Just Say Yes

Just Say Yes [Semi-Edited]

{  Daragon Fanfic ★ }

 

Just Say Yes

One-Shot by lovelesspanda 

 

 

 

He is kneeling on one leg before me. Smiling like the happiest man on earth. In his hands is the most beautiful bouquet I have ever seen. White roses surrounded by the lavander ones. 

 

"Dara, I will make you the happiest girl alive. Just say yes Dara. Be my girl. Just say yes." Ji Yong exclaimed. I wanted to smile. Really, I want to. Murmurs were heard around the place. With his looks and charms, no one can resist him. No one but me. I narrowed my eyes as I stared blankly at him. Not giving him any emotion that is hidden under this cold facade. The flower is beautiful. I want to keep it forever because it's from him.

 

But it looks like my hand has a mind on its own. I grabbed the bouquet and turned around. The people gave way as I made my way to the bin. I didn't want to do this. But I have to. Sorry Ji Yong. I dropped the beautiful bouquet in the bin. Gasps were heard followed by murmurs. Heh, I smirked. I'm guessing that I'm gonna be the number one issue tomorrow and the following weeks. Well, everyday i'm in gossips. Good, but mostly bad ones.

 

"Dara is so heartless!"

"How can she do this to Ji Yong oppa?!"

"Good! At least she won't pass her disgusting disease to Oppa from her past guys."

"I wanna strangle that !"

"!"

"W-why?! How dare she--"

 

I muted their conversations. I was used to it. I left that park without glancing back. I didn't dare to, because if I did, i'll be asking for forgiveness. I just want to cry right now. But I won't, well atleast not yet.

 

 

"Ji Yong-ssi!" Seungri was calling me but I just ignored him. I still can't believe what i've just witnessed. I've got a reaction from Dara! I smiled to myself. Is this real? Did she really do that? You might find me weird being happy with her reaction, but! She reacted! DARA reacted! 

 

"Ya! Ji Yong! Stop smiling and spacing out! You're creeping me here!" Daesung acted as if it's cold and shivered slightly. I was still smiling. I've been courting Dara for two years, but this is the first time she reacted. Before, she would just pass by me as if i'm invisible. A hand tapped my shoulder and that made me come back to my senses.

 

I walked towards the bin where she threw the bouquet that i've made just for her. My fingers are full of wounds but I didn't care. If it's for Dara, i'll be fine. I reached for the bouquet but a hand stopped me from doing so. I glanced at my right and found Young Bae shaking his head as if saying 'no, don't'.

 

"Alright. You've had enough for today. Come on, let's go back home." Tabi's hand ruffled my hair and pulled me to the van. And we went back home, with me smiling.

 

 

"Daraaaa~ date me!" Lee Min Ho offered, holding a chocolate infront of him. He was nervous as hell but he was taking chances. He liked Dara because, well who wouldn't! She's beautiful. Her cold attitude just makes her more beautiful than she already is. Lee Min Ho is definitely attracted to Dara.

 

Dara tilted her head, cutely, as if she's thinking. She glanced for a milli second at Ji Yong's side, which is beside her, since he is annoying(cutely) Dara everyday during lunch. No one noticed her eyes glancing at him, even though everyone is looking at them. "Okay." She answered without smiling.

 

Lee min ho's jaw dropped, together with Ji Yong. Gasps where heard around the room. Dara rolled her eyes. They react way too much. She thought.

 

"WHAT?!" Ji Yong exclaimed. He was mad, no, he was furious. Not at Dara but at Lee min ho. Ji Yong was courting her for two years but a guy just like Min ho is unforgivable. They are not exactly in good terms, since he knew what his kind was. They have been competing each other since they entered highschool.  They were honestly competing using girls. Like who had who and how many girls they got. For Ji Yong, it changed eversince he saw Dara.

 

Ji Yong grabbed Dara's forearm and dragged her away from the still shocked Lee Min Ho and from the gasping audience.

 

"What are you thinking?!" Ji Yong yelled. He was raising his arms while doing so. A guy like Lee min ho, a player is not the date-a-ble type! Ji Yong thought. Sandara is calm and composed as if this happens everytime. Well, it does. Whenever a guy asks a date from her, she would always answer yes. But when it comes to Ji Yong...

 

"Why did you say okay?!" Ji Yong fumed.

 

"He was asking for date. Ugh! Why am I even explaining to you!" Dara looked annoyed but deep inside, she was happy because after two long torturous years, she had the guts to finally talk back to him. She is talking to the Dragon! How lucky is she? 

