On the slopes (Nichkhun): Chapter 3

On the slopes (Nichkhun)

"Alright! I'll see you guys at the bottom!" you squealed, throwing on your skis! You were a much more avid skiier than Nicole and Grace were, needless to say, since you had been skiing since you were 12.

As you slipped down the hump at the top of the slope, you began to pick up speed. After so long of not skiing, you were surprised you were still so good. You bent lower, moved your feet together as your skis glid over the bumpy snow. The wind beat against your face and you breathed in a breath of fresh cool air. It was winter here in Seoul, and you were enjoying it. You skilfully skiied past the beginners, other skiiers and snowboarders, the trees, round the bends, down the slopes, up and over humps - boy, was it fun!

Chuckling, you hummed to the tune that was being played through the speakers on the slopes. This. Was the life. Man, and it felt good. You felt so free! Standing up on your skis as you were still going down-slope, you yelled, "Woooohoooooo!!!" You laughed and felt yourself feeling light as you zoomed past everyone else.

Then all of a sudden, another skiier, dressed in all black, cut into your path. You swerved with all your might to the left, but were not fast enough. You hit the skiier in front of you with such force that the anonymous skiier also lost his balance and the two of you were sent tumbling down the slope. Pain seared through your body as the two of you came to a halt. Frick....you thought to yourself as you lay in the snow, limbs numb from the fall. What just happened??

"OH MY GOSH. Gwaenchana?! Jwesonghapnida! Jinjja jwesonghapnida! Aigoo..." your fellow skiier exclaimed as he got up and ran to check if you were okay.

"I-It's okay. I'm fine." you stammered in response, still trying to get your bearing. Your head was spinning from the collision. You were still in shock!

"Oh you speak English? I'm so sorry Ma'am, I didn't notice you coming. Are you alright? Oh dear. Should I get the medics? I think I should. Just wait here..." he mumbled.

"Wait! No. It's okay, I'm fine!" you slowly got up, "Stop. I'm fine, really."

Just then, another skiier skidde to a halt next to you and quickly removed his skis. "Nic! What happened?! What did you do??"

You looked up to see another tall skiier, dressed in a grey checkered suit come up to you. "Ma'am! Are you okay? Man, Nic, what did you do??!"

"I-It was just an..an accident, okay Taec?! We just collided...a little...and I offered to call the medics but she didn't want me to. So..." The one in black answered, kneeing down to help remove your skis.

"Really, guys. It's okay. Thanks so much. But it's okay, it was just an accident." you smiled.

"Well, I'm still really sorry. If there's anything I can do..would you like a drink?" he asked. You nodded in agreement. Yeah, that would be good.