8

You Belong To Me

 

“Eloise!!!”

JaeJoong shouted from the kitchen. He glances at his wrist, “it’s nearly 7.30! Come on!!” he continues.

“okay okay! Here I come!!!” she yells back while running on the stairs.

When she reaches in front of him, she smiles, “how do I look?” she went side to side, to shows him the new doctor attire she got from the hospital yesterday.

JaeJoong eyes her from head to toe, he went forward and touched her head, “awful as usual, now let’s go!” with his hand on her head, and he turns her head towards the door.

“aww! Aww!!! My head hurt!” HyeRan try to push his hand, just when she nearly succeed, JaeJoong let go of her head.

 

 

 

They got into the elevator together; JaeJoong went forward to push the button. HyeRan stares at the number 24. Kris’s loft.

It’s been nearly 1 week she didn’t met him. Last time she met him was at the middle of the road, where she nearly got hit by JaeJoong and she got the unexpected her favorite latte from him. She glances towards JaeJoong, this stupid guy nearly hit me that day.

JaeJoong saw how she looking at him, “what?”

She shook her head, “nothing. Just wondering why Kris suddenly missing in action.”

TING

“He always like that, sometimes there, sometimes disappears. Nothing to worry much.” He answered before getting out from the elevator.

“Really? Why is he like that?”

He shook his head, he hands his car key to the bell boy there, and soon, his car is right in front of him.

JaeJoong got inside his car. He expects HyeRan to joins him. But when he looks at outside, she is still staring at his car. He pushes a button on his left side, the windows at the passenger seat moves down.

“Are you getting inside or not?”

HyeRan eyed his car. “This is exactly the car that wanted to crush me on that day!”

JaeJoong got off the car and put his right arm on his car hood. “Eloise, what happen? Get inside the car now. We are going to be late!”

She gets inside the car without saying anything. JaeJoong thinks she is tired to talk back to him.

Upon arrived at the hospital, HyeRan got off after saying a simple ‘thanks’. JaeJoong was thiiiiiiiissss close to grabs her hand but quickly retreat when he saw JunSu coming out from the hospital.

 

“Hey..”

He groaned when he saw her slowly disappeared around the corner. He turns to JunSu, “Ri In and YeRin already at the company. She got something to discuss with her friend.” JunSu nodded his head. “I saw HyeRan just now. She looks happy to be working.” They both smiled.

“You are going to take my car?” JunSu nodded. “My car already used by Ri In. she dropped me this morning.”

JaeJoong looks at him, “and I just-” he looks at his wrist watch, “wasted 5 minutes and 29 seconds with you, explaining where your wife and my daughter went. You should tell me earlier.”

JunSu make a face.

He throws his car key to JunSu, “Just take it home. I’ll take the subway.”

JunSu puts his briefcase at the backside, “what about HyeRan?”

Suddenly he remembers her behavior just now. “I’ll talk to you later. See you at home.”

 

 

 

Time flies really quickly for HyeRan because suddenly her clock shows the digit where she should eat her lunch meal. She stands up and took off her white coat. After switching the place for her white coat with her jacket, she grabs her purse in the drawer.

While waiting for the elevator to arrive on her floor, she suddenly thought of Kris.

“Why he need to sometimes disappear, sometimes available? Doesn’t he have a café to run? Should I visit him?” she mumbled to herself. The elevator arrived when she just finished talking to herself. The elevator door opens and reveals a woman in her late fifties.

HyeRan smiles towards the old lady. Reorganization hits her. “Hello Mrs. Turner.”

Yvonne smiles too when she recognizes the young doctor. “Hello Dr. Park.” She pressed the close button.

“In your lunch hour now?”

She nodded her head. The elevator stops at 5th floor.

“Hi Yvonne.”

She looks away when JaeJoong smiles at her.

“Hi Jae. How’s YeRin? I hope she still remembers me. It’s been a long time since you drop her with me.” He smiles. “Ri In is always in the house, so YeRin always want to stick with her.”

HyeRan smiles alone when she remembers how the little YeRin already stole her heart with her kindness and cuteness. YeRin is also a bubbly girl compares to her age.

“Tell Ri In to drop by too. I miss YeRin.” JaeJoong and Yvonne then step out from the elevator, HyeRan follows after few seconds.

Just when she wants to turn at the exit, JaeJoong grabs her hand.

“What’s wrong with you?”

HyeRan tries to yank away from him. “Let me go..”

“Tell me what’s wrong and where you are going first, and then I will let you go.”

She shook her head, “no. I don’t want to. Let go of me.”

JaeJoong doesn’t want to cause a scene there, right in the lobby. He let go of her hand. “Can you please tell me why you suddenly like this?”

HyeRan looks at him. “You almost hit me twice you know!” she stabs his well build chest with her tiny finger.

JaeJoong rubs his chest after HyeRan finishes her stabbing. “I did not. It was only one time. And it was an accident.”

