The Truth

The Truth About Love

 

Nichkhun wasn’t sure how to approach Victoria, but even so he knew he had to make a move now before she is taken from him.

Khun paced back and forth in front of Victoria and Dara’s apartment door regretting the moment he had opened his big mouth agreeing to introduce Victoria to Junsu. He didn’t knock on their door because he didn’t know what to say once it opened. Today he had overheard Junsu telling others how he is going to ask Victoria to be his girlfriend today and how he might even be lucky enough to score some bases. When the images of Junsu and Victoria hugging, kissing and making love with each other flash through Khun’s mind, there is a sense of rage and anger within him. I guess you can say something had snapped/exploded inside him.

Before he could continue his thoughts, the door swung opened. “Why are you pacing back and forth in front of my apartment” Dara asked as she gave Khun a suspicious look, “if you’re looking for Victoria she’s not home yet. I think she’s still on her date with Junsu.”

“Still?” Khun asked as he checked his watch “shouldn’t she be getting home soon, it’s already 11:50.” 

Before he could say anymore, Dara continued “you’re here pretty late looking for her, was it something important?  I don’t think she’ll be home anytime soon or maybe at all.” Seeing Khun in this state distress after hearing her last comment made Dara laugh, “did you finally realize something?“

Khun was flustered hearing Dara , “what do you mean by that?” Dara looked at Khun with an all knowing smile, “are you still trying to play dumb or are you really that dumb? You still haven’t realized your feelings for her?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” Khun replied cooly. Dara looked at Khun doubtfully, “honestly at this point do you still want to act cool and play stupid? If you are going to be this way I hope Victoria date Junsu. At least Junsu is man enough to admit his feelings for her and he is even going after her instead of hiding behind the ‘I just want to be friends’ act.”

After a few minutes had passed in silence Dara continued “This is stupid. I’m going to close the door. If you want to wait for her then just wait for her, but there’s no point of waiting if you aren’t even going to acknowledge your feelings.” As Dara close the door, Khun’s foot stop the door, “Dara…I love her. I have known that I love Victoria for a while now, but I couldn’t admit it. I’m just scared she’ll reject me.”

Minho appeared behind Dara, clapping his hand. “Freaking finally, it took you long enough to admit it” said Dara as she shook her head in disbelief, “Everyone in high school was wondering when you two would date. Now all our souls can rest in peace.”

“What do you mean by everyone in high school? Whe…when did you realize how I felt about her?” a shock Khun replied. “When I say everyone, I meant everyone in our class in high school. Didn’t you ever realize why others  tease you and Victoria?” Dara shook her head at the lack of common sense Khun had.

“Come inside its’ cold out” Minho advised Khun who was still shocked at what Dara had just said. “Honestly Khun, I also felt that you liked Victoria. The way you act around her is so different from the way you act around other girls. You don’t even treat your ex-girlfriends as great as you do with Victoria.”

“You also realize my feelings, Minho, since when?” Khun was shock to find out how everyone had realized his feelings. He thought he hid it well. “You’re an idiot Khun. Not only do you not admit your feelings towards her, but you also didn’t even realize Victoria’s feelings towards you. You went as far as to push her towards some random stranger because you’re scared of rejection. What a lame idea! You’re the only guy she considers important” Dara commented. She placed her hand on her hand on her forehead, “why do I have such dense friends. WHY!”

Before anyone could say anymore, the door opened. Victoria looked surprise seeing Khun. “Hey everyone. Was there a group hang out I didn’t know about” Victoria jokingly tease as she took off her shoes. “Nothing like that” Dara replied as she went to grab her coat out of the closet. “Actually I just came by to grab a few things, since I was planning on staying over at Minho’s place tonight” Dara looked towards Minho’s direction and winked. “Yeah she’s staying over at my house tonight” said Minho as he understood the wink from Dara was a hint for him to play along.

“Ah, I see”  said Victoria as she sat down on the coach, “then why are you here, Khun.” Khun didn’t know how to reply so he looked at Minho and Dara for assistant. “He was buying some dessert when we saw him so we invited him up for some tea” Dara replied with a wide grin on her face, “anyways bye you two, me and Minho have to get going now, right Minho?”

“Yeah, we should get going now. Bye everyone” said Minho as he opened the door for Dara and they both rushed out the door before the other two could say bye.

