Sweet Memoir

Nightfall

 

 

“Hey wait! Soojung!” Kai approached her with a cheerful smile spreading from across his lips.

She titled her head around and stopped on her tracks to check out who it was. “It’s you... Wait, what’s your name again?” She plastered a smile on her face and added, “Is there something that you need?”

“None actually. I just want to talk. But wait, you forgot my name, already? Well that was fast.” He replied, scratching the back of his head.

“Oops! I’m sorry. I’m not really good with names.” She replied. “So, what is it that you wanted to talk about?”

“Well... you.” He said, sending off a smirk.

She shyly looked at him and suddenly, her cheeks were turning red with his eye-catching, breathtaking, captivating, cute smile.

“What about me?” She asked, gesturing at the bench where she wanted to sit. She sat down and leaned quietly.

“Everything about you. Likes and dislikes. First love. Family. Your ideal man.”

“Oh... likes? Well, I like dancing and singing. I’m also fascinated to sports and trying new things. I love watching movies with sad endings. I like window shopping. I like listening to music. I’m allergic to apples but I love them anyway. One thing I hate... cucumbers. It really gets on my nerves. I have a sister. And my father’s already dead. My mother’s still alive... what more... uhmm... that’s everything I’ve got.” She said smiling at him.

“How about your ideal man?” Kai asked, placing his head above his head, leaning his elbows on his legs.

“Cute – ”

“Check.” He interrupted.

“ – Intelligent – ”

“Check.” He said.

“ – Tall – ”

“Check.” He replied with a playful tone.

“ – Charismatic – ”

“Check.”

“ – A good dancer – ”

“Check.  Check. Check.”

“ – And has a white complexion.”

He suddenly dropped his head and sat straight up and pouted cutely. “Can you remove the last one?”

“What? Why? It’s my ideal man.” She said her eyebrows rose up.

“I don’t have that one.” He said rubbing his temples.

She acted innocent and asked, “Why?” even though she knows the answer.

“I like you and I want to be your ideal man.”
“Oh,” She said, trying hard to control her chuckle. “Well that’s not gonna happen.” She assured him.

“It will happen. Just wait and see.”