Like a Child

The Man who never Dies

Daehyun sighed as he propped himself up on his bed and stared out of the window.

Bad move, Daehyun, he thought. He had completely forgotten about not letting So Eun get emotionally attached to him last night. What was he thinking, giving in to Youngjae's mindless threats?

He had to admit, a part of him wanted to go on this date with her, even if it was for a few hours. A very large part of him.

Daehyun closed his eyes and massaged his temples. He had to think positive. Just because he kind of smiled at So Eun didn't mean she was falling for him right?

Who was he anyway? Rain or Song Seunghun? Meh.

As far as he knew, he was still considerably mean towards her. She wouldn't be THAT blind to grow fond of a bastard like him, would she?

Daehyun got out of bed and trudged to his door, sighing. His goal, he had to remember his goal.

He opened the door at the same time So Eun did. She had already washed up as was wearing a cute cotton tee with prints and a short bright blue shorts.

Her face lit up brilliantly when she saw him and she beamed. "Morning Daehyun."

Daehyun nearly smiled back. It was so difficult not to when she was smiling like that at him. He swallowed and closed his eyes momentarily. *Focus, Daehyun. Focus.*

Daehyun ignored her greeting and strode towards their common bathroom, slamming the door behind him. So Eun watched him go and she let out a little sigh. "That's the Daehyun I know." She murmured, rubbing her temples. "You imagined his look yesterday, So Eun. Stop dwelling on it."

-----

"Bye So Eun! Bye Daehyun!" Mr and Mrs Kim waved goodbye.

So Eun waved back cheerfully and Daehyun just stood there beside her. Crap. Crap crap crap.

It was still Sunday so there wasn't school. Mr and Mrs Kim had some emergency things to do at the charity organization and they had to rush to work.

They had still been trying to find out where Daehyun had been born in, and when his birthday was whatever, but Daehyun kept saying he didn't remember anything. Or he didn't want to say. How could you tell someone that you were a thousand and ninety five years old?

Anyway, since the parents were out, only So Eun and him were left at home. Alone.

Damn, it wasn't a good sign.

As soon as the parents disappeared out of sight, Daehyun strode up the stairs to his room and shut the door. So Eun jumped up at the sound and blinked at his shut door. She pouted lightly and scratched her head. "What's up with him?"

She went back to her room and tried to amuse herself with her numerous books. They didn't hold on to her attention for long when she was so restless, and she grabbed her phone, calling the other BAP boys.

They were busy with their own families and didn't have time for her, and So Eun could only put her phone down reluctantly.

She glanced at the door and a little grin appeared on her face. Aha, there was still one more.

Daehyun was sitting on the chair by the window when So Eun suddenly barged into his room without knocking. He jumped out of his chair in surprise as she strolled in casually and plopped herself on his bed, hugging one of his pillows.

Her body didn't stay straight for long and she fell backwards to lie completely on his bed, looking at ease. "Daehyun, I'm bored."

Daehyun coughed. She was bored??? And she just strolled into a guy's room without knocking and laid down on his bed like that? Did she trust him that much?

"You didn't knock." Daehyun muttered in a low voice.

So Eun looked at him. "For your information, I did. But since you didn't answer, I just came in. What were you thinking about, sitting by the window?"

*You.* Daehyun looked away and cleared his throat. "None of your business." He turned to look at her and frowned. "What are you doing in my room? On my bed?"

So Eun grinned at him. "I thought I mentioned I was bored." She huffed. "Amuse me, Daehyun."

Daehyun pressed his lips in a firm line and looked at her with a hard expression. "Amuse yourself."

Daehyun grabbed a jacket and went out of the room. Man, since when did the room seem so small? He felt as if he was so close to her. Too close.

He strode towards the door, wanting to go for a walk when he heard So Eun rushing after him. "Yah where are you going?"

"Out." Daehyun wore his socks.

So Eun frowned and rushed towards him, tugging his sleeve. "Wait for me. I want to go too."

"No." Daehyun wore his other sock. "Don't follow me."

"Yah." So Eun pouted. "If you're not waiting for me, I'll follow you out wearing this." She pointed to herself.

Daehyun eyed her bare legs and thin shirt and his stomach lurched at the thought of the many guys who would drool at the sight of her. Damn, he felt so uncomfortable at the thought of it.

He sighed and leaned against the back of the seat. "Fine. I'll wait."

So Eun broke into a grin. "Great. You better wait while I change or I'll run after you and find you no matter what it takes!" She ran up the stairs again.

Daehyun sighed and shook his head. Great, now with her around how was he going to clear his mind?

He tried to wear his shoes quickly to run away before So Eun got down, but So Eun had apparently rushed through changing as well, scared that he would leave without her.

So Eun eyed him as he held onto the doorknob with his shoes already worn and she huffed. "I knew it. You were about to run off without me." She made a face. "Don't you dare." She wagged her finger.

She grabbed her keys and followed after him, closing the door behind them. Daehyun took in her attire and felt his heart skip a beat.

She changed into a red hoodie and thicker shorts and even bothered to put a cute hairband. She looked adorable to him, no matter what she wore.

Daehyun quickly looked away to fix his expression, knowing his eyes would give him away if she saw the adoration in his eyes. So Eun tapped him on the shoulder and grinned. "Where are we going?"

"I'm taking a walk. I don't know about you." Daehyun shoved his hands into his pockets and began walking to the streets where there were few shop houses.