“Yeah right.” She rolls her eyes.

“Seriously. Okay, tell me, when was the second one?”

“Right in front of there.” she points to the place where JaeJoong almost hit her when she arrived here on her first day. She actually wanted to cross the road, but his car was coming at her at such a high speed.

JaeJoong seems to have the same incident replied in his mind, he widened his eyes. “It was you?”

HyeRan glares at him.

He chuckled. “I’m sorry. Sincerely am sorry.” He pinched his throat skin. “I was rushing on that day. To pick up someone.”

“Pick up whom?”

He pinched her nose, “just someone. Not someone you knew.”

“okay.” She pouts.

At that time, JaeJoong swears, he just thinks she is extremely cute.

“Okay, I’m going. Bye.”

She just makes her first step when suddenly someone grabs her ponytail. “Where are you going?” JaeJoong smiled when he released his grip and angry HyeRan turns at him.

“To Kris.”

JaeJoong nodded his head. “I want to go there too. Come.”

With that, he drags her away.

 

 

 

“Yes miss. What would you like to have?” the worker in Kris’s café smiles towards JaeJoong although her words aim towards HyeRan.

JaeJoong nudged HyeRan, feeling uncomfortable with the stares coming from the worker.

HyeRan smiles playfully, she linked her arm with JaeJoong. “Dear, what do you want to have?” The female worker in front of her smirked when JaeJoong doesn’t give her the respond.

HyeRan nearly put away her arm when suddenly she gasped, feeling someone arm – JaeJoong’s to be exact around her waist.

“Don’t you have a couple meal or what?”

She smiled when they both manages to make the female worker frowning while pressing some buttons on the screen.

They both look at each other and silently chuckled.

 

 

 

YeonHee walks out from the doctor room and sits at one of the seat available there. YooChun had warned her to have their lunch together. So now, she is waiting for her husband to come.

Sighed, she look at a soon to be mother caressing her big bulge stomach. Her face is glowing with happiness, YeonHee then stares at her flat stomach.

“Any happy news?”

YooChun voice shocked her. She looks at her husband. “You look tired.”

He smiled, “I’m always tired when I come here. Come, let’s have lunch together. We didn’t have one together for ages. It’s always you busy, I’m busy.”

He hands out his right hand, YeonHee smiles before accepted his hand. They both walk out together from the hospital and walk to YooChun car.

Just when she got into the passenger seat, she receives a text message.

 

 

To: YeonHee

          I have a niece or a nephew?

                                              From: Queen JiHye

 

 

She didn’t reply the message. “Where do you want to eat?” YooChun asked while starting up the engine.

“Anywhere is fine with me.”

“How about we try the newly open Thai restaurant near my office?”

“You know I will say no to Thai food.” YeonHee beamed.

“I know.” He received a squeezed from his wife.

 

 

 

JiHye frowns when she glanced at the clock on her desk, beside her laptop. “YeonHee never not reply my message. What happen?”

She rolls her drawing and put it back into the case. “Well, it’s lunch already. You really need to take care of yourself, Wang JiHye.”

She grabs her handbag and her cardigan. She walks out from her office and stops at her receptionist. “Pauline, I’m going to lunch now. Need anything?”

Pauline shook her head, “it’s okay miss Wang, I already filled my belly here.” She pats her stomach. JiHye laughed.

“Alright alright.” She pushed the glass door. “Bye.”

“Bye.” Pauline replied.

 

 

 

For the first week after ‘the wedding’, YunHo is showing to everyone that he is in okay state. He works like a normal guy does, he keep up with his meal, he visited ChangMin once in a while when he is town, just assumes that he is living as the normal Jung YunHo.

Only, that happens in the morning. During night, he always buried himself with alcoholic drinks. He already visited almost all the night clubs available in Seoul. In the morning, HyeRan image didn’t bother him at all as he always buried himself with all the works. However, when the moon is up and the stars start to blinking, the image of the girl whom he loves so much starts to appears. Everything he does, will always remind him of her.

His unhealthy late night activities quickly smell by his dad. As a father, he is always monitoring YunHo work performance and his life performance too. At first, he thought YunHo is accepting the fact and handle the situation quite good. But when one day he caught him going back in a drunken state, he right away knows, the daylight YunHo is not himself. His son is crying in the inside to be honest.

Mr. Jung glanced at the clock on the wall. “It’s already 3 in the morning.” Just like on cue, he heard jiggling key sound outside of his house. “He’s here.”

Mr. Jung stands up and opens the door. The drunken YunHo quickly smiled when he saw his dad. “anneyong haseyo appa..” he bows and caused his head to bumped the wall. “aww!!!” he rubbed his head.

YunHo’s dad helps him walks to the couch and Mr. Jung threw YunHo on the couch. “You got to stop this.” He said while taking off his shoes.

“appa..” YunHo said above whisper.

