Goodbye

Good Friends!

"We got up from our chairs. "Taemin-ah. Let's go." I nudge the arm that held his spoon. He gave an annoyed wince to my gesture, but then dropped his expression, "I'm not going."

"Taeminnie," Changmin called by the door.  "We're transferring out of the school today anyway. What's the point of going?!" Taemin munched his cereal. "Well- It's our last day. Don't you want to say bye to your friends?" I tried to give some motivation.

He smirked, "What friends?" his fiery eyes lowered calmly, suddenly looking sad.

Changmin and I looked at each other, defeated by our younger brother, "Fine. Stay if you want." I got my bag by the wall and walked to the door. "He better not be like this when we go to Korea..." Changmin muttered. "Oh, Taemin. You're staying? Great! My husband and I have to run errands today. You can babysit our kids, right? That way we don't have to pay for a nanny," Mrs.Woo approached the table from down the stairs. Taemin sipped what was left in his bowl and stood up, "W-Who said I was staying?" he ran, following behind us with his bag. 

I smirked as Taemin followed me out the door. "See you, Mrs. Woo!"  We took Mrs. Woo's car to school. It wasn't the everyday feeling of going to school in the morning. It felt different. This is the last day we're ever going to school here. "Have you told Amanda yet?" Taemin turned his head to me from the front seat. "How would I? We just got the news this morning." Taemin just shrugged, "I don't know. You guys text each other pretty fast." 

"Amanda's probably going to hide in one of our luggages. She's gonna freak out when she finds out her best friend is going to the K-pop motherland," Changmin laughed. "Oh yeah! -And how about that Chinese guy that follows around? J-Jason?" 

"-Jackson, you mean?" Oh gosh. Taemin laughed, "Yeah, him. You're gonna break his heart into little pieces when you give him the news." 

"Or maybe he'll sneek into our luggage too," Changmin added. Taemin and Changmin had a laugh fest in the front seats. I sighed with my head to the window. "What are you going to tell Anna?" I asked. Changmin didn't laugh anymore and frowned. I didn't mean to get back at him, I was serious. How is he going to break the news that he's moving to his girlfriend? Changmin just slapped one of his hands on the wheel. "I have no idea." 

------------------------------------------------------

_png_render__after_school_s_raina__72_by Amanda.

When we got to school, I wanted to treat it like a normal, regular day. Third period, before lunch was when I had a class with Amanda. "What's wrong? Why do you look so sad?" and "Is there something you have to say to me?" was all that she said throughout the period. "Just wait. I'll tell you later." was all I replied to her, and I left an anxious Amanda waiting until lunch. 

==================

"YOU'RE MOVING WHERE?!" Amanda shouted out at lunch table. "Sit back down, Amanda! People are staring!" I whispered loudly. She looked around awakwardly at all the eyes that stared at her and sat down. "Lucky..." she stabbed the lettuce on her plate whining. "I wanna gooo!!"  I smirked,"Go ahead and feel free to take my place!"

She looked at me with wide eyes, "ARE YOU SERIOUS?? You're going to Hallyu Paradise! If you want to trade places with me, let's do it." she threw her fist to the table.  

"What's for lunch Mushroom-head?" I looked over a few tables. Amanda's and my expression changed when we saw the scene, "Your brother's being picked on again?" Amanda said with sad eyes. "Leave me alone..." Taemin tried to walk away, but the big kid forcefully pulled his backpack back. "How do you say, Chop Suey where you're from, Mushroom? Was it your ancestors that invented it?" Taemin didn't reply and looked down in fear. The big kid and his friends attempted to say 'chop suey' in their best "Asian" accent. "Chop Suey was invented in America, Stupid," Amanda said as if he could hear her.

The big kid took a bite of Taemin's sandwich on his tray and threw it back. "Aye, Jimmie," the big kid called one of his friends behind him. "Whuddup?"

"You know, I hate mushrooms in my chop suey." he roughly shook Taemin's hair and pushed his head down. His friends looked at each other confused. "Oh yeah? So...what?" Jimmie replied. "Maybe we can dye this kid's hair orange and call him, Carrot Top!"  the kid and his group laughed hysterically.

