CHAPTER TWO.

Bad Boy

 

It’s been a week since I found out Kwon Jiyong was getting married.  I decided to plan his wedding.  It’d be unprofessional if I let my personal feelings get in the way.  His fiancé was really pretty and Ri In was right when she said she was a walking goddess.  Jiyong and Dara looked pretty good together.  I hate to admit it but that was the truth.  Just because I’m helping him plan the wedding doesn’t mean I don’t hate him.  To be honest, I hate him.  He wasted five years of my life and I hated him for that.  I will never forgive him but I’ll be as civil as possible.  We only saw each other two other times but we really didn’t talk.  Ri In talked to him while I talked to Dara.
 
From the looks of it, it seems like Dara is unaware of Jiyong’s and my relationship.  I guess that’s a good thing since it won’t be awkward for any of us.  Today the four of us were going over the revenue for the wedding.  Dara wanted the reception at a hotel while Jiyong wanted it at a country club.
 
“But babe… why can’t we have it at the hotel?” Dara whined and pouted at Jiyong.
 
I wanted to barf at the sight in front of me.
 
“Because that’s so generic.  Why can’t we do something different.” Jiyong told her.
 
“But I always dreamt of doing my wedding at a hotel.”
 
“Can’t we just do it at a country club babe?”
 
“No. I want it at a hotel. What do you girls think?” She asked us.
 
“I think it’ll be cool if you do it at a country club.” Ri In answered which made Jiyong smiled.
 
“What about you Haeyoung-ssi?” Dara asked me.
 
“Um, I think you should have it at a hotel.” I told her which made Jiyong frowned.
 
“And why is that?” Jiyong asked.
 
“Country club is overrated.  Plus, doing it at a hotel is so much classier.” I told him. 
 
I can tell that he was getting mad and I just smiled to myself.
 
“I agree with Haeyoung-ssi.” Dara said. “Baby can we do it at a hotel?”
 
“Fine.” He sighed which caused Dara to smiled. “But you have to give me a kiss.”
 
“Fine.” She told him and gave him a kiss.
 
Don’t they realize that there are other people in the room?  I looked over at Ri In and she was rolling her eyes.  After a while, they finally separated and Dara looked over at us.
 
“I’m sorry! I didn’t realize you guys were in the room.” 
 
“It’s okay. Since you guys decided where to do the reception just leave the rest to us.” I told her.
 
“Really? There’s nothing else I should do regarding the reception?” Dara asked me.
 
“There isn’t for now. Later on, I’ll just need the details on how you want it to look like.” I told her.
 
“Ah I see. Okay.” She smiled at me. “No wonder why you’re the best planner in Korea.”
 
“Thank you. Well let’s call it a day. I have other clients to attend.” I told her.
 
“Okay. Thanks a lot Haeyoung-ssi and Ri In-ssi.” Dara told us and got up along with Jiyong.
 
“Thank you for your hard work girls.  By the end of all this, you will be compensated.” Jiyong told us.
 
. . If I had a gun right now, I would shoot a bullet to your head and to your heart.  You heartless bastard.
 
We didn’t say anything and just bowed to them and they left the room.
 
“What a ! We will be compensated?!” Ri In fumed. “What did you even see him in the first place?! I can’t believe you dated him and for five years!”
 
I didn’t say anything and just smiled sadly at her.  Jiyong wasn’t always like this.  He was once sweet and very considerate.  I guess this is who he really is.  He’s no longer the Kwon Jiyong I fell in love with.
 
“I’m hungry. Let’s go eat.” I finally spoke up.
 
“I thought we had other clients to meet up with.” Ri In said.
 
“I lied. I didn’t want to keep planning with them. Two hours was enough.” I told her.
 
“Two hours was too long!” Ri In whined.  “Let’s just meet with them an hour every meeting!”
 
“We can’t do that. You know we can’t. Let’s go eat!” I told her.
 
“I’m sorry. Not today. My parents wants me to come over and eat with them. You want to join us?” 
 
“It’s okay. I’ll just grab something on the way home.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“Yeah.” I smiled at her and got my things and left the office. 
 
I decided to go eat black bean noodles and headed towards a place near my apartment.  This place brought back a lot of memories.  Jiyong and I often went here back in the days.  Wait. Why the hell am I even thinking of him?! I’m over him and I hate him. I shouldn’t even be thinking of that douche bag!  I slapped my forehead to warn my brain not to think of him anymore.
 
“What did your brain do now for you to punish it?  What did it think of?” I heard a familiar voice and looked up to see Jiyong.
 
I didn’t say anything and just gave him a blank face and I heard him laughing.  Why the hell is this even laughing?
 
“That answers my question if you’re mad at me.  You must really hate me huh?” He asked me.
 
Again. I didn’t say anything.
 
“Look I know this is really awkward but I hope we can be professional about it.”
 
Is he expecting me to say something because I don’t want to!
 
“Dara doesn’t know about us and I hope that she’ll never have to find out.  I told her that I was never in any serious relationship and that I’ve never loved anyone.  Please don’t say anything.”
 
