I Can't Erase You

0330 - Don't Deny Our Eternal Love

 

                “Dongho oppa, teach me how to play a song. The song you wrote for me, I want to learn that one.” She smiles at me and I sit down by the piano. She watches me as I play for her. The corners of her smile reach cheek to cheek, her pink lips full of life. She sits down next to me. “This song is beautiful, oppa,” she says to me in her soft sweet voice, “Will you teach me?”

                Somehow, it’s hard for me to look directly at her with a response. “This song is too complicated for you right now, Seoyoung-ah.” I say to her, still looking at my fingers on the piano keys. “Maybe if you practice more at home, I can teach you by the end of the summer.”

                “I would love that. I promise to practice, oppa. I’ll do it for you.” She puts her hand on my shoulder, and I look up toward the sky. We were in the middle of a forest of some kind, but in my mind I was there. Whenever I’m with Seoyoung, I feel like nothing else matters in the world. I am at peace.

      I look back down at the piano keys, and suddenly it starts to rain. I feel Seoyoung’s touch fade away from me. I hear her cry softly. “Please don’t cry, Seoyoung,” I think to myself, but my mouth won’t let me speak the words, as if I’ve gone mute, “It’s not too long from now. You just need to practice is all.” Her crying gets louder and starts to sound like she’s screaming. I look beside me, and Seoyoung is gone. “Seoyoung!” I shout. “Seoyoung!!”

      I gasp and awake from my nightmare. I look at the clock; it says “3:30 A.M.” Someone was watching me sleep. I can hear them outside the door. Eli comes in the room. He probably heard me wake up. “Dongho-yah, are you okay?” He asks me. “I knew you we’re having another nightmare.”

      I can’t say anything, my mind only says words. I just put my head back down on the pillow and look at the ceiling. Eli knows something; I can see it in his eyes.

      “It was about Seoyoung, wasn’t it?” He asks as he sits down at the edge of the bed.

      Eli did know. But I can’t answer him, I just can’t. The more I think about it, the more my emotions take over. I wanted to think that Seoyoung was still there. My throat starts to swell up and I close my eyes. I try not to cry, but it was too much. Tears started to stream down my face. Eli tries to touch me and I smack his hand away. “Leave me alone!” I grunt. Now I can finally speak.

      “Please don’t act like this, Donggi. I want to help you.” He pleads.

      “I don’t need your help. I’ll be just fine.” I turn to the other side of the bed to look away from him. I hear him sigh and get up.

      “Well,” he says, “Whenever you finally want to talk about it, you know where to find me.” Then he closes the door behind him and shuts the hall light.

      “Stupid hyung!” I whisper to myself. “He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I love Seoyoung. I will always love her. She’s still with me. I don’t care what they say.”

      My hyungs keep acting like Seoyoung was just a figment of my imagination. They’re wrong. She’s real, she was always real. And when I think about her, she comes back to me. I can be with her again, just as long as I keep her in my memory. She’ll forever be as beautiful and kind as I can remember; just like when I first met her.

-----------

 

Wednesday September 21, 5:35 A.M

      “Dongho-yah! Wake up!” Kiseop shouted, shaking me awake. I opened my eyes and saw him standing over me. “If you don’t get up and get ready, the class will start without you.”

      I blinked and yawned, “It’s the first day of school already?”

      “Yeah! So hurry up!” Kiseop exclaimed as he left the room.

      I could hear my hyungs in the kitchen, eating breakfast I assumed. I arose from my bed and stretched. I couldn’t believe that it was the first day of school already. The summer has gone by too quickly. Sometimes I wish I was back at home, but then I think that I’ve sacrificed too much of my time to quit now. Going to this school was one of the best things I could’ve done for myself. I hoped my parents were proud of me. I tried to write to them as much as I could. My first year in this school has taught me many things, and I’ve been very thankful for it. I loved my fellow students, and especially my six hyungs who live in the house with me. They’re all great to be around.

      Getting ready in the morning isn’t usually a big task for me during the summer. But when school starts, it’s a completely different story. I had to remember to have my uniform washed, dried, and ironed every day. Then I would wash up before breakfast, and made sure that my hair was kept neat. I was always the last to sit at the breakfast table, but at least Eli remembered to make breakfast for me. I loved all of my hyungs equally, don’t get me wrong. But I think Eli was my favorite. Or maybe I just loved the way he cooked. No matter, at least someone cared enough to make sure I had something to eat in the morning. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day after all.