 

"Dara, don't date him. He doesn't deserve you! That guy is a player! A womanizer! You'll be his victim if you don't take it back." Ji Yong explained desperately. He really doesn't want her to be hurt by that guy. 

 

"If he doesn't deserve me, then who does? You?" Dara scoffed. "You were a player too as a matter of fact." Dara crossed her arms to keep her heart from jumping out of her body. She is really happy right now! I'll try out that acting audition next time. She giggled in her mind.

 

"Were Dara! Were! It's in past tense! I changed for you, why can't you accept me?" Ji Yong kneeled once again but now on his both knees. He had his head hung low. His hands gripping Dara's soft yet cold hands. His warm hands covered her cold ones. She wanted to make him stand but she was frozen in her place. She couldn't believe what she's seeing. A liquid fell to the ground. A tear. A tear from the oh so famous Dragon.

 

She was about to wipe his tears away when a voice called her name. "Dara!" Tsss.

 

Lee min ho just came back to his senses. How slow is he? She immediately ripped her hands away from his comfortable ones and turned around. She closed her fists unconsciously tight until it bled. I almost lost my self control! This is bad. She said to herself.

 

"Dara, how about later? Seven pm sounds good huh?" the womanizer encircled his arms around her shoulder. Dara flicked it away with disgust. 

 

"It looks like I have to turn you down. Well then, goodbye." She bid him goodbye without even apologizing and scampered away before she loses control. She might go back to Ji Yong and hug him so tightly to stop him from crying.

 

Somehow, Ji Yong sighed in relief. At least the date was cancelled. He wiped his tears away before heading at their table.

 

 

"Dara, have you found him?" Bom asked her friend Sandara. Dara shook her head and placed a cup of tea on the table. She sat on the comfortable sofa. "Sorry Bom, I haven't." Dara stated depressingly. She sighed and hugged her knees closely to her chest before resting her head on it.

 

"No, i'm the one who should be saying sorry. If it wasn't for this stupid accident, I wouldn't be asking you to find Timmy." Bom said quietly. Bom's grip on the table's edge tightened as she thought about the accident.

 

"It's alright. If it's for aunt's sake, Id be willing to help." Dara smiled lovingly at her favorite aunt. Bom's mother. Who is now sleeping motionless on a hospital bed. She was included in an accident and Bom was the only family member to accompany her mother in the hospital.

 

"Thank you." the teary-eyed Bom moved and hugged Sandara.

 

"It's nothing." Sandara lied. She will lose everything if she won't be able to find this Timmy if Ji Yong gives up.

 

 

"So... Black looks good on you." Taemin awkwardly complimented me. I looked at him weirdly. I'm currently in Taemin's house looking at his baby pictures. Secretly hoping he is the one. I really really wanted this to end.

 

"Thank you." No, he's not the one. He doesn't have a fat baby picture. Ugh. This is hard! His old pictures are really really far from the picture I had on my wallet.

 

"Soo Daraaa.." he started.

 

"I guess i'll be going now. Thank you for having me. Bye." After leaving his place, I went directly to an ice cream shop and ordered my favorite ice cream. After seating in a corner of the shop, a guy took the seat infront of me. I couldn't make out his face but i'm sure that it's a guy. I just ignored him. After five minutes of silence, I spoke. 

 

"Hey, can I tell you my problem?" 

 

"Yes." his deep voice sounded melodic in my ears. I still couldn't see his face but I think this is much better than anything else. I need to let out this feeling.

 

"I-i'm looking for someone right now. He's someone important." I started.

 

He seemed interested because he leaned slightly forward. "Who might that be? Your lover? An ex? Or a family member?" He seems too interested but whatever. 

 

I shook my head gently. "Nope. A childhood friend named Timmy. He said his goal was to pass the school i'm attending right now. A f--" suddenly, his phone rang. He excused himself before answering.

 

Well that was short. I left quickly because I'll be visiting aunt again. Hoping to never meet that guy again.

 

 

"A childhood friend?" I repeated what Tabi had said. He nodded and sighed deeply. He twisted around and left my room. Weird guy.

 

"So Dara is looking for her childhood friend named Timmy and had a goal to enter this academy." I massaged my chin while thinking deeply.

 

"Who might he be?"

 

"Here. Use this." I jerked from my chair because of Tabi's ninja skill. He handed me a photo of him when he was a child.

 

"What's this for?" I asked him. Amused to see him so fat before. His crooked smile is highly entertaining.