After a few minutes have passed Victoria broke the ice, “where’s the dessert you bought, I don’t see it?” Victoria teased  Khun, “Didn’t leave me any I see. What a meanie.” Khun smiled then teased Victoria back, “sorry we ate it all. We didn’t know when you’d come home.”

“Ah, really? I see.” After her last remark, minutes went by without either one of them talking to each other again. For some reason she felt that he was being different from his normal self, “is something bothering you? You seem so quiet today, Khun.”

“Nothing is bothering me, just watching T.V.” he lied. A lot was bothering him, he just didn’t know how to bring it up. After a few more awkward minutes passed he finally spoke.  In a small quiet voice he said, “so how was your date today? Did anything happen between you two?” Victoria smiled while remembering what happened today, “He had this whole dinner on the beach romantic setting for us. He even sung to me while playing on the guitar.” She covered with her hand and let out a small giggle, “after that he pulled out a telescope so that we could see stars. It was quite romantic.”

Seeing Victoria being all girly and shy as she recalls the date made Khun’s heartache. Khun quietly let out a sigh then in a small tone, “…so it seems like you had fun” he paused for a second before continuing, “does this mean that you two…you know…you two are dating now?” Victoria looked at Khun as he spoke, but he spoke in such a soft quiet voice that she didn’t hear much of what he was saying, “Huh? I didn’t hear what you said, could you repeat it?”

“Nothing. Nothing at all.” Khun felt really irritated at himself for not knowing what to do or say. He couldn’t find the right words to ask Victoria about her and Junsu. He couldn’t find the right words to tell her how he feels about her He felt so helpless and uncertain about what to do. “It’s already 12:30. It’s getting late, you better go home now” said Victoria as she looked at the clock.

Time is ticking away. Right now Khun doesn’t care if Victoria had agreed on being Junsu’s girlfriend or not anymore. It’s either now, or never for him, Khun thought. Ignoring Victoria’s comment about it being late, Khun gathered all his courage and got up from the floor. He went to where she was sitting and sat on the couch next to her. “What if I told you I don’t want you to date Junsu, what would you do?

“What are you talking about” Victoria playfully push his arm “you play too much.”

Khun turned and look at Victoria, in a serious tone he said, “I am being serious here. What would you do?”

“Why do you look so serious” Victoria started to giggle, while continuing to push Khun’s arm, “you seriously play too much.”

Khun grabbed her hands in his, “Seriously, what would you do if I told you I don’t want you to date him.” Victoria looked at him with a confused look. She was shock at how serious and out of the blue this question was. He never really cared about other guys asking her on dates, why did it matter now? Did he finally realize her feelings for him? Has he fallen in love with her, like she has fallen in love with him all these years? As these thoughts ran through her mind she realized that, that probably isn’t the case. He was probably just testing her.

She let out a chuckle, “alright I got it. This joke has gone far enough. And besides, it’s none of your business if I am dating Junsu or not, is it?” Khun was annoyed at Victoria for thinking his actions were just a joke and even more annoyed that she said it’s none of his business. He didn’t know how else to convey his feelings except to kiss her. He let go of his hands that were holding her hands.

He pushed her body closer to his with his right hand placed around her waist and his left hand behind her head pushing her lips towards his. He could hear her breathing and he bet she could hear his as well. Their lips were only a few centimeters away from each other “Is this still a joke to you?” Before she could reply, he titled his head slightly and kissed her. Victoria pushed him away in an instant, “What are you doing?” she yelled.

“I told you I was serious, but you kept saying my words were just some joke.”

“I don’t get you” a furious Victoria stood up from the couch, “You were the one who introduced me to him. You were the one who insisted I get to know him better.” She threw her hands up in the air, “HELL you literally pushed me to date him. Constantly getting me to go on dates with him. Constantly inviting him to places where I’d be at. Constantly telling me to stop being a prude and just give him my number. Constantly telling me how great he is and what a wonderful boyfriend he’d make.”

Victoria tried holding her tears back at this point, “When I finally started to forget my feelings towards you…and even considered dating him, you come and pull this crap on me.” Victoria turned around so that he wouldn’t see the tears falling from her face. She slowly started to walk away, trying to distant herself from him “I really don’t get you…Let’s pretend this never happened. I am going to go for a walk, just close the door when you leave.”

