Chapter 2

Identically in love

Back at the hospital

 

I was looking at him and was waiting for him to wake up.

I caresssed his cheeks and slide down my index finger from his forehead down to his nose tip then to his soft plump lips.

i was still mesmerizing his existence beside me while he was still sleeping.

 

"jagi, you're already here" He woke up smiling at me.

"jagi, i want to tell you something." He grabbed my hand and held it tight.

"will you promise me one thing? you won't let go of my hand? no matter what happens?" he raise his pinky.

"i promise." i held his pinky with my pinky as a sign of my promise.

"good. then can i have a favor to ask you?"

"what is it?"

"will you please bring me back home. because i want to look for something"

"okay but'll ask permission first from the doctor so that he would know."

"okay, thank you"

 

 

The two of us went to his home. he ran inside and was searching for something important. i just stood there waiting for him to finish what he was doing.

"ahaaa here it is!" he excitedly grabbed it from one of his drawers.

"what is it?"

"i want you to open it" he handed me a large box.

 

i opened the box and found a diamond ring and below that are some papers. I was surprised as he knelt down before me and he inserted the ring into my finger.

 

"Sungho-yahh." My eyes began to be teary and my heart thumps nonstop.

"Aya, will you live for me and marry me into the next life?"

"what are you saying?! what next life? Yes i'll marry you even now, if you want to."  i began crying as i saw him looking weak while holding my hand for marriage.

"Aya, take this" he handed me the papers found from the box.

"isn't this the title of the house of yours? why are you giving it to me?"

"this house will no longer be my property when i'm gone. I'm handling all the responsiblility to you.  this house belongs to you now."

" Sungho, are you kidding me? why are saying all this?!? you're not going to die!" I held his hand tight.

"i'm sorry Aya. i love you. i wish i could live with you until we get old but it's God's will"

"no! you said you weren't letting go if i held unto you." i held him tighter and hugged him.

"i'm sorry, i'm going to let go."

 

While holding his hand his pulse were no longer active. and he even stopped breathing. I cried and tried to wake him up but it's no use. God has taken him and left his body with me.

 

 

"Sunghoooooooooooooooooooooooo you jerk! you told me you wouldn't let go if i held unto you no matter what happens! wake up! waaakeeeeup! look i'm still holding unto you even though you left your soul left your body, i kept my promise! pls come backkk!!!

 

 

1 week later after his funeral.

 

I decided to work again and live my life without him. it was just a blink of an eye the moment that he was here with me was already shattered. I kept passing by from his house next to mine and reminiscing the moments that i visited him there. i can still hear his laughter, his voice and the keys he played in his piano. after he was gone, in order to make this house not to be lonely without a owner i decided it to rent it with someone who i can trust to take care of it.

 

and also since i'm alone in the compound, i told my frinds to live with me since i'm dying of depression and sadness.

 

"Aya, don't worry. You know Miyo's father will help us find a new owner of Sungho's house."

"thanks guys, i know i could count on you since i'm busy with work."

 

 

 

Sungho POV

 

"where am i? is this heaven?" looking around seeing only white

"Yes, sungho it is."

"Aren't you Angel Michael?"

"Yes, sungho. Welcome."

"Angel michael, i know its a huge favor to ask because i just got here and i want you to allow me to do something for my grilfriend".

"you're a good boyfriend Sungho, i understand that. what is it you want to do for your girlfriend?"

"just something that will make her happy again"

"then go ahead, but becareful there are rules of the world of souls and the mortals okay?

"yes angel michael."