"Your brother must be happy that you guys are moving," Amanda said. I nodded, "He is, actually. Hopefully, the students are nicer at our new school and he'll make some friends." I sighed. It hurt to watch my brother like this. The guy slapped Taemin's lunch tray to the floor and pushed him against the wall. It made me jump up from my chair.

"Consider our advice, Mushroom-head!" he laughed and left with his group. Taemin looked defeated, like a beaten puppy. He looked to the floor, rushing passed us. "Taemin-"

"Leave me alone, Jess," he mumbled and walked out the door. I got up, but Amanda held my arm down. "Just let him be, Jess." I sat back down and watched my little brother through the open doors. I knew Taemin didn't like when I tried to help him, but I can't just let my little brother be picked on like this. I was glad to see Changmin catching up to him in the courtyard. 

"What's good, ladies~?" Jackson walked in smoothly in front of us. Mark, Jackson's friend quietly followed behind him. They placed their trays on our table and sat across from us. "Hey Jackson,"  I replied. "Hey~My J-Girl lookin' beautiful as always," he eyed me with a side-grin, taking a bite of his apple. "Amanda," he added, with a plain glance at her.

tumblr_n24gp4B2XY1tp5z23o2_500.pngJackson.

She rolled her eyes at Jackson, "Hi Mark!" She said to Jackson's quiet friend with a happier expression. "Hey Mark," I greeted him too. Not that many people talked to him besides Jackson. Mark was looking down at his tray, but looked over when he heard us call his name, looking a tad surprised. He looked at us for a split-second and immediately dropped his head. "H-h-hi," he barely said. Mark was always shy talking to other people.  Amanda didn't bother to greet Jackson, which made me giggle.

"So," Jackson begun. "What's on the agenda today, girls? Wanna catch a movie later? I hear that new Angelina Jolie movie is out. Or maybe we can get some tacos...Oh yeah, Mark! We have that Martial Arts Showcase tonight!" they high-fived each other excited.

"So what do you say, Jessica? Can you come tonight?" he sprinkled his words sweetly. It was obvious that that was all that he wanted to say. "You could have just gone straight to the point," Amanda muttered, munching her salad.

  "-And you can bring your friend...." Amanda glared at him. "...I guess," Jackson added, giving a digusted look at her. "She can't! Jessica and I are going to the spa to get pedicures later," she yelled at his face. 

"Geez, Mark. What's with girls and their feet these days?" Jackson turned to his friend. "N-NO OFFENSE TO YOU, JESSICA, BUT, YOU KNOW, I'M JUST SAYING...-" Mark just shrugged. 

"Shut up, Jackson. The whole cafeteria doesn't need to hear what your saying..." Amanda muttered, whiping her hands with a napkin. "-And neither do I..."

"C-Can you guys just go t-tomorrow?" Mark asked softly. I hesitated for a moment. It was hard to break the news to them, especially if I'm talking to a soft puppy like Mark. "We can't. I mean- I can't, tomorrow," I begun. 

"Well, why not?" I was a little surprised that Mark was able to look into my eyes, and he was probably surprised too. "Yeah, why not?!" Jackson repeated louder. "She's moving to Korea tonight," Amanda said for me. She didn't look too happy about it, but hid it when she looked down.  Jackson threw his hands on the table and stood, "YOU'RE MOVING?!!" I just nodded.

"Why?" Jackson asked in a more depressed tone. His change in expression saddened me. "Remember? Jess' mom...she passed away a week ago. Now her brothers and her have to move in with their dad. They're flying to Seoul already tonight," Amanda knew when to speak for me. I liked that, and I'll miss it too.

"Tonight! You were already gone for like, two weeks! This is the only time we can see you..." Jackson whined.

"-I know!" he yelled, which scared all three of us. "Let's show our routine now!" he already got out of his chair. "N-Now?!" Mark exclaimed, nervously. "Yeah, now. Didn't you hear what I said?" he pushed some chairs and tables out of the way.

