YOU!?

Across Time

 

“Hmmmm…” you hummed as you slowly opened you eyes. Your sight was blurred but eventually adjusted, only to be greeted by trees and branches. After you got your mind and eyes fully adjusted to your surroundings, you slowly sat up, rubbing the back of your head where you hit yourself. You took a moment to observe your surroundings wondering what had just happened.

*beep beep*

You spun your head around at the sound and spotted the main road that you were looking for, cars zooming by. You checked your wristwatch for the time, groaning as you realized that an hour has past. You got up on your feet, brushing off the dirt from your clothes. As you looked back up at the main road, you spot you bus come to a halt at the bus stop.

“Ah! Wait!” you shouted out; hoping the bus driver heard you. You rushed to the main road, waving at the bus driver as you hoped he spotted you. Luckily he did and waited for you to board on the bus before driving off to the city. You bowed in thanks to the driver and head to an empty seat by the window in the back of the bus. As you took your seat, you stared out the window, drifting off into a daydream.

“Agassi!” the voice echo in your head. You began to remember the man who asked you if you were okay. Even though you out, you did get a good glimpse of the man. You close your eyes trying to remember his face. From what you could remember, he was handsome with gentle yet piercing eyes. His voice was soothing even though he sounded worried and concern. You begin to wonder if it was all a dream. It felt so real; the sound, the touch. Was it really all a dream?

*ring ring*

Your phone began vibrating in your jacket pocket. You ped the pocket and reached in to fish out your phone. You smiled as you spot the name on your screen, and tapped on it to answer.

"NOONA!!!" You heard the other person scream through the other line, causing you to wince and jolt away from the loud sound. You brought the phone back to your ears after you knew it was safe for your ear once more.

"Hey Zelo," you greeted through the phone.

"Where are you? Auntie said that you were supposed to be back already," he said in a childish tone. You could tell that he was pouting on the other line as he always wanted to know what you were up to. He had always been attached to you since the two of you were little. Since the two were only child in your family, your mom and your aunt thought it would be best if you both were close together to keep one another company.

"The bus was delayed," you answered. "But I'm on it right now and should be home soon."

"BALIWAH!!" He shouted through the phone. "My mom and auntie has to run some errands so they won't be able to cook dinner tonight; And you know I can't cook."

"You can cook. You made spaghetti before," you told him as you remember him making spaghetti before (it wasn't the best but it was edible...).

"But I want noona's cooking," he pouted again. "Jongup-hyung also wants your cooking too.”

You let out a sigh as Zelo knew your soft spot for Jongup. Jongup had that innocent little puppy face that can never be denied to, especially when he smiled. Whenever he smiles, you just want to give him everything; spoil him like a little baby. He was your neighbor for as long as you could remember. He is close to Zelo's age and when Zelo first met him, he wasn't happy to meet him. Zelo was afraid that Jongup was going to take you away from him. Eventually Zelo learned to get along with Jongup and even ended up being best friends with him.

"Fine... I'll be home as soon as possible," you reluctantly responded. You could hear both boys cheering in happiness, making you giggle at how adorable they were. Damn them for being adorable little maknaes.

When you got home, you were greeted by Zelo’s bear hug while Jongup gave you a small light hug. The three of you caught up a bit as you told them how the grandparents were as the two couldn’t go due to school (Luckily you had a day off from school to go). The kitchen was filled with laughter and teasing as you cooked dinner for the three of you. After a successful dinner with both of the maknaes completely satisfied (as they showered you with kisses and hugs), you decided to call it a day as you were tired from your travels. Zelo went over to Jongup’s house to study, giving you a moment of peace and quiet in the house. You took a relaxing hot shower and head to your room after, sitting on your bed. As you ruffled your wet hair with your bath towel, you took the chance to examine the stone you found earlier today.

Something about the stone made you wonder what was so special about it. You didn’t usually bring home anything you find (especially things from the woods). You racked your brain for the answers but gave up short after when you couldn’t find one. You across the words once more before motioning to your bedside table. As soon as you were about to set it down, you were engulfed by a bright light again. You shut your eyes closed as the light blinded you, opening it soon after when you felt something was not right. Your eyes widen in confusion and shock as you were greeted by the sight of branches and trees. When you looked down, your face contorted in fear as you realized you were sitting on a tree branch about 10 feet high up. You gripped the tree branch that you were sitting on, stabilizing yourself so you wouldn’t fall to your death (maybe).

“B-Bwohyah…” you managed to mumble out as you looked around your surroundings, trying to grasp the situation that you were in. You spotted a wooden traditional Korean house (the type where noblemans would live in) not too far ahead with lights glowing in the inside.

 “Help!” You croaked out. “Someone… Help me! Please!”

You felt your breath becoming short as anxiousity and fear overcome you. Confusion overwhelming your mind as you wonder why you were in a tree when clearly you were at home.

“SOMEONE! HELP ME PLEASE!!!” You shouted out. As you were about to prepare to sit on the tree for quite a while, you heard a rustle in leaves down below. You’re sullen expression brighten as you may still have some hope of getting out of the tree.

“HEY! HEY!!” you shouted out. You shouted out to whoever was down below.

“Who’s there!?” you heard the voice called out. You could see a figure turning around, searching for your voice.

“UP HERE!” you shouted out. You gained the mysterious person’s attention. “I’M STUCK AND I CAN’T GET DOWN!”

There was a moment of silence as the person wondered whether or not you were real.

“Please help me,” you mumbled in an audible tone.

“Jump down,” you heard the person shout out.

“WHAT!?” you exclaimed with wide eyes. “Are you crazy!? I can die!”

“No you won’t! Just jump down! I’ll catch you!” the person shouted back. You debated as you were not  sure if you should listen to him, but you couldn’t sit in the tree forever as there wasn’t any other options available for you.

“O-Okay…” you reluctantly replied. You scoot yourself to the edge, mind still scared that you were going to hurt yourself or possibly die from the fall. “Y-You’re g-going to c-catch m-me, r-right?”

“Just jump!” the person shouted out in annoyance. You took a deep breath to calm your nerves a bit.

“Here goes nothing,” you whispered. You shut your eyes and let yourself fall off the branch, quickly landing on something cushioning your fall.

“Ughhhhh” you heard the person groaned out in pain. You quickly pushed yourself up to lessen the weight on the person below you.

“Are you okay/?” you asked in a worried tone as you were sure that he got hurt worse than you did. As you got a better look at him, you were shocked to see who you had landed on.

“I-I’m fine,” the man huffed out with his face contorted in pain. He took a deep breath before opening his eyes to meet yours.

“You!”

+++++++++++++++++

Oh ho ho~

Who saved you from the tree? XD

I shall update soon~