 

"Ji Yong, I'm positive that she is looking for me. So you can pretend to be me to be close to her." he said. What? Tabi is the one Dara is looking for? Why is she looking for him? Questions swirled in my mind but I voiced out only one question.

 

"Well, what's the plan?" I asked.

 

 

"Dara! Dara!" Ji Yong's voice filled my ears. Ah his voice so sweet. Just by hearing his voice makes me so happy~! I'm happpppy! Really happy because he doesn't hate me for making him cry. "What?" I asked, feigning irritation. Maybe I should apply as an actress. I'm so good in pretending and masking my emotions. hehehe.

 

"Here, receive all of me. This is the album where different kinds of me is located. I want you to think of me when you're sad. I want you to smile when you look at me, at the pictures of me." he smiled making my heart beat faster than normal.

 

"I-i--" I was about to reject it but he cutted me off.

 

"No! Please don't throw this away. Just this once okay? Accept all of me. Good day!" he shoved the album in my hands before scampering away. Pictures of him? Wha -- Why? My forehead creased as my eyebrows meet.

 

What the... A picture of him! Omo~ what to do?!

 

I am smiling and humming to myself as I walked alone on the deserted hallways and made my way to the rooftop. I admired the cover by gently touching it over a few times. And as soon as I opened the album, My smile fell. J-ji Yong is... Ji yong was... What the?! Ji Yong is the person Bom is looking for?! Of all the guys out there! Why must it be him?!

 

My mind is too confused to actually think straightly. Only one thing is on my mind. 

I found him.

 

Tears escaped by eyes and before I know it, I was silently weeping. Wishing that all of this is just a simple mistake. Right. Sht no! Who am I kidding?! I'd seen it with my two eyes! He is the one i'm looking for! My fear came true. I was scared of answering him because I know I can't handle it if he is Timmy. But now...

 

My heart is aching. I hate this feeling.

 

 

When the bell rung signalling for lunch, I quickly searched for Dara and found her sitting by herself at the garden. Excitedly, I seated beside her. Her head is hanging low as if she's sleeping. Such a beautiful face. Her pale skin made her even more beautiful. Then I saw a stray tear fell from her left eye. Slowly she opened her eyes.

 

Is she crying? My brows furrowed as I stared at her beautiful eyes.

 

"Ji-Ji Yong!" she exclaimed. Woah what? I saw another emotion from her. Woah. She is totally surprised to see me. She immediately wiped her face using the back of her palm. I smiled at her lovingly though she didn't return it. Instead she frowned.

 

 

"Can we meet after school?" she asked quietly. I nodded eagerly; though she really looked sad.

 

I held her chin up and asked "Is there something bothering you?"

 

 

"What are we doing here?" I asked Dara for the nth time. Maybe she wants me to meet her parents. Oh God, i'm not ready! I wasn't prepared! But what are they doing here? What the heck. Why are we in the hospital?

 

"Shh" she placed her index finger against her soft pink lips.

 

"Just follow me." she stated coldly. I followed her, as she commanded. We went inside a dark room. Only an even sound from the heart monitor is heard.

 

"Do you remember her? Timmy?" she asked. I just stared. I didn't know what to answer.

 

"What happened to her?" I asked in a shaky voice. I hate seeing people sleeping for such a long time. I feel sorry for them.

 

"She was involved in a car accident and she is still in coma." Dara explained. She fidgeted her fingers.

 

"Is that so?" my face was blank.

 

"Wanna know why i'm looking for you?" I nodded, excited but scared at the same time. Why is she looking for Tabi?

 

"Because you have to marry Bom Unnie." she stated flatly, with no emotion.

 

"WHAT!? I CAN'T! I want to be with you! Not some other girl!"

 

**

 

"Dara! Dara!" Bom's voice echoed in the hallway making me and Ji Yong startled. She entered the room with a guy behind her. They were both breathing heavily.

 

"Wait! I need air!" Bom rested against the wall while the handsome guy sat on the couch. They were panting heavily but recovered after five minutes of resting. We just stared at them, well I stared at the guy because he is somewhat familiar.

 

"I have to tell you something!" I exclaimed!

 

"No! Me first!"

 

"I FOUND TIMMY!" I exclaimed at the same time with her.

 

"What?" both of us asked each other.

 

"Dara-ssi! This is Tabi a.k.a T.O.P slash Choi Seunghyun slash Timmmmy!~" Bom introduce Tabi to me. Tabi smiled at me.

 

I narrowed my eyes at Ji Yong. He smiled sheepishly. "You're FAKE?!" I asked in disbelief.

