Sweet Birthday.

Sweet Birthday.

 

“Noona, noona!”

These are the words that I’ll never get used to. But they let me know that he’s always right there behind me.

“What is it Zelo?” I asked trying to look irritated but failing. It just takes one smile to melt my feelings away.

“You know my birthday’s tomorrow, right?”

“Of course, you remind me every day.” I said rolling my eyes and smiling back at him.

“What are you going to give me?” he asked looking like an excited puppy.

“Nothing.” I said looking serious.

“Eh?! Why not?” he whined.

“I don’t have any money Zelo, I’m sorry.”

“Oh… then, ok noona…” he said looking disappointed.

“Don’t worry, I’ll definitely save some money next year.” I said pinching his cheeks leaving red marks…or was he blushing?

“N-noona! I-I gotta go…” he said rubbing his cheeks as he left.

 

Of course I had something for him. I’ll bake a cake as soon as I get home. It’s not something special but he does love my cakes. “Baked with love for me to eat!” he’d always say not leaving a single crumb of cake behind. After long hours of hard work making the best cake I could think of, I caught myself thinking of Zelo and smiling at the thought of him liking my present. I know he sees me as a noona but I’m not sure I can keep treating him like a little brother. Then again, have I ever?

 

“Noona! Daehyun told me you were here. Sorry to keep you waiting.” said Zelo breathing deep.

“Don’t worry, I didn’t wait long.”

“Oh, good.” He smiled making my heart stop and for the first time I felt nervous around Zelo.

Silence filled the room and I didn’t know what to do or say.

“What’s that?” he asked pointing at the small box I was holding.

“A-ah! Right, this…” I quickly opened the box putting it on a near table and the candles.

“Happy Birthday Jun Hong.” I smiled tenderly.

“Ah~ as expected of my noona.” He said looking at the perfectly made cake and smiled in disbelief.

“Do you like it?” I asked a bit worried.

He shook his head no.

“I love it.” He said grinning.

“Make a wish, hurry! The candles are melting.” I said.

“I wish for—“

Right then, he gave me the sweetest soft kiss a guy could ever give. Not even the sweetness of my cakes can compare to this.

“Done.” He said blowing off the candles with a huge grin that totally read satisfaction, while I was still processing what happened. I never saw that coming!

“Uhm… well I just came to give you this…” I said nervous.

“Ok, I gotta keep practicing.” He said waving me goodbye.

“You do that…” I got up and started walking away.

“Thank you, noona…” said Zelo in a sweet sincere voice.

Noona… the word ill never get used to, but I suddenly love.