Kissing Scene

Backstage Pass [Hiatus]

 

After the movies, the days passed by quickly and less and less time were spent with each other. Donghae and Yoona became busier and busier. Donghae was filming his new series and was flying to different countries for their concert. Yoona, on the other hand was always abroad promoting their new songs.

 

As the promotions for Panda and Hedgehog started, Donghae knew that there was bound to be more issues. He had to act as if he was smitten with Yoon Seung Ah As the topic of their kiss in the series approaches, Hae became more and more nervous.

He wasn’t really nervous of the kiss. He was more nervous of how Yoona will react. Or rather, if she does react.

When he first told Yoona about the kiss, it was one of those rare moments when both of them doesn’t have any overseas schedule. They were drinking coffee together at the SNSD dorm. Donghae was reading his script while Yoona browsed through her schedules for the week.

Donghae sort of blurted it out. He sort of said it too casually.

“I’m having a kissing scene,” he said out of the blue. He was lying in bed with Yoona.

“Oh really? That’s cool.” Yoona smiled, but she didn’t even look up from her phone.

“Did you hear what I said?” he held Yoona’s arm.

“Oh what?” she said looking startled. “Of course I did. You have a kissing scene with Seung Ah-unnie.”

Donghae remained silent, waiting for her to show some kind of jealousy or something. But Yoona merely smiled at him.

He went back to reading his script with a pout on his face. The truth was, they really weren’t sure yet if there really will be a kissing scene. They were awaiting his decision. He can refuse if he wanted to, just like in Skip Beat. He wanted to ask Yoona about it, but apparently, she doesn’t even care.

After a while, he felt Yoona push back the covers. He was surprised when Yoona sat on his legs. She was sitting across him, with a smile on her face.

“Are you mad at me?” Yoona said sweetly.

Turning back to his script, “No I’m not.”

“Oppa. It’s just acting right? I don’t think there’s anything for me to worry about. Is there?” Yoona said, scooting closer.

He merely nodded.

“And if I get mad, you’d think its fine to get mad at every kissing scene both of us does.”

“You’re the only one here who has a lot of kissing scenes.”

“But those are just for the show.”

“Yeah sure.” Hae said, looking back at his script. Yoona was still sitting on his legs. After a while, he felt her get up. Without a word, she left the bed and went outside.

“Is she mad at me?” Donghae said to himself. He got up from the bed and went outside. Yoona wasn’t at the living room nor the kitchen.

He was about to go outside when he heard voices coming from a room. As he went closer, he can recognize Sooyoung and Yuri’s voice.

“Just remember. You have to be firm.” Sooyoung said.

“But he’s mad at me.” He can hear the sadness in Yoona’s voice.

“No he isn’t. He’s probably acting mad so that you’d give in.” Yuri said.

“Yea. And remember, if you guys don’t get past this, who knows how he’ll react once you get another drama.” Sooyoung said.

“And don’t worry. We’ll watch the scene with you so you don’t get super sad.” Yuri said.

“We’ll hold your hand if you like.” Yuri snickered. “Now get back there or he’ll start to look for you.”

Donghae ran as fast and as silent as he could. He managed to go back to his previous position before Yoona walked in, bringing in a couple of snacks.

“Where’d you go?” he casually asked.

“I was hungry.” She said looking down. After placing the food by the side table, Yoona went near Donghae. “Are you mad?”

“I’m not.” This time, Donghae looked up and smiled at Yoona. Although he really didn’t understand what the three were talking about, what he was sure of was that Yoona wasn’t THAT indifferent towards his kissing scene than he thought.

Yoona smiled sweetly and leaned in to give Donghae a kiss. When Donghae was leaving for a shoot, Yoona whispered in her ear, “Don’t take too many takes before you get the kiss right, okay? Just get it done and over with.” And with that, she closed the door before he even got to react.