Hoya

His Type

The next day I went down to day care center again. I dressed appropriately this time (no high heels. What was I thinking yesterday?). The lady at the front desk greeted me and after getting my name tag I went to find Howon. He was doing a cute little dance for the kids. So cute. So perfect. He gave me a friendly smile when he saw me.

“Oppa, is that your girlfriend?” one of the little girls asked him.

“She wishes.” Howon said.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. Whatever. I'll get my wish. You just wait and see Howon.

“Morning kids.” I said.

“Why didn't you bring my jacket with you?” he asked.

“I'll return it when you ask me out.”

“Then I guess your gonna have to wait a while.”

I gasped at hearing this. Then I gave a pout.

“Why?” I asked.

Howon laughed.

“I'm just starting to get to know the real you. I'm not just going to ask you out after one day.”

“Your such a tease.” I said continuing my pout.

“I told you I'd ask you out SOON. That didn't mean tomorrow.”

I crossed my arms and turned away. That's when I noticed Sungyeol. I went on over to him.

“You volunteer here?” I asked.

“Yeah. How else do you think I became friends with his ex-girlfriend? What are you doing here?” He looked at my shirt and at the sight of my name tag he started cracking up.

“No way, your actually volunteering?” he asked in between laughs.

“Yes.” I said and stormed off back over to Howon.

“Who wants to see Zoey dance?” he asked the kids.

The cheered and I looked over at Howon like he was crazy. Well, not like. He was crazy.

“Heck no!” I said.

Howon started chanting my name. Soon the kids joined and then we had Sungyeol over here with his group of kids chanting my name as well.

“Fine.” I said.

The kids cheered and I started to dance to Oh by SNSD. This song practically explains me and Howon. Then Howon who I guess new the words, started to sing the song. So he can sing, dance, great with kids, cute, loves to read. Howon, Marry me now. Then the kids that knew the song started to sing along to. Sungyeol as well. He seemed to be enjoying this to much. When I finished, I bowed and everyone clapped. I glared over at Sungyeol.

“You are just asking for it. Wipe that smug little smirk off your face.” I told him.

“I just can't believe your really doing this.” he said.

“Believe it.” I said,

After another successful day at the day care center, Howon walked me home again.

“I'll see you tomorrow in school.” he said.

This time the little tease grabbed my hand and gave it a kiss.

“Just ask me out.” I almost begged.

“Still too soon.” he said.

He said goodbye and I sighed and went inside my house.

I made sure to grab my new book before I left for school. The usual crowd was shocked with my book. I ignored all there questions and walked inside ready to see Howon and have him be proud I stayed the same girl. Dongwoo once again came up and put his arm around me.

“Annyeong Jagiya!” he sang. “did you talk to your friend yet?”

“No. I'm busy trying to work on my own relationship. And don't call me Jagiya.”

Dongwoo took off his hand and stood in front of me stopping me in my tracks.

“What the heck is this?” he asked.

He snatched the book from my hand.

“Yah! Don't touch my book.” I said and snatched it back. I hugged it tight.

“You don't read.” he said.

“That's where your wrong.”

I saw Howon coming this way and smiled brightly.

“Gotta go. Oh, yeah, um, tell Myungsoo to just ASK her out. Araso?”

I didn't wait for the reply and hurried over to Howon.

“Look what I brought today.” I said and showed him the book.

He smiled at me.

“I'm proud.”

“Jagiya, what are you doing?”

I rolled my eyes and turned around to see Dongwoo.

“I told you to stop it. It's been over for a month. I moved on to someone better.”

“This guy?” he asked.

“Yeah. He's Howon. He's better then you. Way better.”

“Highly doubt it.” Dongwoo said.

Sungyeol was passing by and Dongwoo stopped him.

“Get a load of this. Zoey is trying to tell me she dumped me for this guy. Crazy right?”

I rolled my eyes and walked away. Howon followed me. He grabbed onto my hand and I looked at him shocked.

“He annoys me.” Howon said.

I sighed. I thought he would actually ask me out. He's just trying to annoy Dongwoo.

“Same.” I plainly said.

Then an idea popped into my head.

“You know, a kiss would really annoy Dongwoo.”

Howon turned his head to look at Dongwoo and I did too. He was watching. It shocked me when Howon actually brought me in for a kiss. Oh my gosh. Was this happening? Luckily it was, but not the way I wanted it to. Still, the kiss was amazing. We broke apart hearing Dongwoo. However, we stayed close and looked into each others eyes. Dongwoo was ranting on and on about something. I wasn't really listening but I think it had to do with the fact that Howon would bring down my coolness factor. I didn't give a care in the world.

“Zoey, are you listening?” he asked.

I took my eyes of Howon for one second and saw Dongwoo had moved right in front of us.

“Not really.” I said.

Howon interlaced his hand with mine and we started to walk off.

“About that date.” he said.

“Yes?” I said anxious.

“I'm thinking that maybe we should date.”

Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally! He asked me out!

“That'd be great. I'd love to.” I said keeping calm on the outside. “I bet you'd like to get your jacket back.”

Howon smiled and laughed lightly.

“Cute.” he said.

Oh yes. Yes you are.

“How about we have dinner tonight and discuss the book?”

I waved it in front of his face.

“Loved to... except I'm on page one.”

I gasped in shock and he laughed. He needs to read faster if he wants to be with me.