"Okay.." Jackson rubbed his hands together. Mark gave Jackson a scared, but curious look as he turned his body to watch him. Jackson flipped, but his hat flew and hit the janitor's head.

 tumblr_n4b1mk9aLa1s6v2q7o1_500.gif

The old man cursed out to the cafeteria, holding his forehead. As soon as Jackson noticed, he apoligized. "Oh, I'm sorry, Sir." he walked up to the janitor. "You dang kids..." he snarled and pushed the janitor cart grumpily with a red bruise on his forehead. 

Jackson and other students around us that watched laughed it off. "Ahhh...That was awesome, Dude!" Mark gave Jackson a high-five. "Jackson, what's that pink thing on the back of your pants?" I asked, hoping it wasn't what I thought it was. "What?" Jackson turned to look behind him, "Dang it. I ripped my pants!" he took Mark's jacket off the chair and tied it around his waist to cover his backside.

"Okay! Mark, it's your turn," Jackson said, shaking Mark's shoulder. "M-Me?" he looked around the cafeteria. "I can't. We're in the cafeteria. W-What if a teacher sees us?? People are beginning to stare..." 

Jackson didn't seem to notice Mark's shyness, "Good. We have a bigger audience!" Jackson walked away and did a handstand. It seemed like he already forgot that his pants ripped. Mark turned to us with scared eyes, "Do I have to??" 

"What are you going to do?" I asked. He shrugged, "J-Just a barahni flip over Jackson's handstand." 

"Even though I don't know what a barahni is, I kinda want to see you do that," I told him. "R-Really?" Mark almost smiled. "Yeah. Go Mark!" Amanda cheered. "Oh-Okay..." Mark smiled now, running behind Jackson.

tumblr_n23ohsQv7S1qijeudo1_500.gif

The cafeteria applauded, or at least, we did and a few other tables around us. "Go Mark!" we cheered. Mark smiled when he came back to the table. "How about me?!" Jackson asked. "Eh...You were alright" I jokingly giggled and punched his shoulder. "Man, I'm stoked for the showcase tonight. I wish I could have done my whole routine. A Btwist, C900-Hook, Aerial, BS1260 , Hook > Cart Double Full > Double Cork and then, Chop Punch.

"No way?! You need to show me when we get to the dojo later on!" Jackson shook his best friend. Amanda and I looked at each other, confused.

The bell rang. Lunch was over. "Nooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Jackson yelled. "I'm going to miss you!" Jackson hugged me tightly and picked me up. "Jackson. Let go," I barely said. "I can't..." he cried. "I CAN'T BREATHE!" I choked. He let me go, "Oh, sorry," he laughed.

I walked to Jackson's friend, "Bye Mark," I hugged him. I was going to miss him too, even though I never really talked to him. "Bye, Jessica," he replied like a whisper. 

"I can't believe you're leaving me Jessica Sooyeon Jung!" Jackson yelled to the ceiling I saw him tearing up. Knowing the kind of guy he is, I couldn't tell if he was trying to make me laugh or not.  Jackson wiped his tears and walked towards me and held my hands, "And before you leave, there is something that I have been waiting to tell you...I love you."

Amanda seemed more shocked than I was, "Love you?! I thought you guys were gay!" 

"WHAT?!" Mark and Jackson exclaimed.

IMG_8161.GIF

"WE ARE NOT GAY!!"

tumblr_inline_n6sakiz0n31sowyh3.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school, I caught up with Amanda in the parking lot. "Hey, Sica-chu!" I turned around to see Jackson and Mark by their car, they were on the other side of the parking lot. "Stay safe and don't forget about us and visit Cali some time! The gang's gotta meet up before college!" 

I waved at them, "Don't worry, I promise!" 

"Bye Jessica!!" Mark yelled. "WE LUV YEW!!" they both made a heart together over their heads with their arms. "Love you guys, too," Like friends, though. I made a heart with my arms and threw it at them. "Good luck at the showcase tonight! -And don't rip your pants again!"

"I won't! I'll be wearing my stretchy pants! -And thanks!" We both waved our last goodbyes. After that, I got into Amanda's car.

