Final || How It Started, How It Ended, and How It Will Never Be Fixed

Rainy Birthdays {{One-Shot}}
Please listen to: BEAST’s On Rainy Days
 
 

Final || How It Started, How It Ended, and How It Will Never Be Fixed
 
“Would you be my girlfriend?”
It seemed as though it was only yesterday that a brand new relationship had blossomed.
Yang Yoseob and Joo Haneul both started off as college freshmen when they met each other, both majoring in music and performing arts.
Meeting each other every day, greeting each other, working as a pair for projects.
Everybody  thought they would end up as a couple, but they both declined the thought, explaining that the two would only stay as friends.
They became closer than any other pair of friends would be.
They learned each others’ secrets.
They learned about each others’ habits.
They were always informed by one another whenever one or the other was in a relationship.
However, it was a nice spring day, a day where all college students were on their spring break...
-
“Haneul-ah!” Yoseob shouted, grinning as she smiled cutely, “Yoseob oppa!”
“Are you ready?” he asked as she nodded, “Of course! Today’s going to be the best day ever!”
They went everywhere; the mall, the ice cream parlor, the park, the beach. You name it.
Where they were now was at Namsan Tower, locking their locks together onto the fence as they decided who would read the other’s first.
“Oppa, I’ll read first then,” she smiled, looking at the back of his lock before turning a light shade of pink.
“Joo Haneul,
I love you.
Will you be my girlfriend?
-Forever and always yours,
Yoseob oppa”
“I’ll read yours first before you answer,” Yoseob chuckled, finding her adorable whenever she was biting her bottom lip, nervous. Reading it, his face broke into one full of love and delight as he turned to her and picked her up, twirling her around as he pulled her in for a sweet kiss.
“Yang Yoseob,
I love you.
I’ll be your girlfriend,
only if you become my boyfriend.
-Forever and always,
your baby girl,
Haneul”
Once they had gotten back to college, the other students were delighted to find out that their dream couple had finally taken action and initiated their romantic relationship.
...All but one.

“Sorry, babe, but I can’t make it today. I’ll see you later. Love you. –Yoseob oppa”
Ever since their relationship started, Yoseob and Haneul had been closer than ever, like best friends and couples, but combined.
However, lately, Haneul had been finding that Yoseob had been acting strangely, but she said nothing, thinking that it was short-term.
How is started off?
Haneul, who just finished her classes, was sitting in a small, cute café near her campus.
Taking a sip of her mocha frap, she sent Yoseob a text.
Oppa,
you’ll be coming over tonight, right?
--Haneul♥
Somehow feeling anxious, Haneul fiddled with her thumbs until her phone buzzed.
Mianhae, princess.
Songsaengnim gave us too much work today.
I’m sorry I can’t be with you today.
Probably not the entire week.
I have to go.
Bye.
--Yoseob
Lightly dropping her phone onto the table, she felt upset.
This was the first time that Yoseob had not been able to come over, the first time he didn’t reply back with hearts and kisses and hugs, the first time he didn’t tell her he loved her, but that wasn’t the entire reason.
It so happened that that day was their 5th anniversary...
...and her birthday.
She never probed into the subject about him missing her birthday and anniversary with her, seeing that he apologized a million times and took her out to her favorite places.
She was too in love with him to find out that....
...he had been cheating on her with the queenka, Shin Sohee.
 

