Episode 09

❝ We Got Babies! ❞

January 12

Yoon Shik yawned as she walked by the kitchen. Today, she woke up especially early to prepare something for a special someone.

Before everything, she got herself a cup of coffee as she wondered what to cook. It hasn’t been that long since they just first met and she still gets a little awkward with him.

Not knowing what he likes to eat the most, she decided to look it up in the internet.

“Hmmm…” She hummed, staring at her phone as she scrolled down through the page. “Spaghetti, huh?” She murmured.

 “Good morning.” Someone greeted, walking his way to the coffee counter.

Yoon Shik was surprised and flinched in response.

“Sorry, did I surprise you?” Xiumin asked getting his mug and poured coffee.

“Ah—no. Not at all.” Yoon Shik laughed awkwardly. “Good morning, Xiumin-oppa.”

“Good morning.” He replied. “What are you doing up so early?”

“Ah…” Yoon Shik suddenly remembered what she was supposed to do. “W-well...” She murmured. She is a very shy person and she doesn’t talk much to other people so to hide her embarrassment, she tried distracting herself by getting the ingredients that she needs.

“Hm?” Xiumin urged.

“It is someone’s birthday.” She was able to answer finally. Although it was very indirect, Xiumin easily caught up to the idea.

“Yeah. It's Kyungsoo’s.” He leaned on the table, a part of him very amused that Yoon Shik is still acting so shy after a couple of weeks living in this house.

Yoon Shik nodded in confirmation, still trying to get her hands busy.

“And you’re cooking spaghetti.” Xiumin observed and Yoon Shik flushed in response. “That’s very nice. Kyungsoo loves spaghetti.”

Yoon Shik said nothing in response. She is still a bit embarrassed that a member of EXO is looking at her as she cooks.

“Want some help?” he offered.

“N-no thanks, oppa. I think I can handle it here.” She stammered.

“Okay.” Xiumin finally stood straight. Carrying his coffee, he passed by Yoon Shik from the back. “Just a little advice, Kyungsoo likes his spaghetti having just less sauce than usual but meaty and moderate amount of cheese.”

Yoon Shik nodded and croaked her thanks. Once Xiumin had gone back to where he came from, she sighed like she hadn’t taken a breath for a long time. She then quickly finished her cooking, knowing that she might be running out of time. After all, Kyungsoo can also be an early riser.

 

D.O’s eyes opened as he took in his surroundings, he felt his arm touched by a small hand and noticed Mei Li in his arms—sleeping. His eye caught on the empty space beside Mei Li and noticed that Yoon Shik is gone.

That’s weird… Kyungsoo thought. I am usually the one to wake up first.

“Papa…” Mei Li murmured, snuggling closer to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo smiled at the adorable little girl beside him as he her hair absentmindedly. As much as he wanted to rise from the bed, he decided to wait until Mei Li wakes up. Soon, the child would eventually wake up from his touch.

The door of the room opened and Kyungsoo looked at who went inside. He saw Yoon Shik struggling to balance a tray with one hand as the other held the door knob.

Their eyes met and Yoon Shik bit her lip blankly.

“Omo.” D.O’s eyes widened and quickly got out of the bed to help Yoon Shik. He got the tray from her while Yoon Shik closed the door.

“T-thank you.” Yoon Shik stammered.

Before Kyungsoo could ask, Yoon Shik quickly got the tray and carefully laid them down at the foot of the bed. Seeing her child waking up, she smiled at her and got closer to caress her head.

Kyungsoo just looked at them without moving an inch, smiling at how wonderful this scene is to look at. Mei Li rubbed her eyes as she let out a small yawn.

“Good morning, baby~” Yoon Shik greeted, still gently caressing the head of the baby girl.

“Mmm?” Mei Li opened an eye.

“Remember what day today is?” She whispered at the half-awake Mei Li.

Instantly remembering, Mei Li’s eyes widened and immediately and exclaimed. “Where is papa D.O?!”

Surprised that the child was actually looking for him, he raised his hand first and said. “I’m here.” When he was able to recover and walked his way to the bed.

“Appa!” Mei Li exclaimed once again as she was very excited, she moved fervently on the bed and stood, jumping quite a bit.

Yoon Shik was quick enough to get the glasses of water nearby for they might get spilled.

“Hm?” Kyungsoo hummed, holding Mei Li while the latter surprisingly hugged him.

“Appa! Papa! Happy birthday!” She kissed his cheek.

Kyungsoo chuckled at the two languages that came out of the child’s mouth. “Thank you~!” He said in Chinese.

“Happy birthday, oppa.” Yoon Shik greeted as well. “I made breakfast. Come sit.”

“Yes!” Mei Li seconded. “Come sit!” She mimicked walking her way to her place on the bed.

Yoon Shik stood to get the tray closer to them as she told Mei Li to be careful.

“Wow!” Kyungsoo’s eyes sparkled at the sight of the spaghetti. “Thank you!” He told Yoon Shik. “Is this all for me?”

“Want to eat! Want to eat!” Mei Li chanted, feeling the hunger from her stomach, wanting to eat anything that was edible.