      “Any resolutions for the new school year, boys?” Hoon asked us from the table. Then he made a face to Soohyun.

      Soohyun nearly jumped out of his seat, “Yah! Don’t give me that look, Hoonmin! My grades weren’t that bad last year!” He snapped.

      Hoon laughed, along with AJ and Kiseop. “Yeah, well, you were pretty close to failing. I wouldn’t want you to be held back this year.”

      “Who are you, my mom?” Soohyun hissed.

      Hoon rolled his eyes, “Just try not to slip up again this year, alright? I’m just trying to look out for you.”

      “Whatever you say, “umma”.” Soohyun joked. I giggled at this, and Hoon caught me in the act.

      “Try not to act so childish this year, Dongho. You got that?” He pointed to me just as I slipped a piece of toast into my mouth. I looked at him wide-eyed.

      “Since when did you become the dictator around here anyway, Hoon?” Soohyun sneered, and I quickly got up from the table to avoid any conflict.

      “You really need to watch what you say, Soohyun. Somebody could get hurt.” Hoon snapped back at him.

      Kevin looked away from his phone and finally intervened, “That’s enough, you guys! You’re scaring Dongho!”

      I felt insulted at Kevin’s comment. “No they’re not!”

      AJ laughed, “Look! Kevin umma is defending his baby now.” Soohyun laughed with him.

      “That’s not funny!” I shouted.

      “Shut up, AJ. I’m just trying to keep peace around here. Why don’t you guys ever cooperate?” Kevin put his fist on the table, as if he was a threat.

      “We’re not scared of you, Kevin.” Soohyun commented.

      “Oh yeah?” Kevin challenged, “Try me.” He had an evil glazed look in his eye.

      Soohyun immediately got up and pounced on Kevin. I might have not been scared before, but I was scared at this point. They rolled around on the floor fighting each other. “Stop it! Stop!” I yelped.

      Hoon and Eli stopped them and held them back. “Is this any way to act before school starts?” Eli stated. “You two should know better than this. I’m ashamed of you both.”

      Kiseop looked at the clock on the stove. “We have to get going now! Class is going to start soon.” He announced.

      “Let’s go, guys!” Eli shouted and tried to pull Soohyun by the arm, but he just yanked it away. Eli and Hoon shook their heads at him as he walked past them.

      It didn’t take long for us to get to the school, since it was only a ten minute walk from our dorm. We all stopped before we got to the steps of the entrance. I took a deep breath and looked at the building. It felt weird, like I wasn’t ready to start a new year, but at the same time I was.

      Eli handed me a towel, which disrupted my train of thought. “It’s supposed to rain today and we don’t have enough umbrellas, so here’s a towel just in case you get wet.” I looked at him, confused. “I’m only giving you one, so use it wisely.” He winked at me and headed inside.

      I shrugged and put the towel in my bag. I took out my schedule and looked at it briefly. We all had to start the day out with our academic courses first, so I had to walk to my first couple of classes by myself while my hyungs went to their classes.

      Math was my first academic class of the day. I sat down at my desk and put my bag next to me on the ground. There must have been at least fifteen other students in the room, and I didn’t know any of them. The teacher finally entered the room. She was pretty, tall, and had long hair. She sported a nice pair of rectangular thick-rimmed glasses. “Annyeonghaseyo,” The teacher greeted, “My name is Miss Kwak. It’s very nice to see all of you awake and so lively-looking this morning.” Then she handed out an index card to each of us. “Before we start out the school year, I would like to get to know each of you. It makes everything much easier, and then maybe you will get to know me as well.”

      I looked at the blank index card when she handed it to me. I was a little confused. “What am I supposed to do with this?” I said silently to myself.

      The teacher looked back at me and smiled. “You’re supposed to write your name on the first line, then something about you; maybe a hobby perhaps?”  Then she went back to her desk.

      I began to write the information on my card: “신 동 호 (Shin Dong Ho).” I looked at it and thought really hard. What should I write about me? Well, I do like to sing and dance. Maybe I should put that. Then I thought of something else to put too. I quickly wrote it down and waited for the teacher to collect our cards.

      The teacher looked at all of the cards, she said everyone’s names and asked them about the thing they put about them on their cards. Then she got to my card, “Shin Dongho,” she said as she read, then she and the rest of the class looked at me. I felt a bit embarrassed. “It says here you like to sing and dance. And you also wrote that you live in a dorm with your six hyungs. Tell us more about that, Dongho ssi.”

