6 0 S E C O N D S . . .

6 0 S E C O N D S . . .

It was a cool fall morning. The leaves were a rich yellow red, the crisp cool air felt good on your skin and when you breathed out, a white cloud of steam escaped with you lips. Many people had come out to enjoy the nice day, and amongst them was Hoya and his freinds. They had decided to come out to Hongdae to find some entertinment.

"Hoya hyung, can you please look into the future for us?" Sungjong asked sweetly. "You know i can't do that maknae. They come and go as they please." Sungjong crossed his arm over this chest and pouted. "There's no harm in trying hyung."

"I agree with Sungjong. "Sungyeol chimmed in. "We've been walking around Hongdae for almost 2 hours now and there is  NOTHING to do." Hoya sighed and shook his head. "I didn't tell you guys about my gift for your amusment."

"Leave the guy alone." Sunggyu said "He'll tell us about a vision when he gets one. Don't press him." Hoya put a hand on Sunggyu' s shoulder. "Your the only one who understands." From behind, they heard a groan.

"Guys, i'm sooooooo bored!!" Dongwoo swung an arm around Myungsoo's neck. "We need lives." The other 6 nodded their heads in agreement. "Oh My God!" Sungjong squealed excitedly ran up the street. When they finally caught up with him, they saw him looking at a cafe. "Autumn Snow Cafe? What kind of name is that?" Sungjong turned to Sunggyu. "Can we go in Hyung? Pleeaassee?"

"Come on Sungjong!" Woohyun whinned. "Were men! Men go to bars and chat up ladies and drink alcohol. Not to cafe where couples go to have dates and constantly remind the single people, a.k.a. us, that were forever alone." Sungjong and Woohyun began debating while the other 4 stood there and watched in amusment. "This is the most interesting thing that has happened all day." Sungyeol said to Myungsoo. "I know right."

Hoya on the other hand moved towards the large window to observe the interior of the cafe. There were 4 booths, 2 lining each side, and 5 other tables in the middle. What Woohyun said wasn't completely false. There were 2 couples in there acting all lovey-dovey with eachother while the other 4 who were alone sat there uncomfortably. One, however, was too engrossed in her book to notice the awkward atmosphere that engulfed the cafe.

Hoya watched her in facination. She was the most beautiful female that Hoya had ever laid eyes on. She had long dark hair that reached her lower back, even, fair skin, naturally pouty lips, and the most mesmerizing eyes he had ever seen. Every thing she did intrigued him. When she flipped a page in her book, when she took a sip of her drink, hell even when she blinked.

She sighed in content and closed her book. She raised her arms and stretched, letting her eyes wander around the cafe. They stopped when they landed on Hoya, who was still intently staring at her. the moment they locked eyes, a familiar tickling feeling erupted from Hoya's stomach. Everything became hazy and began to blur. Everything but her eyes.

 

Future

 

*60 seconds Hoya. 5 second warning when you minute is up.* That voice spoke to Hoya again. "Arraso arraso. You don't need to remind me every single time. I've been going through this for 22 years." Hoya said to himself. He opened his eyes and observed his surroundings. "Oh? Isn't this that cafe?" Hoya stood there and watched as a young man grabbed something off of a table and ran outside after a woman.

"Miss!" Hoya concluded that the guy that just left was part of her future and followed. Outside, the guy ran to the girl and grabbed that girl's shoulder. The girl spun around and looked at him.

"Can i help you?" The stopped to catch his breath. "You forgot this." He pulled a book out from his back pocket and handed it to her. "Oh!' her eyes widened in recognition. "Thank you." she said bowing. The guy smiled.

"No problem." He awkwardly held out his hand. "I-i'm Howon, but my friends call me Hoya."

*HOYA!?*

She looked at his hand and then back at Future Hoya. She placed her small hand in his and smiled back.

"I'm Eunsol." She glanced down at her watch. "Oh ! I'm late!" Hoya saw himself chuckle at her cute expression. "I have to go! Mianhae and thank you for bringing me my book." Before Hoya could say anything, she bowed and ran off. Future Hoya watched her retreating figure until she disappeared.

"Eunsol huh? It's nice to see you again."

*Wait, what?*

A light wind picked and blew away future Hoya away like sand.

 

I walked ahead as the new scene appeared. It was a snowy night he saw two people walking up the street. Hoya sped walked to catch up with them. He followed until they stopped in front of a small house.

"Well this is my stop." Eunsol said. "thank you Hoya. I had fun tonight." Her eyes were sparkling and the snow made her look angelic.

*What? I'm still in her future?*

Hoya watched as he smiled. "Good.I'm glad you had a nice time. So... will i be seeing you again?" Eunsol nodded. "Sure. Give me your phone." Future Hoya raised his brow. "Wae." She stuck her hand out. "Palli." Hoya shrugged and pulled his phone from his pocket. She eagerly took it and punched in numers.