Kyungsoo chuckled as he fed Mei Li and himself. Yoon Shik smiled at the sweet gesture. Kyungsoo glanced at Yoon Shik as he twirled the fork on the spaghetti. “Nana-shii, say ‘ahhh’”

Yoon Shik was taken aback for a mere second and replied. “I already ate, oppa.”

“Ahhh~” Kyungsoo urged with a smile.

Yoon Shik slightly blushed and followed as Kyungsoo fed her. Yoon Shik and Kyungsoo stared at each other for a couple of seconds until…

“Me next!” Mei Li demanded and opened very big to make her point.

The family then spent their time the rest of the morning in their room as they talked and played with Mei Li until someone knocked on the door.

“Come in.” Kyungsoo said, not bothering to open.

Chen popped his head inside the room and grinned. “Yah! Birthday boy. Enough of the solo with your wife and child and come join us outside.”

With that, Kyungsoo, Yoon Shik and Mei Li went outside of their room and were greeted with a surprise for Kyungsoo’s birthday by the rest of the household. 


January 14

Minjung smiled widely as soon as she woke up. This is going to be a perfect day, she thought. Well… not as perfect back at Paris but… oh wells. Minjung simply shrugged the thought. She hummed her way to the bathroom, taking a bath.

It hasn’t been only a couple of days when they arrived back in Korea and she already missed Paris. Going there was like a dream come true for Minjung and it was very peaceful there.

No saesangs by the airport. She thought, scoffing at the memory but smiled when she remembered what happened when they were on their way to the airport. Many people acknowledged her for being next to Kai. She felt loved when some fans even gave them gifts as they struggled their way through the mass of people.

Once she finished bathing, she quickly changed to her casual outfit.

When she got out of the bathroom, she noticed that Kai and Yaozu were still sleeping. She walked her way to Kai’s side of the bed and gently tapped him to wake.

“Kai-oppa.” She called countless of time until the sleepy Kai was able to open at least one eye. “Oppa… Happy birthday~” Minjung greeted with a smile, still in the same position.

Kai moaned in his sleepiness and managed to say “Thank you” in his hoarse voice.

Minjung pouted. “Come on, get up. We’re going out.”

“Wh-what?” Kai asked, not quite registering the words the other was saying. When Minjung repeated in a louder tone, Kai groaned. “Can I go back to sleep since it's my birthday…?”

Minjung giggled. “No can do. Come on, we’ll take Yaozu to the mall.”

Kai groaned one last time and decided to rise from the bed. “As you wish, princess.”

Minjung grinned. “That’s more like it. Go on and take a bath. I’ll wake up Yaozu.”

 

Minjung walked with much air and confidence as two of the most important people in her life at the moment followed her from behind. She hummed absently thinking what to buy while they passed through the boutiques.

Kai yawned for the fifth time ever since they arrived and Yaozu couldn’t help but yawn as well. He tried to widen his eyes to awaken himself and caught Minjung looking at him. They held gazes for a while and Minjung just smiled at him in the end before breaking contact and moving on.

Kai smirked at the thought in mind. Minjung walked her way further and Yaozu noticed this and was about to tell his dad that they should catch up but Kai held Yaozu back, signaling him to be quiet. They stopped walking without Minjung’s notice and once Minjung saw a boutique that she wanted to go to, she was about to tell Kai and Yaozu but was surprised that she couldn’t see them anywhere near her.

Kai and to Yaozu’s protest, hid behind a large plant behind Minjung, Minjung looked to every direction but she couldn’t find them.

Suddenly, someone tapped her shoulder. When she turned her head to look, she met Kai’s finger poking her cheek and Kai burst into laughter.

“I can't believe you fell for that.”

Minjung was speechless with Kai’s action and was about to scold him but got distracted when a hand held hers. It was Yaozu’s.

“Seriously, Kai-oppa.” Minjung shook her head.

“What?” Kai asked innocently. “It was funny.”

Minjung pouted and Kai surrounded her in his arms. Secretly, Minjung took out something out from her pocket as she wiggled her way out of Kai’s embrace.

“Here…” Minjung handed the box to Kai. “Happy birthday, oppa.” She cooed.

“Waaah~!” Kai looked surprised. “Thank you~” He grinned.

Minjung was about to break contact when Kai continued. “But you know, there’s something you should do to make everything perfect.”

“What?” Minjung asked absently, looking at Kai’s mischievous eyes as he smiled at her with one eyebrow raised for a mere second.

Minjung gawked and secretly looked at the people passing by and there was Yaozu as well.

“I'm waiting, princess~” Kai urged.

Minjung shrugged everything and complied. Kai grabbed Yaozu and covered his eyes when Minjung kissed Kai on the cheek. “Better?”

Kai shook his head and caught Minjung frowning. “It’s perfect.”

With that, Minjung grinned and hugged Kai by his side as the family went on their way to enjoy the rest of the day. 


Author's note 

Ta-dah~! Hello everyone! Its another update for our dearest WGB~! So as you have read, this chapter is all about how we spend our birthdays! Belated Happy birthday to our Jongin and Kyungsoo~! Although this shouldve been posted on their birthdays, I say my apologies once again for us not being on. ><

But! Past is past and we are trying our best to update as much as we can and we hope that you enjoy reading our chapters! 

                                                                                                                                                                               -Yen