Final - Someday

Yearning

 

Final- Someday

“Someday, we will meet again.”

A soft, light kiss landed on her cheek, and her eyes fluttered open to meet a pair of alluring eyes. “Morning jjong.” He didn’t answer, but his eyes showed clear amusement.

“It’s a beautiful day, yeobu~” She grinned, pecking him on the lips as well. Their light touches made her insides tingle with happiness; she wanted it to last forever.

Their arms were entangled and their fingers intertwined. Eyes locked and a small smile graced their lips.

“Breakfast?” A soft sigh escaped her lips as she climbed out of bed, pulling along a seemingly light Jonghyun. A soft laughter voiced his amusement, and she huffed, pouting.

“Jjong, I know my cooking skills aren’t fabulous,” She looked at him with pleading eyes. “But let’s make it worthwhile and just pretend I can at least cook a simple eggs and bacon set?”

A simple nod made her day. Her light brown curls bounced happily against her shoulders as she skipped over to the stove, preparing the food.

Muscular arms wrapped around her waist, and she giggled, effortlessly flipping the eggs.

“Jjong, don’t bother me while I’m cooking!” Although that was what she said, the minute he released his grip on her, she couldn’t help but frown a little.

“You like me that much?” His soft, deep voice ran through her body and she inwardly shuddered.

“Of course, I love you!” She giggled, giving him a peck on the lips. Spinning around quickly, she flipped the bacon.

“Gosh, I think I’m getting better at this!” She mumbled, hearing a light chuckle from behind me.

“What?!” She demanded.

“You’re so cute, talking to yourself.” He flashed her a toothy grin, and she grinned back, flipping her hair.

“I know I’m cute, that’s why you love me!”

“No I don’t!” She spun around, shocked. “Bwoh?!”

“I love you cause you’re beautiful, y, cute, kind, amazing and what’s more is that you don’t even know how they’re overflowing from you.” Her cheeks heated up visibly, and she whacked him on his chest.

“Ow, my heart hurts.” He pouted as she smiled, blowing him a kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Eek!” She yelped as the Grudge crawled from the bathroom across the floor towards the dude.

“Ohmygod, why did you choose this movie again?!” Jessica screamed, burying her face into his chest. A manly chuckle made his chest vibrate against her face and she made a sad face, still hiding from the TV.

“Let’s watch ‘To The Beautiful You’.” He suggested, and Jessica nodded frantically. Anything to get away from The Grudge.

He stood up, but Jessica grabbed his arms, pulling herself along with him. He didn’t falter and continued to drag her with him, putting in the exclusive disc for ‘To The Beautiful You’.

“Yah, how can a girl like you enroll in an all-boys school?!” Jessica covered her face as she shyly looked up.

“Ekk, how can Sulli do such an embarrassing thing?” Jessica squealed as she walked into the kitchen to cook dinner, Jonghyun trailing like a lost puppy behind her.

“Well, she was casted for her first drama, who wouldn’t be elated and forget sense?” Jonghyun laughed, sitting down at the counter. Jessica slightly smiled, and turned to grab the pan. “Spaghetti?” She asked, taking the little container from the cabinet. No matter what she suggested, he seemed to just meekly nod.

“Ding dong!” Jessica blinked. “Who can it be? Go get it, jjong!” He didn’t move. “Aish, fine, I’ll do it. Stay here honey!” She smiled as she bounced down the aisle towards the door. She found a frowning Krystal staring her down, with Taeyeon behind her.

“Unnie! Why didn’t you call me? You’ve been alone all day!” Krystal mewed, pouting sadly. Jessica glanced back warily. “What? I was with Jonghyun the whole time… I was never alone.” The two girls exchanged looks as they stepped into the apartment. As if they had to relive this scene again.

“Sica, don’t go to the-“

“Jjong! Where did he go?” Jessica’s eyes frantically scanned the room for her boyfriend, but no luck would be able to bring him back.

“Unnie! Jonghyun oppa won’t be back. He couldn’t have been with you today. He’s… He’s not in the right state to meet you. It’s impossible to see him!” Krystal’s stern words faltered as the older sister dropped to her knees, falling limply to the ground in shock.

“What do you mean.. Absurd. Stop lying to me!”

“Sica… Jonghyun is dead! Has been dead for 2 months!” Taeyeon explained exasperatedly. Jessica’s eyes fell into a dark trance, and she weakly got up to the two feet, swaying gently.

“Unnie, we’ll cook-“ Krystal’s word trailed off as the said girl shut the door of her room, with no room for the two girls to come closer.

 Jessica fell into the neatly made sheets covered in Jonghyun’s scent. 

‘He was here, just this morning, just that second ago, lying in bed, sitting on the couch, resting at the counter… He had been here the whole time… How could he just disappear?’

And then, her mind failed to comprehend her confusion, her fears, her pain, as her body sunk deeper into the sheets, emitting tiny sobs filled with agony.

No words were needed to express the hurt she felt, every night, the same thing repeating over and over. The two girls could only sit outside, listen to her cries of pain, listen to her aching heart beat slowly and painfully, bringing her to a state of bliss only through slumber. They sat, however, still with the mindset and knowing fully well, tomorrow was just another calamity in waiting.

-the end-