So Eun quickly followed, skipping beside him. "Oh? Then me too. I'm going for a walk." She sent him a goofy grin.

Daehyun looked away to hide a smile. The two of them strolled side by side to the whole street of shop houses. Daehyun looked around the familiar street which he often frequented since he found where the So Eun of this life lived.

"Oh look, the bakery's open." So Eun pointed. "Their bread is the best. I remember crying for it when I was young." She tapped her chin.

Daehyun bit his lip, chuckling. Of course he knew. He was there when it happened.

He had been following after So Eun for around a year after finding her and she had been around six at that time. Mrs Kim had brought So Eun marketing together with Youngjae and when they passed the bakery, the aroma of the bread was too alluring to ignore.

The problem was that So Eun had already eaten breakfast and Mrs Kim wouldn't buy the bread for her. So Eun had tip toed as she gazed longingly into the glass cases and saw the various types of bread on sale.

It was more than a six year old could take and before she knew it, she ha burst into tears and was wailing so loudly, she could be heard from the end of the street.

Daehyun had been hiding behind a pillar, amused. His girl had been adorable since young, apparently. Or perhaps he was just biased.

"Hey let's go there." So Eun pulled Daehyun's arm towards a shop selling toys. Daehyun stared at her hand on his arm and sent her a look when she turned around to look at him.

So Eun followed his gaze and rolled her eyes. "Oh stop being such a prude all the time. I'm just touching your arm." She waved the matter off. Daehyun's jaw dropped. Did she just....???

Daehyun was pulled into the shop after her and he blinked around him. There were so many different toys around that he felt slightly dizzy just looking at them and hearing the kids in the shop squeal and laugh.

"You're about to turn eighteen and you're still looking at toys?" Daehyun murmured, slightly amused.

So Eun grinned at him. "I'm young at heart." She wandered around the shop, easily amused by everything. Daehyun eyed the little toys around in wonder. He never had these things before when he was young. Like duh.

So Eun stepped into the middle of the store where there was a super large wooden train set laid out for the kids to play, and a train chugging through the course. There were a lot of other little toys and animals around as well and the whole set up looked really grand.

So Eun let out a squeal and ran towards the train track, watching it run past her. "Gosh, how I wish I was still a kid. The toys these days are so much nicer than those when I was a kid." She lamented.

Daehyun twisted his lips wistfully. "You don't say." He remembered the days when his mother would let him stack a few dried persimmons and he would already squeal happily.

Daehyun leaned closer to the train set and he reached out to touch the main cabin. The train gave our a jet of steam at that point and he stepped back, alarmed.

"HAHAHAHA you should have seen your face!" So Eun laughed loudly. Daehyun sent her a look and twisted his lips.

So Eun chuckled softly as she went over to another set up where there were a few children playing with race cars. So Eun grabbed one of the remotes and passed it to Daehyun. "I think it's for the red car over there."

She took another remote for herself and started steering the car here and there, accelerating through the small space.

Daehyun stared at the foreign device in his hands and scratched his head. What the...

He pressed a random button and his car zoomed backwards, hitting into another yellow car, sending it toppling upside down. A small boy of around seven years old pouted and stared at Daehyun. "Hyung-nim! You toppled my car!"

"Mianhae." Daehyun quickly righted the yellow car, slightly alarmed.

He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as he watched the kid continue playing the car like an expert while he stared at his own remote as if it came from out of space.

He heard soft chuckling from beside him and turned, only to see So Eun laughing at him. Daehyun swallowed. You saw that?"

"Yes I did." So Eun stifled a laugh. "It was hard not to notice the commotion with him wailing so loudly." She sidled nearer to him and grabbed the remote from his hands. "Haven't you played a car like this before?"

Daehyun cleared his throat in embarrassment and So Eun smiled. "Don't worry, these are easy to play with. Press these arrows if you want to go right or left and to accelerate, press this one. The one left is to go backwards. It's easy isn't it?" She passed the remote back to him.

Daehyun took the remote slowly and stared at it in awe. He randomly pressed a button and his car moved to the left. His face lit up and he pressed another one, sending the car to the right.

Daehyun slowly maneuvered the car along the designated tracks, his attention completely focused on what he was doing. Compared to the other kids that were absolutely experts at these race cars, Daehyun looked like an amateur.

However, he was having a time of his life as he slowly got the hang of it, his smile getting wider.

So Eun watched him and smiled. It wasn't often when she could see Daehyun letting go of his guard so easily and who knew it was a simple toy car that could do the trick. She must remember to bring him here more often.

Daehyun looked really cool and cold at first glance, but really, when she saw him behave like that in a toy shop, he was actually really cute.

So Eun laughed softly as Daehyun furrowed his brows as he tried to overtake the little boy's car which he was trying to overtake and accidentally pressed the reverse button. How adorable.

Daehyun finally tore his eyes away from the toy car and caught So Eun staring at him with her eyes twinkling with laughter. He blinked self consciously and raised a brow. "What?" He asked curtly.

So Eun made a face before turning away to hide a smile. Daehyun cleared his throat as he set the remote down. "Not very interesting." He muttered.

So Eun nearly laughed out loud. Not very interesting??

"Let's go-" Daehyun faltered when he saw a bunch of robot models. "Hey what are those?" He darted over quickly.

So Eun laughed as she followed after him. Aigoo.