Because

.: D e a d l y :.

Main Character:

First Name: Ryuka (ree-oo-kah or rai-oo-ka)

Last Name: Kiyuri (kyoo-ri or kai-yu-ri)

Age: 16

Level: Grade Eight - Phoenix

Assasin Codename: Ruri (roo-ri)

Agent Number: 171618

Nationality: Half Korean, half Japanese

Personality: Find out ;)

I'm not going to put up a picture because I'd prefer it if you imagined her yourselves :D

And as a small note: IOTSA uniform is blue and black, AIA's is white and red

CHAPTER ONE

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

"Agent Ryuka Kiyuri, to Headquarters Three please. Agent Ryuka Kiyuri, Headquarters Three."

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"Very good," The instructor said approvingly. "Bullseye, bullseye, bullseye. You may go."

Ryuka gleefully removed her protective goggles and mufflers and set down her handgun. Shrugging on her school jacket, she bid the instructor goodbye and headed towards the high security auto-scan doors.

I wonder what it's about this time, she mused to herself silently as the door allowed her through, revealing the modern corridors of IOTSA. She took a shortcut to the Headquarters, which meant passing the busiest corridor in the school (unfortunately).

Some students nodded at her as she passed and she returned the gesture. Several of the more happy-go-lucky ones waved excitedly and called out her name.

"RYUUUUKKKKAAAA~!" A girly squeal sounded in her ear.

Ryuka's face remained deadpan.

"What is it, Hana?" She asked, continuing with her walking.

The other girl hurried to catch up and jogged backwards while opening to speak.

"Two things," She said brightly. "One; when is our weaponry assignment due? I've been slacking. And two; you got called to the Headquarters, which means another mission right?! Does that mean Kikwang oppa will be going with you again?"

"That's three things," Ryuka said dismissively, stopping in front of an elevator and pressing 'up'.

"Aww, you know what I mean," Hana whined. "Tell meeee~!"

"Fine. The assignment's due next Thursday. And the second one? Honestly, I don't know."

"Sure you don't. It's always a mission for you!"

Ryuka gave her a 'go away' glare before stepping into the elevator, which had just arrived.

Hana waved cheerfully, "Byeee unnie~!"

Ryuka sighed in relief when the door shut. She pressed the Headquarters button. Hana was always a pain in the to deal with. While the elevator ascended, she thought about what Hana had said about Kikwang. What did she mean by going with her again? She stopped to think.

Kikwang had been on the last ten or eleven of her assignments. Oh. That's why.

She let her mind let go of that thought and stepped out the elevator. The icy receptionist nodded at her and pointed her thumb at the dark mahogany oak door behind her. Ryuka padded across the soft carpet and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Ryuka went in, closed the door behind her and stepped forward.

The principal of IOTSA aka the 'Boss' who gave out the assasination missions sat in a giant leather swivel chair in front of her. The scene strangely reminded her (like every single time she'd been in here) of a cliche movie scene. The 'Boss' himself was a forty something year old man with hair that had started to recede. He looked harmless but was actually a devil in disguise. He'd been 'affectionately' nicknamed 'Ripper', 'Mafia' and 'Kira' by the public (just to name a few). Ryuka didn't know how the last one came in, unless he possesed a Death Note, which was highly impossible...

"Miss Kiyuri? Are you listening?" Boss asked impatiently.

"Huh?" Ryuka blinked, before realizing she'd spaced out while staring at his mild bald patch. "Yeah, I'm listening."

"We've received a request for an assasination this time. It was a highly important one that was passed through legally. It will be a medium-danger mission, which means you can bring one or two agents with you," Boss declared, folding his hands on the table."We need you to get rid of two people; James Park and Kim Jo Min. They were criminals who escaped the National Prison. They are armed and they're camping by Hudson's Creek. Last week, they murdered two teenage girls. It would be a relief to the public to get rid of them. Do you think you're up for it?"

Ryuka grinned confidently, "Definitely."

"Very good," Boss said, pleased. "I knew I could trust you. Who do you want to bring along with you?"

"Kikwa - "

Ryuka paused. She remembered what Hana had said and quickly changed her mind.

"Jaejoong. And Myungsoo."

"Ah, I see," He looked at her strangely, probably wondering why she didn't choose Kikwang.

Ignoring that fact, he pressed a speaker phone and spoke into it, ordering Hero and L to the Headquarters.

Five minutes later, Jaejoong and Myungsoo came in, still in their training uniforms.

Myungsoo gave Ryuka a cute smile while Jaejoong just gave her a surprised look.

"Change and get your gear," Boss told them. "You're accompanying Ruri on a mission. You have thirty minutes."

The three of them were dismissed.

"Isn't Kikwang coming with us?" Jaejoong asked curiously.

"Nope." She answered in casual voice.

"Why not?" Myungsoo frowned.

There was a silence in which Ryuka scrambled for an excuse.

"Why?" Myungsoo probed again.

Ryuka turned back and continued walking briskly, "Because. I didn't want him to."

 

~

Chapter one finished :D *mini joy dance*

I've been extremely lazy xD I needa update my other story D: But I have writer's block!

GAH!

Anyway, thank you for reading and for the encouraging comments~!

Please subscribe and comment <3