“I can’t believe you would do this to me. Especially with what’s happening right now...”
Yoseob and Haneul were still in their relationship, although Yoseob was a lot more distant with her than before now.
He ignored her calls, her texts, her pleas, her voicemails.
Everything.
It didn’t exactly help her.
Just recently, she had found out that her parents, who lived back in their hometown, had died in a car crash driving up to Seoul to visit her.
Heartbroken, she went to go seek warmth and comfort from her boyfriend, but what she found out didn’t exactly comfort her at all...
“Doojoon oppa?” Haneul blinked, surprised to find one of Yoseob’s friend in front of her, “What brings you here?”
“Haneul, has Yoseob been acting...strange, lately?” he asked, sounding a bit afraid.
Haneul thought, “A few times, actually. He stopped answering my calls, my texts. He stopped spending time with me as well.” A hint of disappointment was clouded in her voice, “The first time he missed our date was our 5th anniversary-”
“That-” Doojoon growled, but her last statement sent him into fury and resentment.
“-and my birthday,” she whispered, a tear slipping down her cheek as she sniffed.
“THAT ING BASTARD!” Doojoon snarled, angrily pulling out his phone to call Yoseob.
“Hey, Doojoonie-” Yoseob’s voice got cut off by Doojoon’s shouting.
“WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!?” Doojoon screamed into the mouthpiece, making Haneul wince at the volume.
“What do you mean?” Yoseob asked, confused.
“I ing meant,” Doojoon growled once again, “What the hell were you thinking when you missed your 5th anniversary with Haneul, when that day was her birthday AS WELL!?”
“Chill hyung,” Yoseob chuckled, understanding what he meant, but didn’t know that Haneul was listening, shocked at how calm Yoseob was at the moment.
“What the hell do you mean, chill?” Doojoon took a breath, trying to stay calm, “You ing missed-”
“I was with Sohee,” Yoseob stated a bit boredly, as though he was wasting too much time talking to Doojoon when it could be spent with Sohee, “In fact, she’s with me right now. Say hi, babe.”
Haneul, registering the fact that her boyfriend was indeed cheating on her, let tears flow down her cheeks, “He told me that he loved me. He told me that he would never cheat on me. He told me, just this morning, that he was at a friend’s house for a project.”
“Who’s that talking?” Yoseob asked, a hint of teasing in his voice, “Finally got a girlfriend, hyung?”
“Yang Yoseob,” Doojoon growled, about to give him a piece of his mind, but was stopped by Haneul, “Doojoon oppa, stop it. There’s no point.”
Taking the phone, she spoke quietly through the phone, “Yoseob oppa?”
“H-h-Haneul?” Yoseob asked, shock clearly heard in his voice, “Why do you have hyung’s phone?”
“Oppa, where are you right now?”
“I’m, um..,” Yoseob stuttered, “I’m at a café near my friend’s house. We’re taking a break right now.”
“Really?” Haneul muffled her sobs, but Yoseob could still hear it, “Babe, are you crying? What happened?! Tell oppa, and I’ll go beat whoever hurt you.”
“But I know oppa won’t beat himself up,” she whispered sadly as he got confused, “Why would I beat myself up?”
“Oppa, I know,” she murmured, heart-broken, “Oppa...I think we should break up.”
With those words, a ton of bricks felt like it landed on top of Yoseob, “Why...?”
“Oppa, I hope you and Sohee-shii are better together than how we were,” Haneul sobbed, hanging up the phone and handing it back to Doojoon, who watched her sadly.
Yoseob, on the other hand, ran a hair through his hair, frustrated.
“Oppa, gwenchana?” Sohee cooed, running a finger down his cheek, “Do you want me to make you feel better?”
“Shut up, you ing ,” Yoseob growled, glaring at her, “You’re the cause of this. Why the did I cheat on with you!?”
“Because I know you love me,” she smiled smugly, “And now that the other is gone-”
“Don’t call her a ,” he hissed, standing up, “I’m leaving. I need to fix this.”
“But oppa-” Sohee pleaded, but her cries got cut off by the slam of a door.
Clenching her fists, she glared at the door, “Fine, but know this. If I can’t have you...
“...no one can.

