Six.

The First Collage ~ Another Me ~
[sunggyu.KIM]
 
Staring at my phone blankly, I can hear the clock is ticking so clearly as if I can ask for the time to move faster if I keep listening to it.
 
It's almost midnight, where the day is going to change once again like every other day. I am waiting just for one new notification on my phone screen, telling me there's one new simple message for me like what I always receive every single night.
 
"Where are you?" I murmur to no one while questions keep running in my head. Should I call her? No. Could I?
 
The second when my phone vibrates and the LED notification blinks a light blue color, I immediately bring the phone closer to me, opening the new message.
 
"From: Ruha
 
Good night. I'll see you tomorrow."
 
Just two sentences but they're more than enough to make my lips curve into a smile, knowing that those two sentences are dedicated to me, believing that, just like what she always did since last month, she never forgets me.
 
It's enough for me.
 
"Good night, Ruha. Let's catch a movie tomorrow!"
 
I hit the send button before throwing my head on the pillow, letting out a sigh. It's strange how I find myself not able to fall asleep before I receive a message from her every night.
 
Sure it's not a necessary task of her nor a basic rule for me to live but that's what I keep feeling since the day I asked her to stay by my side, the day she said she would stay.
 
There are so many things I still don't understand about her. Her reason to join entertainment world just to withdraw from the stage in a matter of year. Her reason to stay with me when we just met again after years. Adding to the list now, her reason not to tell me about Yoseob.
 
Yoseob is a good guy. At least that's the impression he showed on our first meeting. 
 
It's just I could sense that there's something between them. Something beyond just a mere friendship. Yoseob said that they're friends since high school but I don't remember seeing him anywhere before. Is he a classmate when she's in United States?
 
Even after three days since the questions about Yoseob popped in my mind, I still don't find the courage to ask Ruha personally. I don't know if it's because I'm not ready to hear an unexpected answer from her or else.
 
Is Yoseob her ex-boyfriend? Is that why Yoseob assumed that my place is the place where she always runs away from him? Is that why Ruha had a sad gaze in her eyes when she looked at him?
 
"Aish!" I sit up, messing my hair with frustration. "I think I'm going crazy!"
 
My eyes fall on my phone again. The next thing I know, my hand is reaching out for it, opening the inbox and I start to type a message to Ruha.
 
"I want to see you."
 
However my finger stops in the middle of the air, only milimetres away from the 'send' button. Is it okay for me to say such selfish stuff to her? Is it an appropriate act?
 
Sent.
 
Perhaps she will reply me tomorrow morning. Perhaps she will just ignore it. Perhaps we will pretend that nothing has happened. Perhaps...
 
...I am wrong.
 
"From: Ruha
 
Now?"
 
That's her reply. 
 
I rub my eyes, in case I am half-asleep and imagining things but I'm not. She really replied to my message. She asked me.
 
"Yes. If it's alright with you."
 
It takes me minutes to respond her one-word-question. After some random considerations, I send the nervous answer, partly expecting nothing good yet praying for a surprise.
 
I get the latter.
 
"From: Ruha
 
You can come to my place whenever you want to."
 
 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
 
Pulling my jacket tighter, I look up at the tall building. After fifteen minutes walking under the night sky, I finally arrive in front of Ruha's apartment building.
 
I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear on my way here but, now that I'm only minutes away from meeting her, the excitement vanishes bit by bit.
 
Aren't I being too selfish and inconsiderate, visiting a girl at this hour? Even though I call her my girlfriend, even though I know that she's currently not looking for a job so she barely has anything to do except composing music and writing songs.
 
But still...
 
"Are you going to stand there until the sun rises?"
 
I snap back to my senses upon the voice. I find the source of voice, sitting down at the front porch, wrapped with a black jacket.
 
"Ruha!" I rush to her with confusion. "Are you... Are you waiting for me here? How long have you been here?"
 
