Getting over

Puzzle Pieces

"Good night." Taemin smiled at his little brothers and sisters as he pecked each one of them on their foreheads. 

"Good night Taemin!" Soomi, the 2nd youngest giggled as she threw her arms around Taemin. "Oppa, you sleep well okay?" Taemin patted the little girl's head. 

 

"Of course..." But a sad smile was placed upon his lips. He slolwy stepped in to the parents' room. 

"Umma, good night. I love you." He placed a kiss on her cheek. 

"Well this is rare." his mother murmered and kissed him back. Taemin then walked to his father. 

"Appa, I know you are sleeping but I love you. Thankyou for buying me that math notebook." Taemin slolwy pecked his father's chin and walked out of the room. 

Tommorow, I'm either dead or in Seoul. 

 

Taemin crept out of the house that night. He had worn black clothes and hed a simple bag. 

It contained his first math notebook, a couple of cash, a comb and a picture. 

The picture took the profile of 2 boys. One had shaggy brown hair. the other was Taemin. They both looked happy. 

Now Lee Taemin was close to the borders. 

His heart rushed. Excited, Nervous but chilling. 

 

In two more minutes, the guards were going to change. Taemin had everyhting calculated. 

The letter someone left in his bag 3 years ago had stated that every 12:35 pm, the guards rotated. 

It takes approximately 6 minutes for the guards to march from their cabin to the borders. 

If you want to get over, get over fast. 

 

Taemin watched the guards go by. He then reacted quickly. 

Crawling under the tiny gap they never bothered to fix, Taemin successfully crossed the border. 

 

 

"Umma, I'm so sorry." A tear slipped by his nose as he looked once back at the North side of Korea, where his parents wre sleeping. Where his sisters and brothers were snoring uttering nonsense. Where his friends he had known for 20 years lived. he had just left all of that, to find Jinki. 

 

As he heard the footsteps of the guards, Taemin scrambled up to the South Korean borders. 

 

Tomorrow, he was going to find Jinki. Tomorrow, He would see his smiling face. 

 

Tomorrow, his whole family will be punished. 

Tomorrow, his parents and sibling will be gone-dead. 

 

Taemin walked through the grass. The South side felt a little more warmer than the North. The grass his his calves as he walked. 

It was still dark but the fresh smell of green and grass surrounded him. 

 

He ran. And off he ran to god who knows where. Taemin ran freely, in to the so called wild. 

 

After being tired, he slowed down to a walk. Taking a piece of bread he stole from the pantry, he ate the piece of wheat like a meal. 

 

The early moring bus came to a halt as Taemin rode it. 

"Does it take me to Seoul?" he asked excitedly. The driver nodded. 

Taemin took the picture out of his bag and smiled. the lady next to him smiled as well. 

"To visit an old friend?" She asked. Taemin nodded as the bus rumbled. 

 

The scenery around Taemin changed as buildings appeared and the grass dissapppeared. 

Taemin wondered if Jinki was going to notice him. 

 

Taemin had grown a little taller, lost weight and had muscles. His hair was blonde due to the punishment he got in school for coming to class late. 

 

"Sir, This is Incheon." The man called as Taemin stepped off. Crowds of people surrounded Taemin as he gulped. 

 

*I have to find Jinki. That boy with the shaggy brown hair* 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

 

The bell rang as Jinki slowly got up. 

Ugh, mornings, he hated mornings. He had rehersals, singing practice and had to hug a woman. 

But he loved to sing. 

Someday, when Taemin came for him, he would sing for him. 

 

He walked over to the bathroom, ripping his shirt off his head, he took a shower. 

 

In a few minutes, Jinki was out the door. His hair was in a light shade of brown as his cap kept his face covered. Afterall, Jinki was a famous musical star. 

Going through the crowded Incheon, suddenly, someone had bumped in to him. *Huh?* 

He looked at the boy with the blonde hair. He looked somewhat foregin as he waddled. 

"I'm sorry." His voice was fully accented and it was so familiar... 

"It's fine." Jinki grumbled and pushed his way to the studio. He left the boy, standing. 

 

Taemin was confused. He was so sure that man sounded just like Jinki. he was so sure. But... 

"Should I help you? you seem lost." A tall man gazed down at him. Taemin smiled. 

"Could you let me stay at your place until I find my friend?" Taemin asked. The man nodded. 

 

"Hey, I'm Minho." His gaze fixed on Taemin's shirt as they talked. 

 

Minho was a rich guy. he owned the Gangnam fashion center and a coffee shop. he was also popular with women. 

Taemin was amazed as Minho served him water. 

 

"So, who are you trying to find? Let me see the picture." Minho smiled. 

Taemin nodded and pulled out the selca Jinki had taken years ago. 

 

Minho gasped. 

 

"You know Lee Onew?" His eyes widened. 

Taemin, surprised that this man knew his best friend, nodded. 

 

"He's the number one korean musical star..." 

 

*Musical? what happened to Math?* 

 

The news left Taemin dumbfounded