Next Time

.: D e a d l y :.

Kyung Mi, the weapon and device expert, quickly handed the three of them the neccesary equipment. She passed Ryuka one of her treasured babies, the XM Aria Zero handgun with her agent codename engraved into the side. It was a beautiful yet deadly weapon, the XM Aria Zero. Only one hundred were ever made, and they got passed out to the best assasins in the world in a special ceremony. She was touched she got one, even if she did only come sixteenth in the world (which was a fail, according to IOTSA).

"I've scanned the details and prints of James Park and Kim Jo Min into them," Kyung Mi said briskly, handing them their Epiphany 6000 scan watches (scanner, alerter, finger print detector, person detector, alarm, distraction machine, etc)."So they'll alert you when the opposition are near."

They nodded. Jaejoong, Myungsoo and Ryuka quickly put on their IOTSA arm bands, which clearly showed which assasination school they were from. Ryuka slipped her XM Aria Zero into her sheath belt and reached for her half mask.

When she had finished securing it around her face, she turned to wait for Hero and L. Jaejoong had just finished tying his up and quickly rearranged his light brown hair to it's usual messy (and hot) state.

"Drama queen," Ryuka muttered quietly.

Apparently not quietly enough, because he turned to her with a half smile on that pretty face of his. His light brown eyes glittered from behind his half mask, which added to his charm and mystique.

Ryuka was pretty impressed and added five points for Jaejoong on her attractive mens list.

Myungsoo saw them looking at each other and quickly threw a fake, mini tantrum.

"How come no one looks at me like that!" He complained childishly.

Ryuka rolled her eyes and quickly smacked the side of his head slightly on her way out. Kyung Mi wished them good luck as they filed out. In the dangerous game called 'Assasination', you never knew if you could survive at the end.

As they walked, Jaejoong and Myungsoo found themselves drawn to the attractive way Ryuka walked. Which lead them to do a full once over on her, from the tip of her lustrous hair to the heel of her double buckle boots. She was wearing skinny PVC pants (which was one of the items compulsory on the uniform list) which made her long legs even longer.

Ryuka turned, caught them staring and smirked knowingly.

"Enjoy it while it lasts, s." She stated.

Jaejoong chuckled while L looked away, embarrassed.

Theodore, the driver, tipped his black hat at them when they reached the entrance. He was expressionless as always as he ushered them into the modern black SUV.

He climbed into the driver's seat and the SUV purred to life. Theodore scanned his fingerprint at the entrance and they passed through easily.

Ryuka found herself thinking of Kikwang and his smiles unconsciously as she stared out the tinted windows.

 

~

"I'll be waiting here when you're done," Theodore said monotonously.

Ryuka, Jaejoong and Myungsoo nodded and slid quietly down the grassy hill. They walked stealthily along the riverbank. While Hero and L checked out the surroundings, Ryuka checked her Epiphany 6000. The black water of the river at the night was sloshing loudly, inviting them to drown in it's cold embrace.

It was 11:54 PM, and two red dots showed that James Park and Kim Jo Min were close, abiding in a large, abandoned, but high security warehouse nearby.

When they were about 100 ft from the warehouse, they clicked their guns into position and crept around it.

"Where should I check first?" Myungsoo whispered to Ryuka.

"The usual." Ryuka replied.

L looked at her, puzzled.

She realized what she had said and blushed. It was what she usually said to Kikwang when they were on their missions, but he wasn't here this time.

"Just go around once and check out the surface rooms. Hero and I will go deeper inside and finish off the bastards." She rephrased carefully.

L nodded and quickly crept around the warehouse and out of sight.

Ryuka took a deep breath. She and Jaejoong looked at each other and nodded. He winked at her playfully from behind his mask and she facepalmed.

They tested the door and quickly pick-locked it. Once inside, Ryuka realized the warehouse was much bigger than they'd thought. It was triple-story with a million rooms. Even though it was abandoned, some dim lights still flickered on and off distantly. Constant water dripping could be heard. A slow but rusty security camera that was moving showed that the security was still intact.

Jaejoong and Ryuka avoided the camera easily but found trouble when they found an intersecting corridor leading to different parts of the warehouse.

Jaejoong smiled wryly.

"Ladies first," He said.

"I'll go right," Ryuka decided.

Jaejoong nodded and started to the left. He paused and then turned back, giving a surprised Ryuka a ruffle on the head.

"Even though you won't need it," He smiled. "Be careful."

Ryuka blushed and pushed his hand away, "I'm not a kid."

He laughed softly,"I know. See you soon."

He waved over his shoulder as he disappeared into the murky depths of the left corridor. Ryuka put a firm hold on her handgun and quickly headed down the right. She passed lots of empty rooms as she walked, and she gave them all a quick scan with her watch.