      “Well,” I said, scratching my head, “we’re a group called U-Kiss. It’s fun, but it’s not very easy. Plus I’m the maknae, and they all expect me to act grown-up.”

      The teacher put on a fake frown, as if she was sorry for me or something. “It must be terrible if they all want you to act a certain way,” she said, and then hid her fake frown with a warm smile.

      “Not really,” I stated, “They let me be who I am. That’s what I love about them. I’d like to think of myself as a kid inside.”

      “That’s great,” she commented. Then she looked at the desk behind me. It was empty. “That’s strange. There was supposed to be another student assigned to sit there, but I guess she’s not here.”

      Just at that very moment, before the teacher got to the next card, someone knocked on the classroom door. We all directed our attention toward it as the teacher went to go see who it was. She cracked open the door and talked quietly with someone, then I heard her say, “Oh, please come in then.”

      A girl, who looked about my age, stepped into the room slowly. She looked shy, but very pretty. She had a round face, big sparkling dark eyes, and short dark hair that framed her face. The girl didn’t look at me at all, or rather anyone for that matter, as she made her way to her seat. “We might not have time to have you write a card for me today, so you’ll have to make one tomorrow.” The teacher said to her. The girl didn’t say anything to her, so I guess she nodded at the teacher. I didn’t know, because I was afraid to turn around. “I still would love to know your name, my dear.” The teacher said sweetly to her.

      “Um,” The girl said quietly, “I am Kim Seoyoung.”

     The teacher smiled yet again, “It’s very nice to meet you, agasshi.” The teacher took a small bow to her and then proceeded to the chalk board. “Since it is the first day of school, we’ll only be reviewing today. You might remember some of this from your last school year.”

      I sighed as the teacher handed out our textbooks. The kid in front of me handed me two books, one for me and the other for the girl behind me. Without looking back, I tried to give the other book to the girl. She didn’t take it. I tried to set it down on her desk, but the book slipped out of my hand and dropped next to her. Of course, it made a loud noise, which made her jump. I turned around to apologize, “Mianhamnida.”

      She picked up her book from the ground and didn’t respond. I felt embarrassed for even trying to talk to her. I turned around quickly and opened up my book as if nothing even happened. The rest of the class period was pretty much normal after that point. I didn’t even see the girl again for the rest of my academic periods, which was a little strange I guess. I usually saw the same students at least twice or more. The school wasn’t very big.

      Before heading off to my first elective class, it came time for lunch. I walked outside and saw my hyungs gathered at a table. Kevin saw me and waved, just in case I didn’t see him right away. While I was walking toward the table, not taking my eyes off of my hyungs, I bumped into someone. It was the same girl from early that morning. “Mianhamnida,” I said to her again. She looked at me for a split second, but didn’t say anything and just walked away quickly. That was weird. She must have been really shy.

      I shook my head and finally got to the table. “Annyeong,” I greeted as I sat down with my lunch.

      “Dongho-yah!” Soohyun said, “Welcome! Having some trouble getting here?” He must have meant when I bumped into that shy girl.

      “Oh, uh,” I began to say, but then looked down at my lunch bag and opened it up, “Yeah, that was just an accident.”

      “Hey, people need to go where they need to go, right?” Soohyun joked, and then laughed a bit under his breath.

      “So, where are you headed off to next, dongsaeng?” Eli asked me from the other end of the table.

      I looked up at him and then searched for an answer, “I forget.” I replied, and then took out my schedule from my bag. I looked through it, “Instrument Study.”

      “Hm,” Eli responded, “I don’t think I have that class.” Then he took out his schedule and looked at it. “Nope. How about you guys?”

      All the guys looked at their schedules. “Ah,” Hoon pointed out, “I have that class next. You’re in luck, Donggi.” He cracked a smile at me.

      “Great,” I said, “You can show me where the room is then.” I laughed, and some of my hyungs did as well.

      “So,” Hoon interrupted, “How has everyone’s day been going so far, hm?”

      Kevin closed his eyes and scratched his head, “Actually,” he announced, “For class two I have Language Arts with Soohyun. And let me tell you something, the teacher-“

      “Alright that’s enough of that, isn’t  it Kevin?” Soohyun cut him off.

      “No, it’s okay, Soohyun. I want to hear about this ‘teacher’ of yours,” Eli smirked. I wondered what all the fuss was about.

      “Like I was saying,” Kevin snapped at Soohyun, then proceeded, “the teacher was Mr. Lee Songjae.”

       Eli, Hoon, and AJ laughed. “Oh my God!” AJ shouted, “I didn’t know he was demoted to a teacher this year!”

