Birthday Boy

Birthday Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

           birthday  boy

 

"So… any plans for tomorrow?" Kevin questioned, stirring his whip cream-topped hot chocolate. You and Kevin had just started dating a couple of months ago and now you were on your coffee date together that you had both managed to find time for.

"Plans? Tomorrow? Not really," you replied nonchalantly, knowing what he was hinting at.

"What's the date again? Saturday? Sunday?" he asked. You had to admit; his acting skills were pretty darn good.

"Saturday. November 24th," you said, pretending to check the calendar on your phone even though you already knew the date. Just then, you received a text from Eli, a best friend you and Kevin have known since preschool.

Eli: Everyone's RSVP'd?

You: Yep. All five of them.

Eli: Funny. Anyways, ready to party tomorrow? Kevin's gonna be so surprised.

"Oh. Well maybe if you're free, we can get together tomorrow night."

You glanced at your phone you had just put down on the table.

"Sorry, I actually have something planned with my friend. I just remembered, sorry." You looked at his disappointed face and felt a pang of guilt.

"Is it someone we both know?"

"Yeah, it's Eli actually."

"Eli? You're spending time with Eli?"

"Yeah… what's wrong with that?" you asked innocently.

"Nothing. It's just that maybe you'd want to spend time with your boyfriend on a Sunday night."

"C'mon Kevin. You're not going to be jealous now are you? Eli's our best friend."

"You know what, fine. I don't care," he said softly. He stood up slowly. "I have to go. I'll talk to you later." With that, he picked up his coffee and walked out, letting the cold air in through the open door.

You shivered with the lack of heat and also the guilt. Walking home, you unlocked your phone and called up Eli.

"What's up?" he answered.

"I feel bad."

"Care to explain?"

"I told Kevin I couldn't hangout with him tomorrow night cuz I'm hanging out with you and now he's all jealous and upset on the night before his birthday." You shoved your hand in your pocket, searching for some gloves to protect your icy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter