FINAL

Breaking the ice(YoonSic version)

 

YOONA'S POV:

 

 

DAY 11:

 

 

A smile formed on my lips seeing Jessica peacefully sitting under the tree of our school's park. She had her eyes shut close while listening to the music that was playing on her iPod.

 

It's quite surprising that no one's approaching her.

 

I bet right now, she feels like in heaven.

 

But Oh well, I will ruin it.

 

"Gorjess." I softly called as I removed the headset on her ears, making her eyes fluttered open.

 

She tilted her head and instantly shot me a glare as to acknowledge my presence.

 

I trembled.

 

Yah! Why am I still affected with that glare?

 

"Jessica, you know I really want to--"

 

She snorted."Still not giving up, huh?"

 

"No. I just want to be frie--"

 

"Go away, giraffe!"

 

I clenched my fist.

 

This girl!

 

How dare her called me giraffe for the second time?

 

"I will not go." I firmly stated, letting her know that I'm not the type of a person that will easily give up.

 

She just ignored me and went to plug the headset back on her ears before closing her eyes again.

 

I sighed.

 

I don't know what to do now.

 

 

---

 

 

DAY 12:

 

 

Okay!

 

So I only have 18 days left and there's still no progress. Damn it!

 

Jessica Jung, can't you see my real intention?

 

I don't freaking care about the bet! All I want is to make you realize that I'm not like them.

 

Okay! I admit, at first I really want the prize but after reading your diary, I don't think I even care about it now.

 

I tilted my head over my shoulder to look at Jessica whose busy spacing out. Realizing that I'm staring at her, she glared at me which made me quickly moved my head back at the front.

 

Tch! So scary!

 

She seriously looks like the girl in the well on the movie I've just watched yesterday.

 

Argh!

 

"Good morning class."

 

My thoughts about Jessica instantly vanished when our professor stepped inside our classroom.

 

"Okay class, I would like you to know that you have a new classmate."

 

Oohh! New classmate.

 

Mr. Kim then beckoned to whoever was on the door to enter. And out came was a tall, masculine, handsome, OMO! almost perfect guy!

 

He flashed a small smile which earned muffled squeals from the girls in the class. Well, except me..and maybe Jessica. I then furtively looked back to confirm if our ice princess didn't really squeal but was left surprised and frightened at the same time when I witnessed how she's throwing deathly glare to our new classmate.

 

Seriously! What's wrong with her?

 

The guy is not yet even hitting on her

 

"Good morning classmates! I'm Wu Yi Fan but you guys can just call me Kris. I'm a transfer student from Gangnam University. And aahh.. Yeah! I hope you'll take good care of me. Thank you!"

 

"Okay! You can take the vacant seat on the third row."

 

I just kept my eyes at him as he made his way towards the said chair.

 

And I don't know why I feel like there's something wrong at the moment he sat down.

 

 

 

 

I rushed out from the room when I noticed that Jessica had already leaved.

 

I can't just waste another day.

 

My main agenda for today is to at least have a 10 minutes conversation with her. And the next day is 15 minutes, then the other day is 20, until we grew fond of each other and she would learn to trust me and TADA! Mission Complete!

 

I was about to turn left where the locker section is when I suddenly heard familiar voices from the right corner near the restroom.

 

Out of curiosity, I quietly followed the direction of the voices and was left gaping after seeing Jessica with the new student.

 

I knew it!

 

They knew each other!

 

"Isn't it obvious? I came back for you." I heard Kris said.

 

"I don't have the time to play with you, Kris."

 

He then inch closer to Jessica which leads her to be trapped on the wall with his arms on both side of her head.

 

"I want you back, Jessica." he huskily whispered, slowly leaning in for a kiss but failed when she tilted her head to the side.

 

"You just want me because of the million dollars, right?" she softly asked.

 

I narrowed my eyes.

 

In the tone of her voice, I can say that she's somehow hoping that Kris would say no.

 

She still loves him.

 

He sarcastically laughed."Oh?! Finally! I thought you're too stupid to even realize my real intention! Now that--" the rest of what he was about to say left unsaid when Jessica slapped him.

 

"Damn you! Damn you, Kris! I hate you!" she hissed as tears start rolling down her cheeks.

 

I felt my heart squeezed at the scene that unfolds right into my eyes.

 

I clenched my fist.

 

"You hate me? Stop the nonsense, Jessica. I know you're crazy for me. So just stop playing hard to get."

 

" you!"

 

He leaned forward."Don't you miss my kisses? Huh Jessica?"

 

Finally having the strength, she pushed him."Go away!"

 

He smirked."Fine! I'll let you pass right now since I kinda get tired of talking with you. Let's just see each other tomorrow. Bye, Jessica!"

