Tough Life

A BELATED ROSE

 

CHAPTER 16: TOUGH LIFE

CHARACTERS: Jessica, Jonghyun

 

In the high school in Seoul, Jessica lied down on the table and cried. She was alone because it’s too early before lesson starts. Jessica came to school early because she doesn’t want to stay at home, even 1 second. She felt unfair because of her tough life…

FLASHBACK

Jessica back to home, her father was drunk.

Sica’s father:”Useless crap…Only know how to study…”

Jessica keeps quiet.

Sica’s father:”Why don’t you go to work…study…study…you like that witch…I work hard to feed her…what she done to me…ran away…”

Jessica:*angry*”Feed us…you only know how to gamble, did you take care of us…no…no at all…you only beat us if you lose…”

Sica’s father slapped Jessica as hard as he could

Sica’s father:”If I didn’t gamble, where you can get money to study…

Jessica:”The school fees?You gave me? Did you know how I get this money? I work hard to get it, and you snatch my money for gambling…

Sica’s father:”You…die better…”

Jessica refrained her tears and ran out of the house with her clothes…

Jessica:*sobbing*”I won’t be back again…You’re not my father…”

END OF FLASHBACK

Jessica stand up and leave the school, she wanted to go for a walk in the park nearby… No guards stopped her because school hasn’t start…

Coincidentally, Jonghyun from Incheon saw her…Jonghyun just visit his parents at Seoul and saw Jessica…

Jonghyun:”Miss…are you okay?”

Jessica:*wiping tears*”Leave me alone…”

Jonghyun:”What’s happened, maybe I can help…”

Jessica:*angrily*”Leave me alone, please…”

Jonghyun:”Okay, I won’t disturb you, but I won’t leave…”

Jessica keeps crying, Jonghyun sits quietly beside Jessica. After a while, Jessica starts to speak…

Jessica:”Where are you from? You are not from Seoul, right?”

Jonghyun:”Yes…I am a student of Incheon High School…I visit my parents in Seoul just now…”

Jessica:”What are you doing here?”

Jonghyun:”I saw you were crying alone, I’m worry so came to have a look…”

Jessica:”Why you so nosy?”

Jonghyun:*smiled*”I have a sister, but she died because I didn’t take care of her well…”

Jessica:”Sorry…”

Jonghyun:”Never mind. That day, I saw her crying sadly, I don’t even ask her what happened…In the next day, she killed herself, without reason. If I ask her what happened, maybe she wouldn’t suicide. This is my fault… Until now, I don’t even know why she wanted to kill herself…”

Jessica:”You scared I killed myself?”

Jonghyun:”Life is precious, don’t do something stupid, what happened to you?”

Jessica:”I have a father, but he always scolded me for no reason. He only know how to gambling, so I left him…”

Jonghyun:”Where you want to go now?”

Jessica:”Don’t know…”

Jonghyun:”Where is your friends?”

Jessica:”They are in the school…School? I need to go now … I’m late…”

Jonghyun:”Ok…”

Jessica:”Oh yes, my name is Jessica…”

Jonghyun:”Jonghyun…Lee Jonghyun, this is my phone number…Called me if you need help…”

Jessica:”Bye…”

Jonghyun:”Don’t do something stupid…”