"-Jessica!" Jackson yelled before I shut the door. I popped my head out of the car. 

"Watch out for those Korean men too! You know how they are in those dramas." He wasn't yelling, but his talking voice could be heard all the way to New York. He made me laugh again, "No worries."

"Besides, you seem to be the girl who goes for those Chinese men. Ya know what I mean. Wild and y... like me," Jackson winked. I smirked, rolling my eyes at him. I'm going to miss that "charming" Jackson.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Amanda handed me her phone. The ladies were massaging our feet at the nail salon now. This was one of our usual spots where we hung out every weekend. "Kwon BoA, Kim HyunJoong, G-Dragon, Lee Minho...PSY?"  You haven't heard of any of these K-Pop idols or actors before?"

"Lee Minho? Lee Minho?!" the ladies who painted our nails repeated with accents. "I know, I know!" they put their thumbs up.  Amanda and I have visited this salon every week for about two years and this was the first time I understood a thing that they said. "See! Even they know about K-drama! You better catch up before you land in 'the motherland,'" she almost sang. I scrolled through her infinite anounts of  pictures of Korean idols in her photo library. She wanted me to remember the faces just in case I happen to bump into one of them...

"There's too many!" I whined, giving her phone back. She turned her cellphone around and threw her arm in front of me to see a shirtless man on her case. "You have to know my baebae's name!"

k-pop_2pm__s_taecyeon_fans_1_samsung_gal

"It's Taecyeon," I said. Her face glowed to a smile, surprised that I actually knew something, "See! You know at least one Korean idol!"

"No, I just read the name on your case."

Amanda turned her phone around, "Shoot." She took my phone from the small table in between us. The Chinese ladies who worked at the salon would talk to each other with smirks and yell across the room to another lady. It made me uncomfortable when they gave glances at us, but I tried not to mind it so much.

Knowing my password without me telling her, Amanda was able to get to my notes with no problem. She rushed her thumbs, typing large paragraphs in seconds. "What are you typing??"

"Just some K-Dramas you should watch on the plane. Oh yeah! I'll put down some K-Pop groups and songs you should listen to, too! Have you heard of even Super Junior's Sorry, Sorry??" 

"Wha-" Amanda played the song on Youtube, singing along to it, "Sorry sorry sorry sorry! Nika-nika-nika-muka-nika-bajwo-bajwo-bullyeo-BABY!" The ladies who painted our nails gave Amanda a crazy look. "Oh! I'm sorry! Sorry!" she told them. "Oh, hey!" she laughed, noticing what she did there. Amanda was the only one laughing.

"What were you saying?" I asked roughly. "Aren't you the one who's suppose to understand Korean? You're Korean, aren't you?" Amanda jokingly raised her eyebrow at me. I laughed at what she said, "You're Korean too!! Shouldn't you be able to pronounce it?"

"Ah~Korean? You?" the lady who painted Amanda's toenails asked in a thick Chinese accent, pointing at both of us. We awkwardly nodded, "Um...yes."

"Oh. Okay! Okay! Good!" she nodded. The lady spoke to the other lady in Chinese next to her who did my nails. She seemed to look relieved for whatever she said, and held her chest. They both laughed very loud again. The two Chinese ladies spoke to each other, occasionally laughing and hitting each other for something funny they said and looked at us. They made us quiet down. "I wonder what they're talking about..." Amanda said in a low tone. "What if they're talking about us..."

After a while at the salon, Amanda's nails were already dry and we waited for mine to dry for a couple of minutes. "I'm hungry...I want to go to Korean BBQ," she whined. Korean BBQ. I wasn't surprised. "Hurry up. I'm craving sangyeopsal or maybe some jjajangmyeon sound yummy right now!" Those were the most Korean-est words I've ever heard her say. "Hey~I didn't know you knew sangyeopsal and jjajangmyeon," I grinned.

"Hey! I know a few words. I'm Korean after all," she said proudly. "I only know those foods because it was all we ate when my family went to Korea for a month. Gosh, I wish my parents knew how to cook at least one Asian dish. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even know what kimchi is," Amanda laughed. "You've been to Korea before?" She never told me that. "Yeah, it was, like, four years ago though. We stayed at my uncle's house in the summer with their kids in Appujeong." 