"There. Call me when you figure out our next date ok?" Hoya looked at her awestruck. "Your very strait forward." Eunsol hissed and face palmed herself.

"Mian." she said nervously. "My friends say that's one of my many flaws."

"Aniya!" Hoya said quickly. "That's what i like about you." Eunsol blushed. "Gomawo." Hoya rubbed his hands together and blew warm air into them. "Well it late and it's getting cold. I'd better go."

"Yeah." She said looking away. "I'll see you next time." i waved and turned to go but stopped when she reached out and grabbed his arm.

"Wait Hoya." She bit her lip as if she were debating with herself. "Here." She got on her tippy toes and wound her grey scarf around his neck. "Night Hoya!" With that, she quickly unlocked the door to her house and stepped in. She closed her door and left him standing there. After a moment, Hoya began to chuckle. He turned and walked in the opposite direction.

 

The scene faded like mist and present Hoya found himself standing outside of Namsan Tower. Future Hoya was standing outside with his hands shoved deep into his pockets. He looked at his watched and then to the both sides of the street.

"Did she forget?" Hoya heard himself say.

"HOYA!" Hoya jerked his head towards the direction of her voice. "HOYA!" she yelled again. She ran up the small hill and stopped in front of Hoya. "H-Hoya, mian-hae-yo. Chin-cha mian-hae!" She said in between pants. "I was at work and i had to work an extra shift because my co-worker had to go home early!" She explained. Hoya crossed his arms over his chest and looked away.

Eunsol peered over his shoulder. "Hoya, chincha mianhae." she said softly. "im sorry that i ruined our date and made you wait 2 hours in the cold like this. I'm sorry that your probably going to catch a cold because of me and im sorry that-" In a flash, Hoya had turned around and cupped Eunsol's face in his hands.

"You don't need to be sorry Eunsol, because you here now." Hoya lowered his face towards her and closed his eyes. The moment their lips touched, Eunsol's lids closed. Fireworks went off in their stomachs, there brains stopped working and they both didn't want it to end. Reluctantly, Hoya pulled away and placed his forehead on hers.

"Pabo." he whispered. "You owe me a date." Eunsol giggled. "Mianhae." She said again.

"Stop saying that." Hoya told her.

"Saying what?"

"Stop saying sorry." He said. "I'm not mad. I'm glad you cam. I thought you forgot about me for a minute there." She laughed again. "Hoya, how could i forget about you?." He chuckled. "I'm serious. I don't want you to say sorry to me anymore."

"Arraso." she said pushing his head away with her finger. He grabbed her hand and put it inside his pocket. "kaja." Eunsol shyly smiled looked away. Present Hoya watched them walk away.

"Man i'm smooth." Hoya said praising himself. He chuckled and his comment and waited for the next scene.

 

Hoya found himself in his own apartment. Future Hoya was sitting on the couch in deep thought.

"What happened here?" Hoya asked himself. He could practically feel the tension radiating off of the future him. A click was heard from the door and Eunsol came in with shopping bags.

"Hoya! I'm here!" she called. She came in and placed the bags in the kitchen. "Hoya! Are you hungry?" She got no answer. Eunsol tilted her head and looked into the living room. "Hoya, did you hear me?"

"No i'm not hungry." Eunsol started giggling. She came over to the couch and sat next to him. "Hoya? Not hungry? Since when?" Hoya turned to look at her with hard eyes. Immediately, worry was visible on her face. "Hoya, what's wrong?" She reached out and put her hand to his forehead but flinched back. "Hoya..."

"Are you cheating on me?"

"Chea- What! What made you think that?" She asked wide eyed.

"You forgot your phone today." He said no looking up. "What does that have to do with anything Hoya." She said sternly.

"You forgot it so i followed you to work. But you didn't go to work. You went to meet a guy at that hotel..." He trailed off and then turned to look at Eunsol. She turned away, avoiding contact with hi eyes.

"H-hoya." she mumbled. He gave a long hard sigh. "I'll ask you again. Are. You. Cheating. On. Me."

"No Hoya. I'm not." Hoya cupped her face and turned her head so that she was looking directly at him. "Then tell me why you went to that hotel with him." She hesitated. "I-I can't."

"Why not." Hoya questioned with sad eyes.

'I just can't. Not yet anyways." Hoya's hands fell to his sides. His shoulders started to shake and small sniffs came from him. "Hoya. Don't cry." Eunsol tilted his chin upwards and wiped his tears away with her thumb.

"Please." he whimpered. "If your cheating on me please tell me. I'll understand." Tears began to build up in Eunsol's eyes. "Hoya, i'm not cheating on you. I swear." He met eyes with Eunsol. "Then why can't you tell me then." Eunsol sniffed and let out a shaky breath.