YunHo didn’t know, but Mr. Jung is already crying inside. He feels so sad when he saw his only son is destroying himself like this over a girl. A girl that he loves so much and it’s the same feeling from the girl. And who is the one separating them? His wife and him.

“YunHo, don’t drink anymore.” Mr. Jung brings the blanket for him. YunHo chuckled, “I can’t appa. I keep on missing her.”

“Then why you don’t search for her?”

YunHo silenced and a tear escaped his right eyes. “She doesn’t let me to.”

Mr. Jung smiled and leaned to the couch, he is sitting on the floor, while YunHo face is at his head. “Well, you don’t give up on her when she avoids you.”

YunHo chuckled, “that’s because I know she loves me. In fact appa, we love each other since high school.”

His dad seems shocked with the news he got. “Really? Why don’t you tell me what happen?”

YunHo sits up and plopped down besides his dad.

“When I first saw her appa..” he’s hiccup. “I thought she is so cute. With that petite body and milky skin. She is so cute.”

Mr. Jung nodded his head.

“And then we have a small fight. She was like sooooo hate me and I don’t even know why.” He chuckled when the incident where HyeRan keep ignoring him on their early days after knowing each other.

“Things turns to better when I discovered we read the same manga. It’s really rare to see a girl reading that type of manga.” Mr. Jung let YunHo rest his head on his shoulder. “We keep exchanging notes and only ChangMin knew about this. Later, small sized notes turns to A4 sized letter. She always making jokes with me and keep teasing me.” They both smiled.

“Until one day, I asked her out. To see the sunrise together when I got the news that we are going to moved here.”

Mr. Jung pats his arm. “What happen? Did she show up?”

YunHo shook his head. “His parent got killed by two robbers. She forgot about me. No, I didn’t blame her on that. Of course she has to settle her parent problem first before going to me.”

 “How about her?”

“ I don’t know what exactly happened that day. 14 years passed and I met her. But we don’t recognize each other. After some days, I knew it from ChangMin, she lose her memory. That’s when we all know, she was adopted by Park Family.”

“And from there, things got awful after your mom wants you to married ShinHye.”

YunHo cries, “appa. I love her so much. I want to see her so much. Help me appa..” he buried his face on the crook of his dad neck.

“We will find her someday. Someday son, someday.”

 

 

Without they knew about it, Mrs. Jung already heard everything from A to Z. and now, she silently cries on the stairs while hitting her own chest, blaming herself on what happen to her only son.

 

 

JaeJoong grabs his jacket and makes his step to HyeRan office. He also brings two cup of warm coffee. “I bet she is stressing out with all the moms.”

JaeJoong puts her in the Obstetrician department as turns out the department lacks of female doctor. He told JunSu few days ago, but his dearest little brother totally stabs him with his words, “you just don’t want HyeRan meet with single man. Or touches their body part.”

KNOCK KNOCK

“Come in.” HyeRan said while typing a report on the computer.

“Hey.” JaeJoong greets while closing back the door with his leg. HyeRan stops typing and smiles, “you are the same with your brother. Always meet me with a cup of coffee.” She complained yet still takes it from JaeJoong.

“How’s your first day?”

She shook her head, “just a simple maternity checkup. I still don’t have the enough hours’ of working time to deliver a baby.”

JaeJoong nodded his head, “you need at least half a year working time to be able deliver a baby.”

She nodded her head too. “I know. So, doing some reports and some checkup is my only job now.”

“Hey, want to go back together?”

HyeRan shook her head, “I need to cover up Dr. Banks. She still hasn’t come back from the seminar.”

“Alright then. Take care.” JaeJoong stands up. Ready to leave.

“See you later.”

“See you at home.” JaeJoong said.

 

 

 

At 2.30 in the morning sharp, HyeRan presses the elevator button. She went inside when the elevator door opens. Just when the door starts to close, a hand suddenly is sticking inside the elevator, preventing the door to close.

“Ah!” she yells when she saw the hand.

The door re-opens and she immediately saw a man enters the elevator. Her backups a few steps since the tall man is scaring her.

“Long time no see neighbor.”

HyeRan looks up, “KRIS!!!!”

She went forward and hugs him. Kris smiles and hugs her back; he has to bend down his body a little bit to be able hugging this petite woman.

“Where did you go?” HyeRan let go of him after realizing she accidentally hugs him. Kris saw her shocked face. He went forward and pressed the button, 23 and 24

“Take care of some family matters.”

She nodded her head. Later, she feels a hand on her head. She looks up. “What are you doing?”

 “nothing.” I miss you.

 

 

 

Author’s note: hi!! *waves* I wrote this chapter just to tell the readers how their ordinary days goes by. So, this chapter is so boring. I’m sorry. Neeeways, comments okay! Thanks!

 


 

 

@nizzyool: instead of heartbroken, he will scores himself a new love. Keep reading!!

@laishayano: I don’t think YunHo giving up on her on this chapter. :D