Persistence

Not So Much of a Fairy Tale

 

If they thought she would give up easily just like that, they were wrong. In Gyuri’s attempt to get Kyuhyun back, she sought another ally. She met with Yesung but instead of him helping her, all she got from him was a slap of his words.

 

“I regretted the day I introduced you to him. Why do you have to come back? Seeing that your recent relationships had a bad outcome, now you come here to get Kyuhyun back? Do you think he will be like a loyal dog that will wait for his master who abandoned him? Now that he has moved on with a new love, you are planning to disturb them? Can you just live without a guy in your life?!

 

During college, he went away from home just to be with you. He left Seoul despite grandma’s opposition. He was always by your side supporting you all the way. Have you forgotten about that? Do you still recall the night you broke up with him? He planned to propose to you. After that night, he still tried to contact you but you kept ignoring him. He wanted to see you even for one last time but you did not give him a chance. He waited for you but you did not come. You have taken his love for granted. You broke up with him with no reason at all. You don’t deserve his love.”

 

“AISH!” Gyuri screamed in frustration. She hurled her glass of cocktail to the wall smashing it into several shards with the contents spilling on the carpeted floor tainting it red. She pulled her hair and cried miserably. Her tears ruined her dark makeup and left a distinct stain on her face. She buried her face down the countertop of her personal minibar.

 

“I will get you back Kyuhyun and I will make sure that Seohyun will be the one who will voluntarily stay away.”

--------------------

 

“Stay for the night… please. Just you being next to me, it brings me much comfort.”

 

Morning came and the golden rays of sunlight slipped through the thinly curtained window striking Kyuhyun’s face. He stirred on bed for a while before finally deciding to open his eyes. For a moment he was blinded by the glaring light. He squinted his eyes until he was able to refocus his gaze and laid his eyes on the angelic face of his sleeping princess. He smiled at the lovely sight of her being next to him. He pulled her closer and cuddled her for a while, inhaling her scent as he leaned forward to kiss her hair. Seohyun stirred for a second but she immediately went back to her dreamland.

 

Kyuhyun got up and went to his old paintings that have found their dwelling on the corner of his bedroom. All his latest works of art were already at the mansion and all that was left here were the ones that he deemed unnecessary or inessential to him. One of them was his portrait of Gyuri. He pulled it out of his case and placed it leaning against the wall. He stooped down to pick up a paint and brush. With his brush, he smeared the white paint all over the portrait masking the entirety of her picture.

 

“I have moved on Gyuri. I wish you will do the same too.” Kyuhyun said.

 

“Kyuhyun-oppa,” Seohyun mumbled as she sat up rubbing her eyes. “What are you doing?”

 

“Nothing,” Kyuhyun answered keeping the portrait away. He then hopped on bed and slipped under the blanket tackling Seohyun back to bed. He trapped her in his arms and rested his head on the crook of her neck.

 

“Can we stay like this for a while?” He uttered, sounding much like a little child who was begging for his parent to yield to his wishes.

 

“Oppa, I still have afternoon classes and Yuri-unnie might already be worried. I said that I will just stay until the morning.” Seohyun protested but Kyuhyun just snuggled closer and hugged her tighter. Seohyun just sighed and gave in for in the back of her mind, she also wanted to stay like that.

-----------------

 

It would have been one of the most wonderful days for Seohyun after spending a quality time with Kyuhyun the night before and earlier this morning until Gyuri appeared out of the blue and spoiled her peaceful afternoon. In one of the gardens of the campus, there she was, a person of Kyuhyun’s past standing before her.

 

“What are you doing here Gyuri-shi?” Seohyun asked. “I will really appreciate it if you leave us alone.” She told her firmly. Kyuhyun advised her not to listen to her anymore or avoid her if she happened to bump into her. “You’re a beautiful and talented person. In no time, there will be a lot of rightful men that will fall for you.” Seohyun turned back and began to walk away, however, Gyuri caught up with her. She kneeled in front of her and held her hands.

 

“Seohyun, I can’t live without Kyuhyun,” she cried as she pleaded. “I rather die than not have him. I will die, Seohyun. I will die! Can you afford seeing someone suffering so miserably while the two of you having a blissful time together?” Gyuri asked her. She was clearly pressing on her conscience, attacking Seohyun’s weak point. Seohyun tried to remain steadfast to her resolve. She recalled Kyuhyun’s reminder to her. “Don’t be moved by her words. She may try to manipulate you. Just don’t pay any attention to what she says.”

 

That’s the reason I am telling you to move on. Now, can you please get up there? It’s embarrassing,” Seohyun released her hands from her grip and pulled her to stand. “I am sorry but I can’t grant your request.” Seohyun once again turned her back against her.

 

“For all we know, Seohyun, he is just using you to forget me,” Gyuri said.

 

“Gyuri-shi, I won’t listen anymore to what else you have to say. You don’t know anything about us.” Seohyun replied sharply before eventually leaving.

 

“Seohyun, you will regret this. Remember that!” Gyuri called out to her.

---------------

 

That night, the entertainment and fashion world were shaken by this shocking news:

 

“Top designer Park Gyuri hospitalized after attempting suicide.”

 

A/N: 4 chapters to go (including the epilogue)