 

He raised his arms in defeat. "Hey! That wasn't my idea! Tabi was the one who did it!" he pointed Tabi which smiled sheepishly too.

 

"Whatever! You lied!" I yelled. Mixed feelings. Whatever but deeeeep deeep down inside me, I'm happy. I really am.

 

Why?  It's because:

 

(1) Bom unnie found Timmy~ That means I don't have to date guys just to look for their pictures.

 

(2) I can now tell Ji Yong what I really feel without hesitating! At last! After two torturous years I won't be rejecting him!

 

(3) I won't be crying every night because of guilt. 

 

"Are you mad?" Ji Yong asked while tugging at my sleeve. I crossed my arms and avoided his gaze. I'm blushing, geez. "Yes." Heat went up my face. I knew it, i'm better off pretending than being honest with my feelings. He cupped my chin and made me look at him.

 

"Are you blushing?" He leaned in to check causing me to blush more. I pushed him away.

 

"N-no i'm not! Don't touch me!" I denied. Having him so close to me makes my heart go wild. 

 

"You are blushing!" He chirped happily. I blushed even more. I tried hiding it but... I'm so happy!

 

"YAH! You two lovebirds can flirt but not here okay? Go down and flirt in the garden." Bom unnie commanded. I smirked at her. Knowing she wants to be alone with the guy.

 

"Gee, you just want Tabi and the room all for yourself huh?" I teased. She blushed and denied it. "N-no way!" Tabi then wrapped his arm around Unnie's shoulder and said "Don't worry, I'm all yours." making Bom unnie's face redder than an apple.

 

She just covered her face and hid on Tabi's chest. Aaah~ so cute. I laughed at their greasy-ness.

 

 

"Here." I handed Dara a can of diet coke. She accepted it and I sat down on the bench next to her. I propped my elbow on my knees and glanced at Dara. Ah. I remember the first time I met her.

 

 

"Ji Yong!" Young bae called me. He was running towards me and he is smiling.

 

"What?" I asked as he reached me. He coughed for a moment then answered.

 

"Have you seen Dara?" He asked, still smiling that it's already creeping me out.

 

"Dara?" I scrunched my nose.

 

"Who's she?" I asked cluelessly. Young bae then pulled me to the gym.

 

"She's your dream girl J." he pointed at a girl that really looks like the girl in my dreams. Her soft and beautiful face, pale skin and pretty eyes really matched.

 

"I-i" I was speechless. I didn't know what to do. Bae slapped me on my back and pushed me towards this Dara girl. Surprised, she glanced at me. Oh, she's more beautiful up close.

 

"Hey." I greeted nervously while holding my nape, looking like a damned fool. I'm gonna beat Young Bae later for this. She just raised her brow as if asking who am I.

 

"Ah- I'm Ji Yong." I switched on my charming side and smiled at her. Whenever I do this smile, every girl stops and stares at me. But I didn't get any reaction from her.

 

She just passed by me and bumped my shoulder. Ever since then, my heart belonged to her.

 

 

"Stop stariiing!" she demanded with a cute huff making me smile even more.

 

"Aigoooo~ Stop smiliing!" I then laughed at her cuteness.

 

"Yaaaaah! Stop laughing!" She furrowed her brows cutely.

 

I stopped laughing and asked. "Why?"

 

"Stop talking!"

 

"But whyy?"

 

"Just stop okay?" she covered her ears with her hands. I gently removed it but she is so persistent.

 

"Don't wanna. Whyy first?" I can be stubborn as I want to and I pouted.

 

"Stoooop!" she demanded cutely.

 

"Whhyyy?" I asked and stared at her.

 

"Because it's making me fall in love with you even more than normal!"

 

I stopped smiling. Processing what she had just said. "Y-you love me?" I asked stupidly.

 

"I already said it. I'm not gonna repeat it." she huffed.

 

"You love me." I said mostly to myself.

 

"Yeah yeah. I do." Her cheeks were red making her more beautiful.

 

"You love me! YOU LOVE ME!" I happily yelled. She pushed my back and said,

 

"You don't have to yell it! I'm already embarassed as it is. Stop it." She covered her red face shyly. How can someone be so cute yet so beautiful at the same time?!

 

"Dara, be with me. Be my girl. I love you. Just say yes." I held her hand ang kissed her forehead. I'm so head over heels for this girl.

 

"What if I don't want to say yes?" she raised her brows.

 

"Well then I'm gonna make you." I answered.

 

"What if..." she bit her lip and leaned close to me. She gently kissed my cheeks before whispering in my ear

"I want to say Okay?"