Eight.

The First Collage ~ Another Me ~

[sunggyu.KIM]

0105.

I check the house number once again before knocking the white door twice. I look around to see the snowy ground. We had the first snow yesterday and, today, the road is all white during my walk here.

"Oh, sorry to keep you waiting," Yoseob opens the door, greeting me politely. He pulls the door wider, gesturing me to step inside. "It must be cold outside. Come in."

We had another quick discussion about my talent days ago and Woosin actually convinced to me make a sample recording then send it to his company. Yoseob told us that he actually had a good room in his house for a self-recording session so here I was at the moment.

"Do you live alone?" I ask as we take the staircase to the upper floor. "It's a really good house."

Yoseob laughs. "No, I live with my parents and an older sister. They're currently enjoying holiday in Tokyo and will return in a week."

"Oh, you're not going with them?" another question pops as he unlocks a door in the end of the corridor. "It's not because of me, right?"

He chuckles, shaking his head, "Don't concern about it. I'll just refrain myself from taking holiday during early winter and end of summer."

This time I stop myself from asking another question because his gaze becomes so sad and lonely. He still puts a smile on his face but it's so obvious that it's a sensitive topic to continue.

Yoseob leads me to prepare myself to start the recording with all the equipments we have in the room. He explains some details for me as if he has been doing this for a long time. It's as if this room has been always here for a recording session.

"Wow, amazing," I gasp. "You've prepared everything already!"

"Ruha used to record her songs here," Yoseob gives an unexpected answer because I never think we will have Ruha in our conversation right away. "You're sitting on her favorite chair actually."

I blink as my eyes wander, checking every detail of the room. This is the room Ruha used to have for recording session... at Yoseob' house.

"Yoseob," I call out his name when his hand reaches the door knob. "I'm sorry to ask this but... What is your relationship with Ruha?"

I am curious. I have so many questions in my mind ever since they met at my apartment. They should be close by how Yoseob treats her but, at the same time, they seem so distant. I can't explain why I feel that way but it's a wall I couldn't even touch.

Yoseob forms a bitter smile, "Don't be sorry for asking it, Sunggyu, but, unfortunately, I couldn't tell you anything. If anything, Ruha should be the one who answers your question. I have no right to explain anything."

"Now, excuse me," Yoseob opens the door. "I'll get some drinks for us. Get yourself comfortable. I'll be back in a minute."

Closing the door behind, he leaves me with more puzzled thought. I sigh but immediately stand up when I notice something unusual in the room.

There is a small square table at the corner of the room. There are three picture frames on top of it but two of them are flipped, hiding whatever they have in frame from me. Only the one in white frame is clear to be admired.

It's a picture of RUHA the soloist, holding her first mini album in hand, "First Spring". Her smile iss so bright and radiant that I would believe it's spring already. I look at the background of the picture and return my gaze to the room I am currently in.

This picture was taken in this room.

Reaching out my hand to the frame next to it, I hesitate for seconds. It is put in this position because Yoseob doesn't want to show it, right?

Curiosity wins my decision so I lift the picture frame to see whoever is there. I freeze as if someone just drops the room temperature below zero.

Taken at somewhere beautiful, under the cherry blossoms, Yoseob is smiling so wide as he looks at the camera. Next to him is the reason of the smile, a girl with pink ribbon kissing Yoseob's right cheek, the exactly same girl I just saw in the white frame.

"I hope you like this, Sunggyu, it's a tea I-" Yoseob just returns to the room and both of us fail to find a word to fill the silence. I should apologize to him, for being so rude, but my lips are zipped with confusion.

He looks at me and then the picture frame I am holding. My heart clenches when he speaks first, "I couldn't put away those pictures, even though looking at them doesn't make things any easier."

I put the picture back to the table slowly, trying to process the possible explanation in my head. Is it the reason why Ruha never told me about Yoseob? She never told me much though. Is it the reason why Yoseob had that sad gaze when he looked at Ruha?

"It's been a while," Yoseob puts the cups on another table. "It's been more than a year actually. You do know that RUHA stopped every activity she had all of a sudden, don't you? Only a year after her debut. Right before her third single."

No respond comes from me so Yoseob continues calmly, "It's me who convinced her to debut but I failed to persuade her to stay. As much as she loves music, as much as she trusted me... time took everything away from us."

He has his eyes fix on the table behind me, on the picture frames. I clench my fists, hoping this heartache will stop so I can talk to Yoseob properly. They might have something in past but, now, Ruha chooses me, right?

"I think we can postpone the recording today," Yoseob straightens his body, giving the way for me. "There is a place I want to show you. I just visited it yesterday though but..."

He stops on his word, clearing his throat awkwardly, "I think she'll be there again today as well."

She?

Still, without a word, I follow him out from the house. I stare at my phone on our way to a place Yoseob has told to the taxi driver. I am not listening to what he says at all that I have no idea why we stop by at a florist shop beforehand.

He buys a bouquet of white flowers, holding them in his hand as he flashes me a quick smile before the taxi continued our journey. My attention iss diverted when Yoseob checks his phone, revealing his phone wallpaper: a pink ribbon.

I quickly return my eyes to my own phone, checking the last message Ruha sent to me this morning.

"From: Ruha

I'll see you tomorrow.
There is something I want to talk about."

She has not replied my question of what she will be doing today. I was planning to visit her after my quick recording session with Yoseob but I guess the plan has changed completely.

Because I do meet Ruha.

Not in her apartment. Not at a restaurant. Not at my apartment. Not at any place I expect it would be.

I am in a complete confusion when the taxi stops at this building. Yoseob tells me to get off from the vehicle so it will not be a mistake made by him. We walk pass by some visitors dressed in black, heading to the second floor after he writes his name on the list of visitors. I keep my distance from him, too unsure to say a word until I see Ruha. She is standing in front of the wooden shelves, carrying a bouquet of different white flowers from what Yoseob has. For the first time, I see Ruha's tears. She is crying, clutching on her own jacket as if someone could rip her heart out.

Why is she crying? Why is she here? Why are we here?

Why does Yoseob bring me to a cemetery park?

 

__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Last updated 28 November 2015.
Three years have passed since my last update and I know it sounds so lame already but I'm so sorry for not being able to update my stories frequently now.
 
And, yes, this story is coming to an end in... 2 chapters?
Can you guess where is it gooing now?
 
Feel free to drop your comments below or mention me at Twitter @AFFkyuri91.
Hope you enjoy the new chapter!