 

I bit my lower lip, trying hard not to beat the hell out of him when he walked away, leaving her helpless behind.

 

I then shifted my gaze back at Jessica who now had her head buried on her knees.

 

"Jessica..." I softly called as I neared her.

 

She lifted her head and rage instantly filled her eyes the moment she sees me. She quickly took her bag and ran away but not before making sure that she had sent me a glare.

 

I closed my eyes.

 

I pity her.

 

 

---

 

 

 

DAY 13:

 

 

"Jessica, this is for you." I said as I extend my arm to give her the flowers.

 

She closed her locker before alternating her gaze at me and the bouquet.

 

A smile crept on my face when she took it but that didn't last long when she vulgarly threw it on the trash can afterwards.

 

I sighed.

 

Okay! So I waste my 50 dollars.

 

She starts walking towards our room and so I followed her.

 

"Jessica, let me carry those for you." I offered, attempting to get her things only to be swatted away.

 

She glared at me."What are you? A thief?"

 

I furtively gritted my teeth.

 

This girl!

 

I grabbed her wrist to stop her from walking."Jessica, just give me a chance."

 

"Chance what?"

 

"Chance to prove you that I'm not like them and that you can trust on me."

 

She smirked."You're the 100th person who said that." she informed as she removed my hand and continue on walking.

 

For the second time, I held her wrist and turned her to face me."But I'm the only sincere one." I seriously muttered, looking directly into her eyes.

 

She didn't say anything and just stares back into my eyes.

 

"I don't give a damn to that million dollars. All I want is to get close to you. I mean, okay! To be honest, at first I'm really tempted at the prize but then now.. I don't think I even care about it."

 

After a minute of silence, she then flashed a bitter smile."Stay away from me." she firmly stated before walking away.

 

I mentally smacked myself.

 

Tch! Wrong choice of words.

 

 

----

 

DAY 17:

 

 

Days had passed of trying hard to reach her but still ended up disappointed. I've tried giving her chocolates, flowers and letters but she would just throw it away. And I'm seriously tired of wasting my allowance on the trash bin. Actually there was this one time where I gave her a cake in which I especially baked just for her but in return to my kindness, she just used that cake to throw it full on my face which earned laughters from my classmate. I'm so pissed at the time and was ready to shout at her but then her helpless image that I've seen days ago flashed on my mind.

 

I know behind that rudeness, there's still kindness that was hiding inside of her and I'm more than willing to see it for myself.

 

I understand her and I pity her. If I were on her position, I would do the same.

 

And today, I only have 13 days left but there's still no... Hmm.. maybe there's a bit progress.

 

I was walking towards the rooftop where I could doze for at least an hour before our class starts again when I noticed a bunch of students gathering over a certain place.

 

Curiosity got the best of me as I walked towards them and peeked on what the commotion is all about.

 

My eyes widened in horror seeing Jessica with her natural stoic face while holding an empty bottle of wine and right in front of her is Taecyeon who's soaking wet from head to toe.

 

I nervously gulped.

 

My God! What did she do this time?

 

"Jessica, You're going to pay for this!" he growled as he aimed a punch towards Jessica but thanks God, I'm quick enough to stop his fist from landing on her smooth face.

 

"Yah! Im Yoona! Move away from her or else, I have no other choice!" he warned.

 

"Taecyeon, come on! Why fight with a girl? Don't tell me you're gay?"

 

"Look at what she did to me!" he reasoned out.

 

"Just let it pass, Taecyeon."

 

"No! Now, if you're not going to move away then sorry!"

 

"I told you to stay away from me, right?" I suddenly heard Jessica muttered through gritted teeth.

 

Tch! And she still dares to get mad at me, huh?!

 

I managed to glare at her before I felt a stinging pain on my stomach. Blood ooze out from the corner of my mouth and just when I was about to wipe it, another punch was made on my face.

 

Ugh! Damn it! I can't even fight back.

 

I giddily walked towards him, attempting to get my revenge but groaned when he just easily dodge it. He grips my arm and twirled it before kicking my stomach once again.

 

I clutched on my pained tummy. I'm really helpless right now.

 

I should've known better than to meddle with their business.

 

Somebody help me!

 

"What's going on there?" a loud baritone voice suddenly boomed, scaring the hell out of the students around us.

 

Panicked, they rushed away from the scene including the almighty Taecyeon, leaving me and Jessica behind.

 

"Im Yoona?"

 

I shot my head up at the source of the voice only to see Mr. Kim shaking his head disappointedly.

 

"I didn't expect you this time, Ms. Im. I guess we have to meet each other at the detention room." he informed before walking away.

 

I just let out a heavy sigh. I was about to stand up when I heard Jessica speak.

