Second Step: Doing him a favour

One Step At A Time

"Ladies, I'm sorry but by any chance, have you seen a guy with blonde hair and goes by the name 'L.joe'?"

 

Oh, so his name is L.joe, isn’t it?

She swiftly spun her head around and her eyes narrowed into dark slits as she observed this foolish guy who had somewhat convinced himself that hiding beside Ji Eun’s feet was the perfect hideout. (Dang, she bet none of the kids would ever want to play hide and seek with him. He at this.)

L.joe gulped down his saliva, evidently nervous but the glance in his eyes remained firm.

She laced her fingers together and bent them a little backwards, allowing her knuckles to pop. She stifled a yawn and sent a quick, discreet grin in his direction before she finally answered the bulky guy’s question.  

“Oh, you mean, L.joe?” A chill sent down her spine when that word rolled off her tongue. Nonetheless, she brushed that sensation off and battered her eyelashes, in an attempt to convince the guy right in front of her that she actually had a clue on what was going on.

“Yes, or some might call him as Lee Byung Hun instead. So did you actually know where he is?” His words spat out like venom and his glance immediately reverted back to his golden sleek watch, right after his statement. To Sunyoung, that spelled nothing but rude and her intentions to rat L.joe out had long dispersed.

“Well, I do.” She leaned forward and gave her palm a slight rub, a habit that she had picked up from nowhere.

From the corner of her eyes, she could see that fool, L.joe, stiffen upon picking up that reply. His face paled, losing its colour and his eyes darted around, as if he was contemplating on how he could free himself from this sticky situation. Hence, she figured before he would pass out and create more trouble for her, she would do him (and herself) a favour.

“He ran off in that direction.”

That breath he had been holding in was let out right at the next second and it was so loud that she almost gave him a smack on his head.

 

 

 

“You can get yourself away from my friend and out of this store. Now. ” She grumbled. She was never keen in being part of drama of any kind, especially when she had both my hands full with life in general. By intruding into that drama moments ago on her own will was a mistake itself and she had no wishes to repeat it again.

However, L.joe had only proved himself to be the goof (that she suspected him of) and beamed at her. Her heart beat quickened at that scene, catching her off guard. She shook off that image and deliberately shifted her body back towards the tteokbokki instead. Okay, I get it. He was good-looking but I saw no reason why he was trying to get into my good books.

“Get out. Now.” She repeated but the words came out, harsher than she expected and she cringed inwardly at her tone.

However, he remained unfazed and smiled.

 

“I will but something tells me that we’ll meet again very soon.”

 


Hello, chapter 2 is up. Can anyone please leave a comment and let me know what they actually think of this story? :)

That's all for now.

Love you all.