He wasn’t in any serious relationship?! He’s never loved anyone before?!  So what we had was nothing?  Was I just some he was with when he needed me?!  I couldn’t help but feel used.  And now I know for sure that I wasted five years of my life for a piece of trash like him.  I got up and took my cup of water and poured in his face.
 
“You .  What? You’ve never been in a serious relationship? You’ve never been in love before?  Thank you for showing me your true colors.  Thank you for making me realize that I wasted five years with a piece of like you.  Now I know that you’re not human. You heartless bastard.  Don’t worry. I won’t tell your precious love about us since it didn’t mean anything to begin with.  Don’t ever talk to me again and show your face less in front of me from now on.  That’s the least you can do for wasting that much years of my life.” I told him before leaving the place.
 
Kwon Jiyong. I’m over you.  I’ll no longer think of you.  Thank you for making me realize that you’re not worth me hurting over you anymore.
 
Jiyong’s POV
 
After Haeyoung’s rant, I left the place and walked towards my car.  I just sat in my car and thought about what Haeyoung just told me.  I know I shouldn’t let what Haeyoung said bother me but it did.  I regret making Haeyoung waste five years of her life.  If I didn’t drag this on, then she would’ve found a nice guy who would love and cherish her.  If I hadn’t done the bet, then Haeyoung would be happy.
 
FLASHBACK
 
SIX YEARS AGO
 
I was sitting in the coffee shop with my four best friends.  We wanted to take a break from all the studying so we decided to hang out and goof around like we always do whenever we’re around each other.
 
“Did you see the girl I brought home with me last week?” Seungri, the youngest from our group, told us.
 
“She was hot! What about her?” Daesung asked.
 
“She may be hot but she was horrible in bed! Worst ever!”
 
“No way.  She was hot. How could she be bad in bed?” TOP, the oldest, asked.
 
“Trust me hyung. She was bad.”
 
“I guess looks can be deceiving.” I told them and they just nodded their heads.
 
“So does that mean the innocent looking ones are the ones that are great in bed?” Seungri asked while eyeing Youngbae.
 
“Yah maknae. Why are you looking at me?” Youngbae spoke up.
 
“Because you look innocent hyung. Wait. You are innocent.” Seungri said which caused us to laugh except for Youngbae.
 
“Whatever. “ Youngbae said while rolling his eyes.
 
“So does that mean she would be great in bed?” TOP asked while pointing to someone.
 
We all turned in that direction and saw a girl.  She looked very innocent and dressed very simple.  She wasn’t one of those ty dressing girl who showed off every part of their body.  She covered up most of her skin and dressed very simple.  She was very pretty.
 
“Hyung?” Seungri called me which snapped me out of my thoughts.
 
“Huh?”
 
“Are you interested in her?” He asked me.
 
“What? Why would I be?”
 
“Because you kept on staring at her!” Seungri teased me.
 
“I-I don’t like her! I was just analyzing her!” 
 
“So it’d be okay if I experiment with her right?” 
 
“Experiment?” I asked him.
 
“Yes to see if she’s great in bed.” Seungri smirked at us.
 
“You can’t do that!” I shouted at him which caused all the guys to be shocked.
 
“Why is that hyung?” Daesung asked me.
 
“B-because I want to!”
 
“And what makes you think she’ll give herself to you? She looks innocent and smart.  I don’t think she’ll be stupid enough to fall for an idiot like you.” Youngbae told me.
 
“I bet you that I can get her into bed!” I told him.
 
“Wah. I smell a bet!” TOP said excitedly.
 
“Fine hyung. How about this? Let’s bet to see if you can get that girl into bed or not.  We’ll give you a month to do it.” Seungri smirked at me.
 
“Deal.” I  smiled at him.
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
That was the first day I met Haeyoung.  Because of that stupid bet our lives were entwined.  It started out as a small bet but who knew it would complicate our lives this much.  It took me exactly a year and a half to get Haeyoung in bed.  But during that year and a half, I genuinely developed feelings for Haeyoung.  I was already attracted to her from the beginning.  She was everything I looked for in a girl.  She was the definition of the perfect girl.  But I didn’t let the guys know that.  The guys all thought I was only with her because of the bet.  Seungri decided to make it even more fun by telling me to make her fall in love with me to the point where she wants to marry me.  And because of my pride, I agreed.
 
Youngbae didn’t agree because he knew of my feelings for Haeyoung.  Youngbae is my best friend and he can read me like a book. He tried to stop me but I didn’t listen to him.  Truth is,  I can tell that she is already in love with me.  But I didn’t say anything because I still wanted to be with her.  I let this thing drag on for three and a half years until I decided that this couldn’t go any longer.  Like I said before, I wasn’t in love with her.  And that’s why I decided to end things with her.
 
Moon Haeyoung. I’m sorry for ruining your life. I’m sorry for making that stupid bet with my friends.  If I hadn’t made that bet, then you would be happily married to the love of your life.  I’m sorry for hurting you.  I really am.  I want you to know that making you waste five years of your life is my biggest regret and I’m sorry.