On the slopes (Nichkhun): Chapter 2

On the slopes (Nichkhun)

[The Next Morning]

“Good morning, sleepyhead! Wake up, Chloe!” Nicole and Grace shouted around you. Pulling your blanket over your head, you groaned, “Give me 15 minutes!”

“No way! It’s 9 in the morning and it’s time to get up, up, up!”

“You selfish creeps…I went out to rent our ski stuff last night, you know!”

“Oh…haha, alright then, fine. You get another 15 minutes. We’ll go wash up first okay? We’ll call you when breakfast is ready.”

You nodded your head in approval and listened as they shut the door. Then you drifted off back to sleep.

A while later, you heard knocks on your door again. Gah, is it time to get up already?? You thought. You sat up in bed as you saw the two of them enter the room. “We made sandwiches!” they exclaimed. Great, you thought, I’m pretty hungry right now. You smiled at them and said “Thanks guys.” before jumping up and heading to the bathroom to wash up and change before heading to the table. Nicole and Grace were already sitting down when you arrived at the table.

“Alright guys, I went to rent our ski stuff last night, and here are our ski passes for the next 5 days. These are for both skiers and snowboarders so if you guys are thinking of trying out snowboarding – I am by the way – then no need to reapply for the ski pass…” you started as you briefed them on rental and locker procedures.

“Thanks Chloe! We really appreciate it!” they chimed, hugging you.

“Eww!! Are your hands dirty? Wipe your hands now!” you laughed and exclaimed.

After finishing breakfast and donning your ski outfits, you three headed out into the snow. Walking out, you slipped your gloves on and pulled your hood over your head. Not surprisingly, your suit was purple. That was your favourite colour. Pants were black though, couldn’t be looking totally purple!

“Whoa, how come there are so many young Korean people staying in this apartment?” Nicole commented.

“Hmm, I don’t know…is it their winter break or something? And anyway, the apartment is much cheaper than the hotel, so it’s not surprising so many Koreans want to stay here and not at the hotel.” you replied thoughtfully.

As the three of you walked up the slope to the lockers to get you ski items, you noted how slippery the brick floor was. “Whoa guys, we need to be really careful, don’t want to run and fall down on this thing.”

“Yeah! It’s so icy.” Grace added. You all shrugged and slowed your pace down. Brr…you thought, shivering to yourself. You pulled your hood over your head as the wind had blown it down and stuffed your hands into your pockets. You snuggled your chin deep into your scarf.

“Haha, Chloe, you look so cute!” Grace giggled as she threw her hands over your shoulders. You looked up and laughed, exclaiming, “It’s freaking cold!” Nicole looked over and laughed too. Sigh, I’m so glad I’m here, you thought as the three of you reached the top of the slope. The sun shone brightly on the snow-covered mountain, and for a while, you were worried that the slope would melt.