The Morning Train

The Upgraded Me

Yunho always waited for Yeonhee after school, so that they could walk together home. During those walks, Yeonhee was the happiest. They would take breaks under an old tree by the river and talk endlessly. 

One day under that old tree, they shared their first kiss.

<:>

Yeonhee hated the number three. That was when everything fell apart.

"Why?" Yeonhee didn't believe a word he said.

"Sorry."

"Why?" Believing it, she began to break down.

"Please leave, and everything between us never happened." Yunho showed no sign of regret.

Yeonhee took the morning train; it was three AM. Those past two years had built up many memories, but now even the good ones were nightmares. Repeatedly getting scarred, Yeonhee wondered if she could break away from it.

<:>

To the people I thought I was close to, in reality they seem so far away, because I now realize I don't actually know them truly. There's always hidden motives and sudden changes in people. Every ones hearts and minds are like trains. One stop to another. Different stops then sometimes the same stop. Nothing can just stay the same. Like the seasons, everything and everyone are similar to them. Changing, like a cycle that seems to never end. But maybe, change can be good.

<:>

Whenever you looked my way and smiled, I felt like I was melting. It was as if sunshine was poured on me, only me. I can't help it when your attention is on me, only me. I feel like I'm losing my mind. 

Now a storm has come. The rain, washing down every ounce of feeling I had for you is now gone. 

It's okay, I think I see sunshine again.


yo sorry. I was busy and stressed out.

I feel so weak...