Chapter 1

Identically in love

Aya POV

 

"Sungho-yahhh! i made you kimbap you're fave!"

I knocked at his door

"Sungho? are you there?"

*Cough *cough *cough

"Sungho is that you? are you feeling well?"

*Cough *cough *cough

"Sungho?"

"Why isn't he answering me? Should i barge in? hmmm"

I turned the knob open to enter.

When i was about to get in, I saw Sungho on the floor lying and he was vomiting blood.

 

"Sunghooo! gwaenchanha? are you hurt? I'll call the ambulance okay? Wait"

My heart began to panic as i saw him battling the pain.

"Hang on there! Everything's gonna be alright"

I held my heart and was hoping that it will be okay.

 

At the hospital

 

"Doc, how is my sungho?"

The Doctor seriously looked at me

"Ms. Lee, there are two kinds of news, which one will you listen first? the good or the bad news?"

"I think i should listen to the goodnews first"

"okay, so Ms. Lee your boyfriend is fine by now and he is now at his private room resting"

"oh thank God, sooo what's the bad news doc? is it a minor one?"

"Well, i should take it as a no, the bad news is more serious. I hope you should be prepared to what i'm going to tell you"

my heart started to feel nervousness and panic as the moment he was about to speak.

"your boyfriend, is already in the 4th stage of blood cancer and he may die anytime soon, we may not know when but i think his life will only last for a few days since his health began to slow and weaken down"

The bad news strucked me like lightning. i didn't know what to say or do but i can only do was to cry out the pain i felt. Why God? Why Sungho? Sungho was the only guy i loved and loved me. I could never find such guy like him. Why God? Why must it be him? He didn't do anyhting wrong for you to take him with you. WHHHHHYYY?!

 

I cried and cried and screamed. WHYYYYYYYYY?!!

 

I gathered my feelings and pretend that i was okay, to show Sungho that he must not worry about me. I went in to his room and saw him weak and frail in his hospital bed.

"jagi, you're here."

He spread his arms wide waiting for me to hug him.

"Ofcourse i'm here."

I pecked him unto his lips and gave him a sweet smile.

"jagi, don't worry about me, okay? i'm a fighter remember? hahaha"

He even was joking at his state.

"i believe we can get through this okay. I know that this is only an obstacle for us to live happy."

"i know, i know." he smiled

my heart can't take any much longer. I can't no more pretend i was okay. hearing him saying he was okay and smiling at me, it made my feeling a lot more worse.

"what's wrong? why are you crying jagi?" he wiped my tears as it wen down to my cheek.

"I can't be anymore be optimistic in this situation right now. Sungho, why? why? why? Why did God want us to suffer like this? We didn't even did anything wrong. All we did was to love each other? You know what i really felt? I felt like dumbfounded and fooled because yesterday we even went to the amusement park together and we even played together. And yesterday you look healthier but now look at you, you're now frail and weak. Do you think he was fooling us around?!"

I was filled with both sad and angry emotions. I blurted all the things i want to say. I can't anymore preted i was okay with it.

"jagi, don't think like that. He wasn't playing around. God knows what's best for us. he would let you get disappointed with him."

"No, its not true!"

"jagi, no matter what happens pls. keep holding unto me okay? I won't let go of you." he held my hand tightly

"I swear day by day i'll keep holding unto you. just don't leave me here"

"i promise. because i love you." He kissed my forehead.

 

 

I went to his home to pick some of his stuffs to bring at the hospital. While i was looking i saw an old photo album of his under his bed. While i was scanning the photos, it made me flashed back to our memories when we were at the orphanage. We grew up together as best friends then became lovers. When started to work after college, i remember i built my own house for me to live. At that time he was in Singapore working as a prosecutor. And later he surprised me by building his own house next to mine. The house he built was for him to get closer to me. All the memories were precious to me. and i hope these memories won't shatter because of this suffering.

 

while i was about to leave his home, i secretly took one of his best photos and keep it with me.

this was the time i forced him to the the v sign. he's too cute~