      “Yep,” Kevin added, “It turns out the head of the education system demoted him because he wasn’t working up to his standards as a principal. And we can all thank Soohyun for that.” Kevin tilted his head to one side, sipped his drink and winked at Soohyun.

      “Why do you all assume that it’s my fault?” Soohyun grunted.

      Eli laughed some more, “Are you kidding me, Soohyun hyung? You were in his office at least three or four times a week. He didn’t know what to do with you anymore.”

      Soohyun crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair. “So, what are you saying?”

      “Just a suggestion,” Eli stated, “but maybe you should try to be a good student this year. Just try. It’s not that difficult.”

      Soohyun groaned, “Aish. Fine, whatever. I’ll try.” He smirked and my hyungs and I cheered for him.

      AJ patted him on the back, “That’s the spirit, hyung.” Then he looked back at Kevin. “Anything else interesting happen today, Kevin?”

      Kevin leaned back in his chair and replied, “Eh, not really. Well Mr. Lee did give Soohyun quite an attitude, keke.” He smiled really big. “What a great start to the new school year.”

      “I know what you mean.” I said in response to Kevin’s comment.

      “What was that, Donggi?” Kevin asked me.

      I perked my head up, “Mwo? Oh, nothing, hyung. I was just agreeing with you.”

      “Ah, ok.” He said, and then got back to his lunch.

      When it finally came time for Instrument Study class, Hoon came with me to make sure I didn’t get lost. “Now I hope you eventually learn where you’re going within the next week,” he instructed, “because there might be a day when I’m not here, and I wouldn’t want you getting lost.”

      I sighed at this, “I’m sure I’ll be fine, hyung.” I didn’t understand it. Why did my hyungs treat me like such a baby? I may be the youngest, but that doesn’t mean I’m a little kid. I just needed to know where the room was since it was new to me this year. Hoon needed to understand that I wasn’t stupid, and I was tired of being disrespected.

      Putting all of that aside, we finally got to where we needed to go. It was Room 330. Hmm... I looked around the room and saw a few students there. There were maybe only twelve of them, with me and Hoon included that made fourteen. “Ah, students, annyeonghaseyo!” The teacher greeted. He was a fairly clean cut and tall man. “I am Yang Sun Geun,” he introduced, “Please, come in!” He was really hyper active and peppy for a teacher. I felt a bit freaked out as we stepped in the room.

      “Good afternoon, Seosaengnim!” Hoon bowed and shook his hand.

      “Good afternoon!” The teacher said back. “And who might you be?”

       I was about to speak when Hoon stepped in, “I am Yeo Hoon Min and this is Shin Dong Ho.” I was a bit agitated. He knows well enough that I can introduce myself.

       “It’s very nice to see you two today,” The teacher said to us, and then he showed us all of the different instruments in the room. “Whatever instrument you are interested in playing, you can choose it right away.”

      There was a wide selection of different instruments to choose from. There were trumpets, flutes, guitars, oboes, and of course there were pianos. I sat right down at one of the pianos. Hoon decided to pick up a guitar right behind me. I’ve played the piano before, so this year would be a great opportunity to brush up on my skills and learn more about it. I knew a few simple songs already, and I was anxious to play them. The piano looked very expensive, so I was curious to hear what it sounded like.

      Just as I was about to put my finger on one of the keys, I heard it make a sound. “Hmm. That’s strange.” I thought to myself. I tapped my finger on another key without pressing it, but then it made a sound again. “What in the world?” I put my hands down and I heard some pretty awful piano playing. “What’s going on here?” I asked out loud.

      Hoon heard me and asked, “What’s the matter, Donggi?”

      “Every time I try to play something, the piano makes a sound on its own.” I whined.

      “Uh,” Hoon responded, and then pointed to the piano behind me. “There’s your problem.”

       I sighed, got up, and walked over to the piano behind me. I didn’t even know there was another one there, silly me. That girl from class one was sitting there, slowly playing random notes that sounded terrible. “E-excuse me, agasshi,” I interrupted her playing, and she immediately stopped and stared at me like she was scared, “Do you know what you’re doing?”

       “Not really,” She said very quietly, “but I want to learn piano this year. My unnies told me that it would be good to focus on something productive.” Then she looked away from me. She must’ve had some kind of problem around people she didn’t know.

       “Oh,” I replied, “Yeah, that’s good.” I didn’t know what else to say because I felt a little nervous. Hoon gave me a look, almost as if he expected me to continue my conversation with her. “You know, once you get to know how to play a little better I can probably teach you some songs that I know. I mean, uh, if that’s okay with you of course.” My forehead started to sweat, and I looked at Hoon again. He just shrugged and looked away as soon as the girl spoke again.

       “Okay,” She said, and then she smirked. “I’d like that.” Then she looked down at her piano keys.

       I nodded in approval, “Good, good. That’s good.” I said, not expecting her to hear me. I sat back down by my piano and looked through the beginner’s book.

       That girl didn’t speak to me again through the whole class. Even though I tried to focus more of my attention on my work, I couldn’t help but glance at her every few minutes. She never even thought to look at me, though. When it came time for the end of the school day, my hyungs and I usually would stop by our lockers or help clean up before heading home, but today I was going to be alone. Kiseop sent me a text message on my phone saying that he and my other hyungs were staying after school for a senior class meeting, and I had to walk home on my own. I put my phone in my pocket and sighed. I haven’t walked home by myself before, and I wasn’t sure if I would remember how to get there.

      The buses started coming up to the school, and I proceeded to walk home. As soon as I walked outside, it started raining. Great, that was all I needed. But then I remembered that Eli told me it was going to rain, and I needed to use that towel to dry off just in case I got wet. I ran to the nearest shaded area, which happened to be the side of the building where the 500 wing let out. I waited for everyone to leave, so there wouldn’t be a crowd at the door where I was going to stand. The rain finally lifted, thank goodness. Just as I saw sunlight, I got out of the doorway and tried to dry myself off.

      Before I could unfold my towel, I heard someone cough behind me. Curious, I turned around and saw the girl from classes one and six standing by the door. She looked much wetter than I was, soaked even. She must have been standing out in the rain for a really long time. Without saying a word, I handed my towel to her. I don’t know why I did it, but I felt sorry for her somehow. I guessed that she didn’t have an umbrella or anything with her, so I thought I’d do her some kindness. I didn’t even care if I was still wet. Her eyes looked in my direction for a split second and she smiled at me, but it was awkward, like she didn’t want to talk to me and just directed her attention toward the ground after she accepted my offer.

      I whistled a tune and looked around while she dried herself off. “Thank you,” she said quietly.

      “Uh,” I scratched my head, trying to find words to say, but I was so nervous in front of her, “You’re welcome.” I walked a couple of steps, but walked back because I felt lonely. “So,” I began another conversation to get better acquainted, “Do you live nearby?”

      She nodded, “I actually live a couple of blocks away. I live with my two unnies and our umma comes by to check on us sometimes.” I smiled at her, but she looked down at the ground again. It was hard for her to keep her eye contact with me.

      “You live in an Oakwood Homes and Dormitories residence?”

      She nodded again and kept still. It looked like she was afraid of me, but she still wanted to talk to me. She was silent for a while, but spoke again. “Well, I guess I have to get going now.”

      I caught up to her as she was walking away from me. Idiot that I am, I completely forgot to tell her something that was relevant. “I live over there too,” I announced, “With my hyungs. Well, we’re in the same group too.” Her eyebrows went up when I revealed this information, “We can walk over there together.”

      Her eyes moved back and forth, like she was thinking hard about something. “Okay.” She said. My heart jumped in my chest. It would be nice to walk with her and get to know her, and she could also help me find my way home.

      On our way to Oakwood Homes, we started talking about a lot of interesting things. It turned out that we had more in common than we thought. We liked a lot of the same foods, movies, and books. I also talked to her about playing the piano. “It’s actually not that difficult once you get the hang of it. And once you learn to play it, then you can easily learn to play any other instrument.”

      Her eyes sparkled, “Really? That’s so cool, ssi!”

      Before I knew it, we were already at her dorm. “So this is where you live?” I asked, noticing that I lived actually a few dorms down from there. My eyes widened.

      “It is,” She answered, and sighed, “Well, it was nice talking to you!”

      “Same to you.” I said back.

      “I guess I’ll see you in class tomorrow, right?” She tilted her head, and looked at me innocently. I just wanted to take a picture to capture the moment.

      I snapped out of it to answer her question, “Oh, yes. Yes, definitely.”

       She giggled, “Okay then. Good-bye!” Then she slowly closed the door.

      “Wait! Wait!” I shouted, then she opened the door fully again. “I’m sorry. What did you say your name was again?” I hated the fact that I was really bad with names, especially during the first few weeks of school.

      She smiled at me sweetly, “Kim Seoyoung.”

