Promise Ring Part 2

Invisible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong POV

Somehow, Jiyong managed to convince Kiko to opt out of attending the party.  It had taken a lot of effort and promises until she reluctantly agreed but only if he came home early and didn’t go out somewhere else (or more like WITH someone else).  He also knew that she would have people watching him, so Dara being here made things more complicated. He would have to be extra careful not to be seen talking to her longer than he would anyone else. Sometimes Jiyong felt like was a child living under a strict parent’s thumb. It was ridiculous how many rules that Kiko put on him, especially ones concerning the woman who was supposed to be his best friend. Jiyong grabbed the ring around his neck for support. He could do this…at least he hoped he could.

The kiss between Minho and Dara replayed in his mind. What if she never wanted to come back to him? Jiyong knew he had royally ed up this time; Dara had always been there for him. She was his best friend and no matter what he had done; she always managed to forgive him…but that was in the past, Jiyong wasn’t sure he would be able to convince her to this time. He wasn’t even sure if he was worth her forgiveness himself.

-

He watched her arrive from the balcony of the building, watched as she linked arms with his best friend and enter the party. She was breathtaking; the dress she wore hugged all of her curves. Her hair was tied back in a high ponytail, which gave her soft features a stronger edge to them. Her look made her radiate confidence, or at least appear that way to anyone but him. It seemed he was the only one to notice how she fiddled with the edge of her dress. Something he knew she only did when she was nervous. Jiyong felt his heart constrict painfully while watching her. Taking a deep breath to prepare himself for whatever fate decided to throw at him that night, Jiyong then turned around and walked back into the party with a confidence he didn’t feel.

Jiyong impressed himself; he didn’t even look at her once as he made his rounds greeting people he knew in the crowd. It wasn’t until he reached his crew that his resolve broke. He worked himself into an inner frenzy trying to figure out what to say but no words seemed good enough and when he finally found what he thought would be a good opener; that damn kisses found its way into his brain. So instead of trying to apologize, all Jiyong did was glare, nod and walk away like a fool.

He made his way as quickly as he could back towards the balcony. Closing his eyes, Jiyong took deep, almost gulping breaths to try to steady his heart. He was so angry with himself. That was such a crucial moment…and he ruined it by remembering that stupid kiss. Jiyong leaned back against the railing and tried to remember the faint memory of her in his arms, pressing his lips to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter