Chapter 1

Try To Walk Again

 

-Chapter 1-

 

 

The sound of his ringtone immediately woke him up.It was only 6 and yet,someone is already calling him...on a Saturday morning.He knew from the beginning that the call was related to his work since those around him who knew him well,know enough to not disturb his sleep.

 

 

“Hello?” the 25 year old groggily rubbed his eyes,sitting up straight on his bed while trying to put on his glasses.

 

 

“Is this Kim Himchan?”

 

 

“Yes,now who's speaking?”

 

 

“This is Shin Soohyun from-”

 

 

“NH Corporation right?” Himchan cut him off right before the business representative even managed to finish what he was saying.

 

 

“Ah yes...,” there was a sound of him clearing his throat for a bit on the other line before the man whom introduced himself as Shin Soohyun continued. “May i arrange a meeting with you later Himchan-ssi? There's something that we need to discuss about.”

 

 

“Sure,i'm free the whole day so when do you wanna meet me?”

 

 

“At 2 PM,Sweet Bread's cafe.”

 

 

“I'll meet you there then,and is that all?”

 

 

“Yes and i'm sorry for waking you up in such an early hour.”

 

 

“It's fine,don't worry about it.”

 

 

After bidding him his goodbye,Himchan got up from his bed and lazily dragged his feet across the room to his bathroom,bringing along his towel.It didn't took him long to clean himself up and within half an hour,he was already properly dressed up.

 

 

He wore a light brown vest over a plain white shirt and is matched with a blue-striped tie along with a pair of worn-out jeans.As soon as he went downstairs,Himchan was immediately greeted by his younger cousin who was busy making breakfast for himself.

 

 

“Oh? You're early today hyung.”

 

 

“I need to meet someone later in the afternoon,” he shrugged and took a seat next to Junhong,grabbing a piece of bread on the table.A grin crept on the younger guy's face as he replied.

 

 

“Ah,your girlfriend hyung?”

 

 

“Yah,how many times do i have to tell you i don't have a girlfriend?” Himchan lightly smacked Junhong's head.

 

 

“Psh,i still don't believe you hyung,what about Hyosung noona then?”

 

 

“She's just a close friend Jello-ah,besides she's already attached to someone.”

 

 

“Who?”

 

 

“Her ex-classmate and if i tell you the name you won't even know who he is anyway.”

 

 

“Arasso arasso,” he scrunched his nose before continuing what he was doing earlier.

 

 

A few moments later,the silence between the two broke when Himchan looked at him after finishing his piece of bread.”Yah,when are you gonna go home?”

 

 

“I like staying at your place.”

 

 

“...Did you pissed off Sooyoung again?”

 

 

And he was right on it.Junhong turned his gaze somewhere else when he heard what Himchan was saying.”N-no,of course not...”

 

 

“What did you do this time?” he sighed,shaking his head to it.

 

 

“....She kind of found out that i have a crush on one of her friends...”

 

 

“I can't hear you kid.”

 

 

Junhong took a deep breath before repeating what he was saying earlier. “Noona found out that i have a crush on one of her friends.”

 

 

“...That's it? So she's not mad at you?”

 

 

“Yeah...”

 

 

“Then why are you hesitating to go home?”

 

 

“...And she's staying at our place right now since there was a water leak in her house and the repair won't be done till Monday.”

 

 

“Ah...,” Himchan nodded understandingly.

 

 

“H-how am i suppose to breathe if she's in the same room as i am? And noona would endlessly tease me in front of her.That's why i needed to stay at your place for a while hyung,” he cutely blushed which earned a chuckle from Himchan.

 

 

“How old is she btw?”

 

 

“...She's seven years older than me...”

 

 

Something then clicked inside the older guy's head.He wasn't really sure whether the person on his mind is really his dongsaeng's crush. “Don't tell me that you've got a crush on Kim Taeyeon?”

 

 

“...Did you know her hyung?”

 

 

“Of course,she's a senior of mine in high school and always hung out with Sooyoung.”

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

A girl in her late teens could be seen sitting on the bench alone,watching the rest of the kids playing around.Since she's one of the older ones at the place,it's one of her duties to watch over the younger orphans and today's her turn to do so.

 

 

This year is actually her last year staying at the orphans house and it kind of made her a little bit sad to leave the people whom she had considered as her own family.After all,the people at the community did took care of her for almost 10 years already.

 

 

“Yuna-yah,” a familiar voice made her snapped out of her thoughts.Yuna then noticed one of the regular volunteers at the place who's about the same age as she is was standing nearby.Moon Jongup,also one of the nicest person she had ever known.

 

 

To be honest,it took Jongup a while actually to break the walls between them and Yuna was glad that he actually made an effort to get to know her unlike the others.It's hard for her to make friends since she's more of the quiet type but luckily she does have a few and all of them are the total opposite of her.Outgoing and cheerful.

 

 

“You're here,” she gave him a light smile which he replied with one.

 

 

“Can i sit with you here?”

 

 

“Sure.”

 

 

Silence conquered the atmostphere for a while and Jongup,who had been glancing at the girl for quite a lot now after taking a seat next to her,cleared his throat before giving her a can of cold orange juice. “Here,i got this for you..”

 

 

“Oh,gomawo,” Yuna slightly raised the can and thanked him.

 

 

“So...uhm,how have you been?” Jongup played with the ring on his finger,trying to ease his nervousness from being with her.Ever since he found out that he had fallen for Yuna,he'd get nervous whenever he's with her but of course he tried to hide it.

 

 

“I'm okay now that you brought this for me,” she chuckled. “It's been pretty hot out here.”

 

 

“It really is,” he nodded. “Uhm...can i ask you a question?”

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

“...Are you free next Thursday night?”

 

 

“Hmm,i think so,why?”

 

 

Slowly taking two tickets out of his pocket,Jongup showed her the reason he asked her. “I've got an extra ticket to BIGBANG's concert next week and i was thinking of taking you along with me,you...do like them don't you?”

 

 

There's actually no need to ask Yuna about it since he knew that she's a fan of them.He bought the tickets solely for her by the way and use a lame excuse to cover it up.

 

 

Biting her lower lip to contain her excitement,Yuna slowly nodded at his question. “I like them a lot.”

 

 

“Do...you wanna go?”

 

 

“I'd love to.”

 

 

“Great so it's a date then...” he mumbled happily.

 

 

“...I'm sorry?”

 

 

“N-nothing...”

 

 

A/N You'll know more on what Himchan really do in the next chapter,or the next next chapter maybe XD And yeah,Zelo is cousins with Himchannie here :3 I'll do more on the event that made Jongup aware of his feelings in the future chapters btw ^^