 

"If you're thinking I would thank or praised you with what you did, then you're wrong. That's what you get for interfering with other's business."

 

Great!

 

Just great!

 

 

----

 

 

DAY 18:

 

 

All eyes were on me, the moment I limply stepped inside our classroom.

 

Suzy and her gang then worriedly approach me.

 

"Yoona, I heard you had a fight with Taecyeon yesterday. Are you okay?"

 

I flashed her a small smile before nodding. I continued walking towards my chair with them still following me.

 

"Taecyeon is really a jerk! Do you want us to punish him?" Nicole asked.

 

I chuckled."No. No. You don't have to do that. Don't worry, I'm okay." I assured before signaling them to go back on their seats.

 

I glanced at my back and noticed Kris was sitting beside Jessica. The latter has her face contorted as if she'll about to explode in any minute while he has that annoying smirk playing on his lips.

 

What does he think he's doing?!

 

Tch! I have to help her.

 

Without thinking of anything, I walked towards them and just kept my gaze at him.

 

"Kris.."

 

Confused, he raised his eyebrow."Hmm?"

 

"I wonder if we can exchange seats."

 

I slightly trembled when I felt Jessica's gaze on me.

 

"Why?" he asked suspiciously.

 

"My seatmate was bothering me."

 

"Then why here?"

 

I smirked as I turned to face Jessica."Because I know she won't bother me." I answered which made her rolled her eyes.

 

He then chuckled before standing up."Good choice! She really won't bother you."

 

With that, I comfortably sat on my newly chair and focused my eyes at the front to know if I could still see what was written on the board.

 

"Should I thank you?" I heard Jessica asked.

 

Smiling from ear to ear, I said."If you want."

 

"I don't."

 

 

---

 

DAY 19:

 

 

"Okay class. Starting from now, I'll be strict when it comes to your books. So for those who didn't bring their books, then I'm sorry but I don't need your presence in my class. So for now, everybody bring out your book and I will check it one by one." Mr. Choi announced.

 

A sigh of relief escaped from my lips when I found my book on my bag. I then placed it on top of my desk and wait for our professor to come.

 

I glanced on my side and noticed Jessica searching through her bag. A faint groan was made when she didn't find what she's searching.

 

I nervously gulped.

 

My God! Jessica! You're such a pain in the !

 

I then looked at Mr. Choi who was just one student away from us.

 

And without hesitation, I quickly placed my book on top of Jessica's desk just in time when Mr. Choi stepped in front of her.

 

"Oh. Ms. Jung! I didn't expect that you would have your book with you. Great job! And Oh!-- Ms. Im! Where's your book?"

 

I shyly scratched the back of my neck."I-I'm sorry. I forgot."

 

"Go out!" Mr. Choi firmly ordered.

 

I just nodded and weakly stood up, dragging my feet towards the door. I still managed to catch Jessica's confused look before completely disappearing from their sight.

 

I wonder if I could still graduate with all the troubles I did these past few days.

 

 

----

 

DAY 20:

 

 

Here I am, alone at our classroom, writing multiple of 'I'm a lazy person. I don't bring my book.' in the blackboard as a punishment for my yesterday's book sacrifice.

 

This punishment should originally be done yesterday after class but I just convinced Mr. Choi to let it be now since my body was still aching from Taecyeon's beating a few days ago.

 

I sighed. I'm already tired. I want to go home now.

 

I've told myself a hundred times that if ever Jessica happens to be in trouble again, I would just stay away and never interfere again. But then, just thinking about it now made me question myself if I would really do that.

 

I don't exactly know why I'm doing all of these things to her but I know it's not just because I pity her. It's much more than that.

 

I tilted my head when I felt someone beside me.

 

My eyes widened in surprise seeing Jessica helping me on writing in the blackboard.

 

"J-Jessica..?"

 

"I should be the one doing this. Go now." she muttered, not bothering to look at me.

 

"Jessica, it's ok--" my words instantly stop when she suddenly put down the chalk and turned to face me.

 

"You should stop this act, Im Yoona."

 

"But I'm not acti--"

 

"I don't need any help and most especially, I don't need anyone. I'm better alone."

 

"Jessi--"

 

"Just leave me alone."

 

"But--"

 

"Please.."

 

 

---

 

DAY 28:

 

 

It's been a week since that encounter with Jessica. And also a week since I last talked to her. Meaning, I've decided to just obey what she wants and leave her alone. I also went back to my original seat.

 

But earlier, when I searched through my bag, I unexpectedly found her diary. I had a hard time deciding whether to give it back or just leave it alone with me but I still ended up choosing the former.

 

And now, I'm currently walking to nowhere in specific, just hoping that I would somehow get pass by her.