"i can't tell you Hoya, but i assure you, I'm not cheating on you." she paused and then whispered. "I love you. So so much Hoya. You know i wouldn't do anything to hurt you like that." Hoya gratefully wrapped his arm around her small waist and buried his face into the crook of her neck. "Mianhae Eunsol. I love you too." He devoured her lips and the scene changed yet again.

 

It was dark and raining. Hoya stood outside his apartment and and waited. "Is this going to be another fluffy scene. I get it. I'm in love." The door to the apartment complex opened and Eunsol came out looking beyond furious. "Stupid Hoya." she said loudly. Tears brimmed her eyes and she angrily walked away. She was already half way down the street when future Hoya decided to appear. 

"EUNSOL!" he called franticlly. He began to run down the street. Before present Hoya followed, he watched as another girl came out of the apartment with an evil smirk on her face.

"What did you get yourself into Hoya?" He asked himself. Present Hoya turned and ran after Eunsol and future Hoya. Hoya caught up with future Hoya and saw that Eunsol was in the process if crossing the street.

"EUNSOL-AH!!" Hoya called again. She couldn't hear him because of the rain and kept walking. Without thinking, Hoya recklessly crossed the street, not noticing that he didn't have time to cross. Hoya stopped and yelled her name again.

~BEEP BEEP~

Present Hoya looked over and saw a truck speeding towards future Hoya.

"!" Hoya cursed. The truck braked and tried to stop the rain did not help at all. Eunsol caught sight of the truck and panic over took her anger. Future Hoya, who was too happy to notice the truck, stood there.

~BEEP BEEP~

The truck honked again and this time, Hoya heard it. He stared wide-eyed, paralyzed with fear. He waited for the impact and he got one, just not from the truck. Eunsol had pushed Hoya out of the way and saved him, but in turn was hit instead. Hoya stared at Eunsol wrecked body, unable to comprehend what had just happened. When he finally snapped out of his daze, he quickly rushed over to Eunsol's side.

"EUNSOL! EUNSOL!"he scooped her upper body into his arms and shook her. "Eunsol, please wake up!" Tears streamed down his face. Her eyes slowly opened and looked at him.

"Hoya." she said weakly. "Eunsol! Stay still your going to be alright arraso? Your going to be ok." Hoya looked around and saw the driver of the truck frantically pacing. 

"Ottokaji?! I just hit someone! Oh GOD! I just hit someone!" he mumbled to himself. "YA!" Hoya called to him. "Don't just stand there! Call 119!!" The driver obliged and quickly took out his phone.

"H-hoya." she coughed. "Shhh, don't talk." he said. "Hoya." she said again. "I love you Hoya. Don't- don't forget that, ok?" "No no no no no. Don't say that. You going to be fine." But deep in Hoya's heart he knew she wouldn't. He knew she would be ok, but he refused to believe it. She began to cough. Cough out blood. There sound of sirens could be heard in the distance. Hoya looked in the direction of the sound and a pang of hope hit his chest.

"Y-you hear that Eunsol? The ambulance, it's almost here." He looked down at Eunsol and saw that here eyes were closed. "Eunsol? EUNSOL!" He began to shake and cry. "PALLI!" he yell at the paramedics. "MY GIRLFRIEND IS DYING!"

"Sir, your going to have to step away." one of the medics said calmly. "No." Hoya shook his head. "I'm not leaving her alone."

"But sir, we have to get her onto the gurney. If you don't move, we might not make it in time." The medic tried to reason. Reluctantly, Hoya backed away but the moment that gurney hit the ambulance doors, both Hoya's climbed on with them. Future Hoya grabbed Eunsol's hands and held onto them tightly. He prayed that Eunsol would alright now that they were heading to the hospital. 

~Beep Beep Beeeeeeeeeeeep~

Hoya looked up and then to the medics who were frantically shuffling around the back. "What's happening." Hoya knew exactly what was happening, but hoped that the medics would say something to tell him he was wrong.

"Her hearts giving up." The medic turned to his partner. "Get the defibrillator ready." The other medic calmly prepped the machine while the first one started undressing Eunsol.

"Ya, what are you doing." Hoya asked in alarm. "We need to take off her shirt." he said.

"HELL NO!"

"Don't worry sir, she has a tank top on." Hoya began to relax. The other medic placed the defibrillator on her chest and nodded to her partener.

"Ready and clear." The male medic pulled a switch. Hoya watched as the lifeless body of Eunsol jolted upwards and then back to it's position. The female medics pulled out an oxygen mask and placed it on Eunsol's face while the male medic began to use CPR. 

"Again." the male medic said. They did the process over again twice. "I... I'm sorry but, she's gone." The male medic said.

"No... no no no! EUNSOL! EUNSOL! NO YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME! YOU CAN'T!" Hoya burried his face into his hands. "What am i supposed to do without you?" Hoya prayed. He prayed that she would actually be gone, that she's come back to him.

"Date of death, February 24, 20..."

~Beep...... Beep....... Beep...... Beep Beep Beep~

"It can't be." the female medic said in disbelief. The male medic placed two fingers to Eunsol's neck. "She.. she has a pulse! Impossible!" Hoya's eyes perked up and he looked at Eunsol.

"She's alive?" Hoya asked. The male medic nodded. "She's very much alive."

 

The scene changed once again. It wasn't raining and they were in the hospital. Hoya looked around and saw him sitting next to Eunsol who was peacefully sleeping on the bed.

"Hoya!" The door to the room opened and 6 figures came in. "Your most trusted dongseng is here!" Hoya turned to glare at Sungjong. "Shut up Sungjong! You might wake her up."

"Might i remind you Hoya, Eunsol hasn't woken up for a week." Woohyun said. That earned a slap to the head from Sunggyu. "Why the hell would you say that?!" Sunggyu hissed. "Mian." Woohyun whispered back. Myungsoo stepped forward and handed Hoya a plastic bag. "Mougo (eat)."

"Is Howon here?" A doctor came in with a clip board. "I'm right here." Hoya stood up and walked over to the doctor. "Ah yes. Can i please talk to you-" he glanced over to Infinite and looked back. "-privately?" Hoya nodded and turned to his friends.

"Guys, can you please leave?" Hoya asked. "i need to talk to Dr. Han."

"arraso." Sunggyu said. "Come on guys." The 6 filed out chattering loudly. Hoya shook his head in embarrassment and turned back to the doctor. 

"Well Howon, Me and my staff have estimated that Eunsol should be waking up soon. I would be surprised if-" They turned and stared at Eunsol when they herd a groan come from her direction. Her fingers began to move and Hoya immediately bolted to her side. He grabbed her hand and started talking to her.

"Eunsol-ah, Eunsol. My angel are you awake?" Here eyes fluttered open and adjusted to the light. "Where am i?" she croaked. "You're in the hospital." Hoya said. "Hospital?" She sat up and looked around. "What am i doing here?" Hoya cocked his eyebrow. "You don't remember?" She shook her head. Hoya turned to the doctor and saw that he was scribbling down notes onto his clipboard. 

"Can i ask you something?" Eunsol asked.

"Of course my angel." She glanced at her hands and then back at Hoya. 

"Who are you?"

 

The scene changed again. It was still the same day because future Hoya was still in the same clothes.

"I don't understand." Hoya said. "How can she remember everything BUT me?"

"You see, after we took xrays of her brain, it seems like she damaged the part of her brain that carries short term memory." Dr. Han explained.

~5~

*No, not yet!* present Hoya thought.

"Will she ever remember me?" Hoya asked. "That, i'm not sure of. I'm not sure if she'll ever remember." Dr. Han said regretfully.

~4~

"W-what?" Hoya said in disbelief. "She won't EVER remember me?"

~3~

*Just a little more time!* Hoya begged.

"It's a 1 in 100 chance that's she'll regain her memory."

~2~

"But i love her! She can't forget me" Hoya pleaded. Dr. Han looked away. "I'm sorry Howon."

~1~

"She... forgot about me..."

~0~

 

Present

 

"That's so sad." Sungjong said glumly.

"It's so pitiful." Myungsoo added. Woohyun looked over in Eunsol's direction.

"Ya Hoya, are you sure this is the chick? She's not even that pretty."

"Hey don't talk about my future girlfriend like that!' Hoya snapped. Woohyun rubbed his chin. "Yeah. Hoya will make a good boyfriend." Out of the corner of Hoya's eye, he say Eunsol getting up and putting on her jacket.

"Yah, hyung, isn't that you cue?" Sungyeol whispered. Hoya rose out of his seat. "Yeah. This is me."

"But Hoya! What about the future?" Sunggyu asked with concern. Hoya smiled.

"It's better to have loved her than to have never loved her at all." As Hoya had foreseen, she had left her book on the table. "Now if you'll excuse me boys." Hoya straitened his collar and hurried to the table to grabbed the book.

"WHOO HOYA!" Dongwoo yelled. "GO GET SOME!"

Hoya ran out of the cafe and stuffed her book in his back pocket.

"Miss!" he caught up to her and grabbed her shoulder. She turned to face Hoya and he could have sworn his heart had stopped beating. The way her hair flew, the way she turned, the way the sun reflected on her skin. It all made Hoya feel like he was in heaven.

"Can i help you?" She asked cocking an eye brow. He pulled the book out from behind him and handed it to her. 

"You forgot this."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

   
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tada!!!!!! Soooooo my oneshot is finished!!  i thank my readers for taking the time to read this rookie oneshot. Please tell me what you think in the comments!!

 

 

Gif time!!

(oh how i wish i was her... T-T )

Thank you for reading!!