"I used to live in Appujeong!" Small world, I thought. Small world. "What?!" Amanda laughed.  

The door next to us rang as two big people came in for an appointment. "Hey, Dao-Ming! I'm ready for my wax!" the big lady said. She followed one of the workers into another room for waxing. "You wait here, Arnold!" she yelled at her big son. "And don't do anything stupid!"

"Yeah, whatever." her big son sat in the chairs on the other side of the door, put on his earphones, and went to sleep. "Jess," Amanda whispered. "Isn't that the guy who bullied your brother earlier?" I looked over, recognizing his face. "Oh, yeah. I think it is."

"He's sleeping...I think it's a good time to get back at him!" she whispered with devious eyes, holding a marker. "What? What if his eyes are just closed and he catches us?!" I wanted to get back at him too, but was afraid of when he wakes up. Amanda ripped a page from a newspaper on the table and crumpled it up. She threw it at his head. Arnold didn't move, but began to snore. "See," Amanda said. "Maybe he didn't feel that..." I replied, scared. Amanda took the whole newspaper roll this time, and threw it at his head. Again, Arnold didn't move. Amanda gave me a look, but I just nodded.

She sighed because I was the only one who held her back from revenge, she took her shoe off and threw at him. Arnold began to move, but didn't wake up. She looked at me again. "Fine." I said.

Amanda clapped and ran to the sleeping big-boy. She drew a mustache on him and wrote, "I LOVE CHOP SUEY" on his forehead in bold letters. "Come on, Jess! Your nails are probably fine now! This is fun!" Amanda called.

"Okay..." I looked around to see if anyone was around, then to the waxing room and then joined Amanda. I took some nail polish from the shelves and painted his nails light blue and pink. 

The sound of a lady speaking Chinese got louder. One of the workers came out of the waxing room to leaving a bucket of wax and waxstrips by the door. We stared at her like deer in headlights, but she didn't even look over at us. Amanda looked over at the wax across the room. "No," I just said. She ran to take some strips. When she came back, she slapped a strip on one of his eyebrows. "Amanda!" I think we're taking this a bit too far.

"Jessica, relax!" Amanda laughed. "Fine, but just one strip!" Amanda ignored me and put one on his head. "Okay. Our work here is done!" Amanda stood up and took a picture of him. "You're so very welcome, Tyler!" she said as her camera made a shutter noise. 

"Amanda!" I giggled, getting my purse. "Let's go before his Mom comes!" 

"Okay! Okay!" she reached for her shoe from behind the chair and quickly ran out the door behind me. We couldn't stop laughing.

 

_____________________________

After we were finished at the salon, we picked up some bubble-tea and Amanda drove me back to Mrs. Woo's house. "I don't know. You've only known her for like, was it two days? She doesn't know me at all. I don't think she'll want a stranger in her house." 

"Mrs.Woo's pretty nice though. She'll let you help us pack," I thought of Mrs. Woo in my head. "-And maybe if you're nice to her, she'll cook you some sangyupsal or jjajangmyeon." My stomach growled just talking about it.  "Oo! Okay!" 

When we arrived at the Woo residence, only my brothers were in the house. "They took their kids for a doctor's appointment," Changmin told us. They packed everything up while we were gone. There wasn't much to pack, since we kept most of the luggage in our car since we came. "Have you guys eaten? Mrs.Woo left us japchae and kimbap for us to eat." Amanda was the first to run to the table. "It's not sangyupsal, but I'll eat it!"

It was just my brother and me by the door now. "Have Taemin, Yoogeun, and you eaten?" I asked first. "I fed Yoogeun earlier. Taemin...he went straight to the couch and slept when we came back from school." I nodded, keeping the one question I wanted to ask in my head for a while.

"So how was Anna? W-When you told her the news?" I was afraid to ask him. His expression didn't look so happy, which made me worried. "I saw Anna with another guy," he said to the door. "She told me she's been talking to him for a while...and was going to break up with me last week, but didn't know how to tell me." he bit his lip, nodding as if all that he said was nonsense. 