 

"Yah! Come on! Jessica and the transfer student were making a scene on the auditorium! Let's go!" I heard a guy yelled to his friends as they ran away.

 

I frowned.

 

Kris and Jessica?!

 

My eyes widened.

 

Damn it! What was that guy doing this time?

 

With that, I rushed towards the auditorium.

 

I unconsciously clenched my fist seeing both Kris and Jessica on the stage.

 

"Listen up! I want you guys to know that your school's so-called ice princess is my ex-girlfriend." Kris announced using the microphone. He has this proud smile that makes me want to punch him."And you know what, she's still crazy in love with me that she even begged me to come back to her."

 

Loud gasps were heard as a response. Students inside the auditorium start gossiping about the newly heard news.

 

Liar!

 

I didn't waste any time as I rushed towards the stage and welcomed his face with a punch which caused him to fell on the ground.

 

I then took the microphone."Believe in that jerk and you're a fool!" I hissed, pointing at the weakly lying on the ground guy."Aren't you guys ashamed of yourself? You called Jessica rude when you're actually the reason why she's being like that! She can't trust anyone because she's afraid that she might end up being hurt and that's because of the freaking bet you've all made!" I furiously exclaimed before dragging Jessica out of the auditorium.

 

I was about to continue on running up to the rooftop when she suddenly stop and forcedly remove my hand on hers.

 

I looked at her and I can feel my heart rip into pieces after seeing her face that was filled with tears.

 

"Jessica--"

 

"Enough!" she yelled, stopping me from coming near her."Im Yoona, Enough!" she pleaded as she weakly fell on the ground with her head buried on her knees.

 

I then quickly kneeled in front of her and attempted to pull her in for a hug only to be jerked away.

 

"How dare you say those words in front of everyone?!" she snarled which left me speechless.

 

I get it!

 

It was my fault again.

 

Im Yoona, you're an idiot!

 

"You know my name, not my story. You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through. If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step!"

 

I didn't say anything and just search for a certain notebook on my bag. When found, I handed it to her which made her surprised.

 

"W-Where did you get this?" she asked.

 

"In our room. I think you'd dropped it."

 

"Not because you've read this means--"

 

"I know. I admit, it all started with that bet also. But not literally because of the prize. My friend challenged me to make you mine within 30 days." I paused to flash a faint smirk."And I accepted it in the name of my pride. I tried hitting on you but I just always end up annoyed and pissed at your rude behavior. I was about to accept my defeat when I found your diary. And that explains well, my extreme hatred on you turned into an extreme sympathy. But I don't think what I'm feeling for you right now was still sympathy, I mean.. I wouldn't do that crazy stuff earlier if it was still about pity. But yeah, just like what you said, I don't know your story. I can't just base you and everything in your life in that diary. So I'm deeply asking for your forgiveness. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Jessica. I promised that I will never ever meddle with your business again. Sorry."

 

I turned around and was about to leave when I remembered something.

 

"Just remember about this Jessica; every girl needs someone who can help her laugh when she thinks she’ll never smile again."

 

 

---

 

DAY 30:

 

 

A sigh escape from my lips when I found myself walking home alone.

 

Day 30. Today should be the day where I would make Jessica mine.

 

A bitter smile appeared on my face. But that will never happen.

 

God knows I really did my best; it's just that...maybe we're not really destined for each other.

 

"Im Yoona!"

 

My ears perked up at the sudden call of my name. I then turned around and was surprised to see Jessica with her usual emotionless face.

 

She then took a few steps forward, leaving us only inches away from each other.

 

"J-Jessica..?"

 

"Today is the 30th day, right?"

 

I slowly nodded.

 

I wonder what is she up to.

 

"Then why didn't you approach me? I thought you'll make me yours this day." she asked, smiling.

 

Smiling?

 

She smiled?

 

She smiled!

 

She's so...gorgeous!

 

She then suddenly cupped my face."Im Yoona.. I'm done pretending I don't care. If you really want me in your life, at least let me know."

 

"J-Jessica?"

 

She glared at me.

 

"I-I like you! No! I love you! I love you, Jessica." I quickly answered, afraid that she'll turn into a monster again.

 

She smiled. And for once and for all, I felt the rest of my world disappears.

 

"How about you?" I asked, anticipating for her upcoming answer.

 

She pouted."If I tell you I love you, can I keep you forever?"

 

Smiling, I tucked the strands of her hair behind her ear."Of course." I answered as I slowly leaned in to capture her lips.

 

 

-END-

 




 

 

A/N:

 

 

Finished!

 

So did I disappoint you with this? Lol. I'm sorry. Please just bear with it. I think this is the best that I can do. I know in time my writing skills will improve. :)

 

 

Comments please. Thank you.