She was halfway down when a red dot flickered onto her watch, meaning one of the opposition was near. The dot showed it was above her. She quickly launched herself against a wall and positioned her gun upwards. A shadowed figure quickly flitted out of her sight on the second level. She waited for two minutes before relaxing. She started looking for the stairs that led upstairs. There were none. She was confused and turned, just in time to see the shadowed figure dart past her into the corridor beside her.

Without hesitation, she followed quickly, her boots almost making no sound on the filthy ground.

The figure looked behind him and quickly increased his speed before jumping down a flight of stairs that led to the basement of the warehouse. When she reached the top of the stairs, she stopped again. This could well be a trap.

If Kikwang were there, he'd definitely know what to do. If Kikwang - 

Stop ing thinking about Kikwang, Ryuka cursed herself.

Against her will, she raced down the stairs and into the dank but large basement. There were several boxes piled into the room. She searched around for the figure. He was nowhere in sight. Irritated, Ryuka shifted some boxes.

In flash, the man jumped out from behind a stack of boxes and lunged for . Ryuka's instincts kicked in and she put herself in a protective position before landing a blow to his face.

There was a very satisfying cracking sound, which, to her multiple experiences, meant a broken nose. As she prepared to shoot him, he wriggled out from her grasp and ran to the opposite side of the room. Ryuka went after him but her foot impacted with something. Looking down, she realized she had stepped on a raised, almost colourless platform that blended in perfectly with it's surroundings.

Before she had time to react, bars shot down from out of nowhere, trapping her in a cage. A cage of glass went down right after, trapping her in a double layer.

The man took off his mask and grinned crazily. Another man stepped out from the shoulders and smiled as well, showing yellow, broken teeth.

"You fell right for it," Said the man with the broken nose, blood gushing down his face. He didn't seem fazed.

Ryuka cursed her stupidity and quickly rattled the bars, testing if they were breakable.

"Don't waste your time, honey," The other man, whom she recognised as James Park sneered. "No ones comin' to help ya."

Ryuka glared at him, "That's what you think."

"Oh ho, feisty," Said Kim Jo Min, the other man. "Let's check properly what we got."

They moved right up to the glass. Ryuka had scanned her cages already. The bars were made of steel and the glass was bulletproof. She hadn't brought anything explosive or hard enough to throw. In other words, she was royally screwed.

"Oh my," Kim Jo Min snickered. "We caught a IOTSA Phoenix! Isn't that exciting! Who knew they would be so easy?"

James Park laughed.

"Look at you," Jo Min said mockingly. "Pretty little thing. Too bad, if you'd hadn't treated me so badly, you would've been a keeper."

"I'd rather die than be with you," Ryuka spat.

"Wish granted," He said in a sing-song voice. "Say goodbye, darling."

He pressed something on the wall.

Nothing happened.

"Should I applaud you?" Ryuka said sarcastically. "That was so amazing."

He continued smiling peacefully at her.

Ryuka was mystified, until she smelt something in the air that most people wouldn't be able to. She was trained in detecting poisons and she didn't need the frantic beeping of her watch to tell her that something was wrong.

"Carbon monoxide!" She said through gritted teeth. "You son of a !"

She would've preferred her death to be quick. In an attempt to save herself, she drew in a large breath and pressed a button on her watch, which would alert Jaejoong and Myungsoo of her whereabouts.

Since it was no use trying to break the bars, she curled herself into a ball and focused on hodling her breath.

Thirty seconds later, her air supply was seriously running short, but the glass cage was probably filled with carbon monoxide.

Finally, unable to hold in, she breathed out and breathed in. Her eyesight swam, her head pounded. Everything was dizzying. She blinked and tried to regain composure. Second by second, her consciousness was slipping through her fingers. Just as she was going to collapse, a blurred silhouette of a person darted in. A second later, splatters of blood splashed onto the glass cage.

Ryuka could barely appreciate their beauty.

She could feel it. She was going to die...

SMASH!

The carbon monoxide flooded out and was replaced by fresh air. Someone hauled her out of the cages deftly with strong arms.

Ryuka blinked sluggishly. Her vision swam.

"Ryuka, you idiot." Said a familiar voice.

"Ki-Kikwang...?"

"Who else?" She could visualize his smirk.

Finally her eyesight cleared and she saw him staring down at her from behind the grade eight assasin mask. The familiar, playful smile was gracing his lips.

"How? When...did...you...get...here...?" She asked breathlessly, still dipping dangerously on the verge of unconsciousness.

He stared at her silently for a minute, "Never mind that."

"...You...then...I..."

"You're safe now," He said simply, chuckling. "Just remember...bring me along next time."

 

~

Aish, I'm so tired...

Anyhoo, thank you for reading~!

I hope this chapter was long enough? :D

Please subscribe and comment~!