"Since your last message," she stands up, tucking her hands inside of the pockets. Ruha turns around, stepping into the building.
 
I follow her to the elevator, still find myself amazed with the fact that she's been there by herself despite the cold weather. She could wait for me inside her cozy room instead of waiting for me.
 
When the elevator stops at the right floor, Ruha walks out while pulling her key from pocket. Once we find her room, she opens it, letting me to come inside without a single word.
 
It's not the first time I came here. I visited her place two weeks ago when I randomly joked about how I wanted to see her place. I just spent around an hour there in the living room, served with a cup of jasmine tea.
 
The big difference? I visited this place at noon last time. It's past midnight right now.
 
"Are you not going to ask me anything?" I break the silence because we just sit side by side without any exchanging word happens. "Like... why I come here?"
 
Ruha leans comfortably to the back of the couch, intertwining her fingers together, "You said you wanted to see me. Isn't that why you're here?"
 
Why does everything become so simple and complicated at the same time when I talk with Ruha?
 
"Why weren't you asleep yet?" I choose to divert the topic. "I'm sorry if I disturbed your sleeping time and all but if-"
 
"I can't sleep," she answers shortly. "If only it's possible, I don't want to sleep."
 
I tilt my head, "Why?"
 
"Because I don't want to dream," she turns to look at me, freezing me with her sharp gaze. "Because there is another me in dream."
 
No one talks for the next few seconds until Ruha leaves her seat, heaving a sigh, "Now that you have seen me, are you going to return?"
 
I shake my head and dare myself to hold her hand. I stand up, embracing her hand a little bit tighter, "Why don't you try to sleep, Ruha? I'll wait until you sleep."
 
She doesn't return my embrace but she doesn't pull her hand either. She just looks at my hand which is holding hers before pulling me along, leading me to her bedroom.
 
Her bedroom is pretty neat and simple. There's only a queen-sized bed, a wardrobe, a small table next to her bed, and a working desk with laptop on it. There's a guitar next to the desk. I notice another glass wardrobe with a violin, harmonica, and flute inside.
 
There's something unusual in her room but, before I can think of anything, I can feel my heart is going to jump out from my chest when Ruha suddenly pulls me to sit on her bed without letting go of my hand.
 
Our eyes meet and she finally takes her hand from mine, positioning herself comfortably on bed. I think she will just close her eyes and doze to the dreamland but, no, she gives me another surprise by extending her hand to me.
 
"Are you going to stay until I fall asleep?" she asks me without any cute attempt like what other girls will probably do to their boyfriends.
 
Although my heart beats even faster than it can ever do, I smile to her and lay down next to her. I take her hand and place it so close to my lips as we stare at each other, "I'm here, Ruha."
 
With just those words, she closes her eyes as if I just promised to be her guardian for life. She really falls asleep within just a minute.
 
I admire her sleeping face, wondering if she really hates to sleep and dream when she just fell asleep so fast. Could it even be possible that she could sleep so easily because of my presence?
 
"Ruha...," I kiss the back of her hand, inhaling her faint sweet scent that I always love just as much as I love to see her. "Can I always stay with you?"
 
There is no answer but I don't expect any at the moment.
 
Right now I can hear the clock is ticking so clearly as well but, this time, I keep listening to it as if I can ask for the time to stop.
 
Because what matters now is only me and her.
 
I whisper the words I always used to stay to her through phone calls and messages before I close my eyes, still holding her hand.
 
"Good night, Ruha."
 
 
__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Last updated 4 August 2013 and now is 6 November 2013.
This is becoming old now but, yeah, I know that I'm a baddd author. *bows*
 
I can assure you that I'm not abandoning any stories! ;)
 
Feel free to drop your comments below or mention me at Twitter @AFFkyuri91.
Hope you enjoy the new chapter!
 

(anyway, have you watched Kanto ft. Sunggyu - What You Want MV? GYUUUU~ *squeals* *happy fangirl*)