“I’m sorry, sir, but we’ve tried our best. She’s gone.”
After a few months of finding out the truth, Haneul had completely gone from outgoing and friendly to depressed and quiet in a matter of days.
All of her friends at her university had grown worried when she had requested to leave classes for a few weeks, saying that an important matter had shown up, and she couldn’t concentrate until it was solved.
Being loved at the university had its benefits, for she was excused from classes for a about two months.
Haneul spent less time outside and more time inside her new apartment (she bought a new one to prevent Yoseob from finding her), curled up in her bed and sobbing most of the time.
Her once cute, round face had become hallow and pale.
Her eyes had lost their gleam, and was replaced with a dim shine, completely losing their meaning, as eye bags were found under her eyes.
Yoseob, however, was determined to fix their relationship.
He came by the university, only to find out that Haneul had requested a leave.
He came by her old apartment, only to find out from the landowner that she had moved.
He asked their friends, but they merely glared at him or ignored him, not giving him the answers he needed.
For months, he continued to search for her...but he found nothing.
Until one day...
“Haneul!” Yoseob shouted, chasing the girl that was running away from him.
She ran faster, tears streaming down her face as she ran as fast as she could in order to get away from him.
What she didn’t notice...
...was the truck that was driving straight towards her.
Yoseob’s eyes widened as he shouted, “Haneul! Watch out!”
But he was too late.
A body flew, being flung to the side as blood surrounded the figure.
Yoseob could only stand there, eyes widened in shock as others ran towards her to see what happened.
Snapping back into his senses, he reached her, cradling her body close as he rocked back and forth, “Haneul-ah, you can’t leave me...
...I didn’t get to apologize to you yet.
Soon enough, an ambulance came, and Yoseob sat with the paramedics who worked on her, trying to keep her alive.
He gripped her hand tightly, silently wishing that everything would be okay soon.
-
Seven hours.
That’s how long Yoseob waited outside the emergency room.
He refused to change out of his bloody clothes, for he was afraid he might miss the doctor.
He refused to eat, for he had no appetite.
As though God finally heard his prayers, the light turned dim as the doctor walked out with a stressed and defeated expression.
Yoseob stood up and ran towards the doctor, “Doctor, how was it? Will she be alright? Is she okay-”
The doctor sighed and lowered his head sadly, “I’m sorry, but she had gotten here too late. There’s nothing I can do to save her anymore. I’m sorry.”
With those words, the doctor walked away, leaving a lost boy in front of the doors of where his dead girlfriend laid.
“No, she can’t be gone,” Yoseob muttered to himself, eyes wide, “She told me she’d never leave me.”
Realizing what he just said, he laughed bitterly, “Of course she would leave me. I’ve been such a jerk to her. I forgot everything about our relationship.”
“Sir, would you like to see her?” the nurse motioned towards the doors as he nodded sadly, tears gathering in his eyes.
Leading him to the morgue, he spotted a body under a white sheet.
He dropped onto his knees, his tears finally spilling as the nurse removed the sheet, revealing his girlfriend’s face, which had become much paler than before, white as a sheet of paper.
“Haneul-ah, I’m sorry,” he sobbed, repeating the same two words that he was supposed to say months ago...
...I’m sorry.
 

“I’m sorry, Haneul-ah. Be happy with where you are now. Oppa will be with you soon.”
Five years.
Five years had passed since Haneul’s death, and she was dearly missed by everyone.
Her classmates, her teachers since kindergarten until university, her friends, her family.
Everyone.
But only one missed her the most.
He stood in front of her tomb, holding a bouquet of white roses, as they were her favorite flowers.
Setting them down, Yoseob smiled softly, “Annyeong, Haneul-ah.”
Sitting down next to the tomb, he continued to talk to her as though she was there.
“How have you been up there, Haneul?
Have you been well?
I’ve been doing fine, but I miss you a lot.”
Yoseob, holding back tears, looked up at the blue sky.
“I hope you’re doing fine, Haneul.”
As though she heard, a soft, warm breeze brushed past him, enveloping him in a comforting hug.
He closed his eyes as tears started to leak out one by one.
“I miss you, Haneul. I really do.
I’m so sorry for hurting you.
Forgive me, please.
Not knowing that someone else was there, just not visibly, he continued his sob, covering his face with his hands.
“Yoseob oppa, pabo,” a soft voice whispered, a gentle smile on her face, “Of course I’ll forgive you.”
Floating over to his side, the spirit squatted down, holding him in a hug and resting her head on his shoulder.
Feeling as though someone was there, Yoseob felt a weird feeling in his stomach.
Only Haneul’s hugs were this warm to him.
Eyes softening, he lowered his head, a small smile on his face as he relished the warm, comforting hug.
Hearing someone whisper into his ear, his face broke into a thankful smile, glad that she had forgiven him.
“You’re forgiven, Yoseob oppa. I love you.”
 

._.
I just finished writing this, and I find that nothing I wrote matched the title..../facepalm.
You guys still like it, right?
*crickets chirping* 
Hehe...^^;;
I hope you enjoyed it, and I will see you guys later~
Bye bye!
Leave a comment! Or subscribe! ^^
 
---_ExoticBabyAngel >^^<