-._  .-._.-._.-._.-._  .-._.-._.-._.-._  .-._.-._.-._.-._ .-._.-._.-._.-._ .-._.-._.-._.-._  .-._.-._.-._.-._  .-._.-._.-._.-._ 

You might be confused becuase of Dara's past but it will slowly be revealed in the future chapters :)