      “I’m Shin Dongho.” I told her, and she bowed to me as I did the same.

      “Nice to meet you, Shin Dongho ssi.”

      “You too.” I smiled and shook her hand before she closed the door again.

      “Annyeong!” She waved as she closed the door, and I waved back.

      “Annyeong!” I sighed in content and made my way to my dorm. “Seoyoung.” I kept repeating to myself. “Seoyoung.”

      I opened the door and saw Soohyun sitting on a recliner doing his homework. He noticed my facial expression right away. “What happened to you today?” He asked me. “Meet any cute girls?” He moved his eyebrows with suggestion. I just ignored him and went into the kitchen. I put my shoes on the radiator to dry them off and I took off my jacket. “You look like you got caught in the rain,” He said to me after seeing my wet clothes. “Did you remember to use that towel Eli gave you? Or did you forget like you always do?” I still ignored him. “Hello? Dongho-yah!” He tried to get my attention. “Why aren’t you talking to me? Did something happen to you? Come on.”

      I looked at him finally. “Don’t you have homework to do? And why aren’t you attending the senior class meeting?”

      “Oh, I’m finished with that.” He replied. It’s a good thing he’s easily willing to change the subject of conversation. “And I got kicked out of the meeting. Apparently, Mr. Lee didn’t approve of my behavior or something.” He shrugged. “I don’t get why that man still hates me. I tried so hard to get on his good side, but he still gives me the cold shoulder. It makes no sense to me at all. Why won’t he just give me a chance?”

      “Maybe you should ask to see him after class and talk about why he acts the way he does toward you. Did you ever think about doing that?” I suggested.

      “Hmm,” He thought, “Well, did you ever think that maybe he just permanently hates me? Cause that could definitely be it.”

      “Try to talk to him at least. You’ll never know unless you try.” I assured.

      He nodded in approval, “Those are some wise words coming from you, dongsaeng. I suppose I could do that just this once, for your sake at least.”

      I patted him on the back, “See? Making smart decisions is the first step, hyung.” Then I walked away so he could contemplate what I said to him.

      I shook my head and went to my room until the other hyungs came back from the school. They all seemed really impressed about something, because I could hear a bunch of excitement and laughter coming from the den. When I finished up my homework at my desk, I walked into the den to see them.

      “Dongho-yah!” Kiseop said with excitement. “Come in, come in! We were just talking about you.”

      “You were?” I asked, perking my head up. “What for?”

      I walked closer to the group as Kevin spoke, “Hoon told us all about your first day of Instrument Study. But now, I want to hear it in your perspective.”

      “Oh great,” I thought, “Hoon told him all about me and Seoyoung today in class, that big mouth. I’d better come up with something good to steer them in another direction, and quick.”

      “Yeah, well when I was trying to play the piano, some girl just interrupted me with her horrible playing. So I told her to stop.” I gulped. I didn’t think that could have been said any worse.

      Eli snickered, “Oh really? That’s not what I heard. Hoon said that you were flirting with her.”

      My heart jumped and my face turned red. “No I wasn’t! Honest! I was just saying that I would help her if she needed it. There’s no need to get in my face about it.” I was trying too hard to defend myself at this point.

      “We’re not getting in your face,” AJ assured, “We just thought that you might have taken an interest in her.”

      “I’ve seen her, too. She’s actually not that bad. She’s a little plain, but I don’t know. She might not be Dongho’s type. She’s too quiet.” Hoon added.

      “You don’t know what my type is, hyung!” I scoffed. “Seriously though, you all need to stop butting into my life. Just stay out of it, okay?” I quickly got up and ran back into my room. What was the point of going into the den to see them if they were just going to poke fun at me. They really needed to realize that I wasn’t a baby. I was really getting sick of this.

      “What’s the matter with him?” I heard Kevin’s voice faintly ask from the other room.

      “He’s probably going through a phase right now. It’s best to just leave him alone.” Eli replied.

       I picked up one of my pillows and threw it at my door. It didn’t make much of a sound, but I was so angry that I didn’t even care. If they would stay out of my personal business, then I probably wouldn’t have said those things about Seoyoung. I felt really bad that I said that about her. She didn’t do anything wrong, and now I felt stupid. I picked my pillow back up from the ground and cuddled with it on my bed, pretending it was her. “Please forgive me, Seoyoung-ah. I’ll promise to keep you out of harm’s way. I’ll never hurt you.” The dorm finally got silent after a while and I drifted off to sleep.