He never realized her feelings towards him, if he had known this he wouldn’t be regretting his actions right now. He doesn’t know what to should say to her to fix this situation, but he does know that he loves her and can’t let her go.  After hearing the door close, it pulled him back to reality. He stood up and grabbed his coat and rushed out the door after her.

When he finally spotted  her from a distant, he ran towards her. When he finally reached her, he hugged her from the back, “I am sorry for not knowing how you feel... I am sorry for not realizing my feelings sooner… I am sorry for pushing someone else onto you...I am sorry for hurting you…I might be sorry for a lot of things, but I am not sorry for falling in love with you.”

He hugged her tighter as he whispered in her left ear, “I love you. I had realized I love you for a long time now, but I was always in denial. I was scared that you didn’t feel the same way as me. And if ever comes the day when you were to reject me, I don’t think we could ever be friends again. I was afraid to lose our friendship. I felt that if I introduced you to other guys, I’d see how happy you were and give up on you, but it just filled me up with jealousy and rage seeing you with someone else. When you told me you loved me, did you know how happy that made me?”

Khun let go of her body and took a step forward, standing infront of her, he wiped the tears falling from her face with his fingers. After a few seconds, he grabbed her arms and wrapped them around his body. He then hugged her back, “Now that I know how you feel, I am never letting you go. You’re mine.”

Victoria looked up at Khun, she smiled sweetly and teased “Who said I wanted to be yours?”  Khun was happy seeing her smile, he back “I said so. If I say you’re mine, you’re mine. And if you try to escape, I’ll chase after you and catch you in my arms again.”

“I never knew you were so corny…if I had known this I wouldn’t have fallen for you in the first place” Victoria stuck out her tongue. “Repeat the last line you just said again” Khun looked at Victoria with an annoyed facial expression.

Victoria repeated her last sentence, “I never knew you were so corny, if I had known this I wouldn’t have…” before she could finish her sentence Khun kissed her.

“Anytime you  say something that I don’t like, I’ll shut you up by kissing you.”

“You can be such a sadistic person,”  said Victoria as she pouted.

Khun kissed her again, but this time it was passionate. He opened his lips slightly so that her upper lip is in between his lips, while his bottom lip is in between her lips. Slowly, but steadily they started to on each other’s lips. After a few minutes of kissing, Khun pulled away.

“See I told you, I’d kiss you if you keep on saying things I don’t like to hear.” Khun smirked. Victoria rolled her eyes and teasingly say, “so you would only kiss me if I say things you don’t like?”

“I never said that” Khun placed his right hand on the back of her head and slowly pushed her face towards his, “I want to kiss you every chance I get.”

“Please do” Victoria replied as she closed her eyes and felt Khun’s lips against hers’.

Pulling away gently, Khun looked down at Victoria who was still in his arms, “This was bothering me the whole time…” Hesitating for a moment before muttering, “did you agree on being Junsu’s girlfriend?”

In a playful tone Victoria answered, “what if I did, what if I didn’t. What are you going to do about it?”

Letting out a sigh, Khun frowned “if you did agree on being his girlfriend, you better break up with him now before I do it for you.” Thinking for a moment he continued, “and if you didn’t agree on being his girlfriend then that’s good. Actually I’m damn happy if you didn’t say yes to him, now answer me. Did you or did you not agree to be his girlfriend?”

Victoria still being in a playful mood whispered, “it’s a secret, shhh.” Pressing her lips against his soft lips, she slowly opened her lips, ushering him to do the same as she slide her tongue into his mouth, rubbed her tongue against his. In between their tongue , Khun’s whispered “…tell….me…if…you…”

“Shhh” Victoria moaned into his mouth as she pulled his body against hers. The truth was she had rejected Junsu, but she’s not going to tell Khun that. He tortured her by setting her up with Junsu, so now it's her turn to torture him, by not telling him the answer to his question. It’s only fair, she thought.

 

 

[Author's Side Notes] I bet a lot of you are wondering how come Victoria had agreed on dating Junsu in Chapter 2, yet said she isn't in the last chapter. Well, she was mad in Chapter 2 when she said all those things. People who say things when they're mad, tend to be irrational; letting their emtionals speak for their mind/heart. I guess you can say, she just said those things because she was mad, when she came to her sense, she told him no.