I frowned, it wasn't what I expected him to say. I thought maybe she would cry and beg him to stay, but today, the day my brother says goodbye to his girlfriend, is the day he finds out she's cheating on him. I gave Changmin a hug, "I'm sorry, Oppa," It was only times like this when I actually called him, "Oppa".

He let me go, "Don't worry," He shook his head. "She- She wasn't that good of a girlfriend anyway." Changmin walked off. He passed by Amanda and her eyes followed him until he left. I headed back to Amanda by the dining table. "Have I ever told you that your brother is cute?" 

"What?" It was a weak reaction, I felt down after what Changmin told me. "Your brother really tall and handsome. I just noticed he has that idol-look to him."

*[A/N: English names; Max=Changmin, Tyler=Taemin. Family only calls them by their Korean Names.]

"Oh," I didn't feel like saying much. "Hey. You okay? Is your brother, Max, okay too? He looked pretty sad earlier," she asked, passing a bowl of japchae to me. "Um. Yeah, kind of. H-He just broke up with Anna today, so-" Amanda frowned too, "Aww. Poor Maxie...And also Tyler too. I hope he's okay now," she sighed. "Geez. Your brothers must be taking it hard right now. So much stuff is being thrown at you guys at once."

"Tell me about it..." I stuffed food in to my mouth as if it was the only thing that could bring happiness to me. 

 

We still had about three more hours until we can leave to the San Fransisco Airport. Mr. and Mrs. Woo came back with their children from the hospital, Taemin woke up, and we sat next to him on the couch,watching T.V.

"Hey, Jess," Amanda nudged my shoulder and she looked at her phone. "Since you guys are moving to Appujeong, where my cousins live..." she started. "-Just in case you guys happen to go to the same school as her, this is what they looks like." Amanda showed me a picture on her phone. Taemin didn't bother looking, he didn't seem to care. "This is Choi Jinhyuk. He's like twenty-three or something now though, so he should be in college now, so it's not likely for you to see him, but isn't he hot?"

I nodded, "Ehh, not really." Amanda gave me an eye, "Well then..." She zoomed out of his face and zoomed to his younger sister, "That's Jinhyuk's little sister. I think she's about Tyler's age. We were like BEST FRIENDS when I was there. E-Even though we didn't speak the same language, but yeah, she likes K-pop too, so I was able to fangirl with her." Amanda gasped, remembering something, "You know she goes to the school owned by the fathers of two Super Junior members?! Ugh! I wish I was her sometimes!" I couldn't imagine her and Amanda trying to communicate with each other, even Amanda's parents can only speak English!

"But she's a hardcore Eternity-stan, and that's like the girl-group's Memory's rivals. -Well maybe not their rivals, since one's a girl group and the other is a boy boy-group. I think it's their fandoms that are rivals...I don't even know why." Amanda's thought were heading off to another direction. She's doing it again...

"-Or maybe it's just her and me. I'm a Memorbilia and we also argue about who's better....But yeah, besides that, she's pretty cool and nice." Amanda smiled.

I chuckled. "What?" Amanda chuckled too. "Thanks for all of the information, Amanda...Now, what's her name?"

Amanda looked at me blankly, then pushed me, laughing at herself. "Right! I forgot! Her name is Jin-Ri. Choi Jinri."

Taemin gave a harsh and loud sigh, probably thinking that we were annoying. "Hey, Taemin. Did you get the picture that Amanda sent you?" I asked, grinning. "What?" he asked checking his phone. "You should have came with us to the nail salon!" Amanda giggled. "We had lots of fun!"

"AH! WHAT?!" Taemin stood with big eyes. He laughed so loud that Changmin came to the living room to see what was up. Taemin showed his older brother the picture and they both laughed happily. "I love chop suey?!" Changmin read, hiding his laugh under his hand. It was nice seeing my brothers smile again.

______________________________________________

*A/N: Just out of curiousity~Comment if your reading this story....^^

Excuse any spelling errors or grammar errors...I try my best.

-taegyoelf