Honey And Cinnamon

Honey And Cinnamon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygPzao91R4Y

 

The quiet winter breeze blew across the chilly streets of Seoul and Lee Taeil was off to his workplace, one of the most famous bakeries of the area. Puffs of white smoke are visible with every exhale and somehow, that entertained him. He may look a bit crazed and naive to others, but that's just him and his love for the small and simple things in life.
 
He arrived at his workplace after humming a song he always sings on the way. A certain guy who was just passing by was quietly observing the sight, enjoying the simpleton's little ray of sunshine. A thin line on his lips curved up and formed a small smile that he was unconcsious of making.
 
 
Rush hour has begun and the bakery was packed with customers. Taeil was busy at the counter entertaining all the visitors, locals and a few tourists, with a smile that didn't show any sign of difficulty. His warmth radiated all throughout the four corners and it harmonized well with the scent of freshly-baked bread and cinnamon. That's what Pyo Jihoon thought as he entered the packed bakery. A sense of calm and peace was felt in his body, mind, and soul.
 
Taeil was at the counter, entertaining a foreigner. Before anything else, it was a must for him to greet the customer. Playing safe with the conclusion that the latter couldn't really understand Korean, he thought it would be best to use English. With his usual wide and homey smile, he mustered up all the limited English he's learned and said, "Good muning! My name ijeu Taeil. How may harp you chuday?" The customer, as well as a certain observer couldn't help but hold in a little chuckle from the accent. "So cute." one thought.
 
--
 
Jihoon walked away from the counter after buying a few pieces of bread. His heart was still racing after his contact with the guy he had been observing with for the entire day. A part of him wished it could've been something more, but a greater part of him was already contented and thought that making his move was a good start.
 
He turned to look at the counter again, only to have his heart sink as he saw a different face behind the counter. He just sighed and thought that he'd just call it a day. A wide smile was plastered on his face before, upon, and after leaving the shop.
 
 
As the door closed behind him, he remembered that the weather outside was in contrast to the interior of the bakery. He hugged the warm bread he just purchased and then remembered Taeil. His body automatically felt fuzzy and warm when he thought about how cuddly the petite guy behind the counter is. His tracks were stopped when he noticed the said man going inside a pet store.
 
Intrigued, he followed suit and was dazed at the display of various animals up for sale. From cute ones like puppies and rabbits to the bizzare ones like snakes and iguanas. "Of all the pets here, there's one hippo I'd like to buy." Jihoon thought to himself with a smile.
 
He purposedly browsed the fish section on the other side of the aquarium Taeil was browsing. His chances of getting closer to the said man was 30-70 in favor of the negative, but he'd still take the risk. He mirrored the moves of the boy on the other side of the aquarium. The fascinated look on the older's face sent his heart to a frenzy.
 
Taeil was off to observe the other aquarium when he noticed a smiling face between the gap of the two aquariums. He's seen lots of familiar faces but this one's different. Blood rose to his cheeks and colored it a light pink tint. The feeling was something new to him, something he couldn't recognize. And at the same time, it's also something that makes him happy. Unusually happy. And being the kind simpleton he is, he sent a wave with a matching shy smile to him.
 
Jihoon's heart stopped for a split second, forgetting how to breathe. He was taken aback by the sudden gesture, but he managed to wave back and squeak a little "hi". "This is your chance, Pyo Jihoon! Make it work! Aish, this brain! Work properly please!" Jihoon pleaded to himself, trying to maintain a normal face. His heartbeat sped up and he could feel the blood flowing in his veins.
 
--
 
Somehow, the two of them managed to have a decent conversation in and out of the pet store. They found themselves situated next to each other in a serene park bench. The older enjoyed emitting white cloudy puffs with every exhale, making him look like a child. Jihoon once questioned him about his age, and even though the ID holds the evidence, he still couldn't believe it. Lee Taeil, to him, is a very unique masterpiece indeed.
 
Time passed so quickly and they just finished eating the last piece of bread that Jihoon brought from the store. "They say the bread you like reflects your personality." Taeil blurted out during their conversation. "What do cinnamon buns and I have in common?" Jihoon retaliated with a slight chuckle. Taeil turned to him with a smile. "Just like a cinnamon bun, you're fluffy," the younger couldn't really help but let out a wide grin, "you're sweet and tough at the same time. You're the protective type. And did I already mention that you're fluffy?" Taeil continued while Jihoon just sat there, stunned that this person whom he just met already figured him out. "Is it me or did he just seem more amazing?"
 
"What's your favorite bread, hyung?" Jihoon asked out of the blue, trying to see if the older's seemingly-bizzare but accurate theory could work out. "Honey bread!" the shorter blurted in an instant with much enthusiasm that sent color to his ears when he realized what he just did. He then shifted in his seat and continued to create white, gaseous puffs.
 
The younger scrutinized the simple-minded hyung beside him and tried comparing him to honey bread. He figured that one short, quick description couldn't sum up everything about the guy beside him and his similarity to the said pastry. "Simple, but sweet." Jihoon blurted with his deep voice. Taeil just looks at him with his perpetually dazed expression and starts to get lost in the younger's eyes.
 
"Simple, but sweet. That's you, just like honey bread. People don't really get drawn in because it's TOO simple for them, but when they get a taste, they'd want more. It's not for the materialistic and for the ones who care too much about appearance. Not grand yet contented. That's you, hyung. And your voice, it sounds like honey." Jihoon's words left Taeil red-faced and speechless.
 
There was a long silence afterwards, with Jihoon thinking whether or not he scared the object of his interest. Taeil, on the other hand, continued to stare at the ground and thought of the words nobody has dare told him before. He's made friends with people who come to the bakery regularly, but Jihoon was the first one to have this effect on him. His heart raced as the words played over and over again in his head.
 
While they were in deep thought, a small white particle fell at the tip of Jihoon's nose. It slightly tingled and it made him wrinkle his nose in reflex. Taeil saw the action and giggled. The two of them looked up to find more of it falling from the heavens. "THE FIRST SNOW!" Taeil exclaimed and hopped around like the little child he is. Jihoon stood up and followed suit. Taeil eventually lost his balance and was about to fall. He closed his eyes and prepared for the impact but he felt only warm hands on his waist and body heat radiating on his back.
 
He turned to look behind him and saw his savior; the guy who let him experience weird emotions for the first time. His heart raced and again, he was at a loss for words. Though it was a cold winter afternoon, the dominating heat on his cheeks and ears were undeniable. "One more thing, hyung." Jihoon whispered with his husky voice, breath so close to his ear that it sent the butterflies in his stomach in a frenzy of somersaults and back flips. "You're honey and I'm cinnamon. We're a weird combination but it's okay. We're unusually perfect for each other."
 
Jihoon then let go of the shorter and they faced each other. Red cheeks, red ears, fast heartbeats, blood rushing, and everything else in between. The sun began to set and Jihoon, being the straightforward guy he is, spoke first. "Well, it's getting late. We've got to get going now. I'll see you tomorrow then." Taeil just gave him a faint nod and watched him turn back with a wave and that squishy smile of his.
 
Tomorrow. The word lingers, paces to and fro, in Taeil's mind. The corners of his lips slowly curve up and then he's filled with hope and longing. He finally has something new to look forward to the next day. The butterflies though are only calmed by a fraction. It may be something he doesn't understand now, but sooner or later he's gonna figure out that he's in love.
 
 
 
A/N: Had to type this at 12:15AM because my sudden surge of TaePyo feels couldn't be helped! This couple is just so sweet and (well, BB in general) need moar love! <3 i hope you enjoyed 1570 pieces of fluffy crap.. xD