And off we go.

The Evil One in Cinderella (CHAPTERS EDITED!)

 

The super stylish ponytail bounces up and down as she walks down the hall. "I want it to be like Quinn Fabray's" was the exact words she had said to her personal hairdresser when she was getting pampered in the morning. She excitedly holds on to the light pink invitation card -- it will be her birthday this weekend, and she wants to make sure ever single student in the school attends it. 

 

"Hyelim-ah!" Choi Yerin was known for her cheerful voice. She's actually a dubber in process. The called one turns her head to the right, finding one of her girlfriends smiling, showing the sweetest eye smile. "Here's the invitation card! Make sure you come to my party, okay? Better get over Peniel soon!"

 

"Yerin I-" before Hyelim could finish off what she wants to say, Yerin had disappeared to the crowd of students. Hyelim knows that her phase is affecting many things. Her freindship, for example, she couldn't bring herself into sheer excitement when her best friend got engaged (the Geum Jan Di girl got in the way, but it was "managed" successfully), and many other examples. 'I should go… They can’t know I’m a mess.’

 

 

 

----

 

“Hyelim! You made it!” Yerin saunters elegantly, heading towards Hyelim. Yerin holds the party at her family’s now most hip exclusive club in town, ‘EVALON’. All the guests are dressed in agreement with the dress code, black and white. Yerin herself had put on a tight, mini baby pink dress. However, she managed to look classy.

 

After receiving the present from Hyelim, she excuses herself, vanishing into the crowd on the dance floor.

 

Not the kind of individual that enjoys getting to touchy with strangers, Hyelim decides to watch people dance rather than joining them. She had plop down on the bar stool and make herself comfortable.

 

In the midst of getting back down to the sad phase, the loud noise of glass in contact with the bar table make Hyelim turn her head around in reflect.

 

“I didn’t know you like clubs?” the bartender in front of her had placed his hands on the table, slightly leaning inward. Hyelim just sighs, totally uninterested, turning around again ready to be drown in her emotional train of thoughts.

 

Just before she could though, her 3 bestfriends darts quickly towards her from nowhere, making 100% change of her expression.

 

“Oh my god! There’s this really cute boy and…” the 3 girls had sat around Hyelim, reporting her about the male species that they had encountered. One throws jokes and everyone laughs. Hyelim seems fine, seems like she’s having a good time. 5 minutes later though, the 3 girls left her alone, and her dim expression came back.

 

“I don’t understand, really. One minute you’re sad like you lost the bid for the newest Prada bag, the next you just seem perfectly normal.” Hyelim turns around for the second time, and this time, the bartender is just inches away from her face. The tag on his shirt on his left area reads ‘Kim Himchan’. Hyelim arches her left eyebrow hearing the word ‘sad like you lost the bid for the newest Prada bag’.

 

“Why would I care about the newest Prada bag? And it’s none of your business in how I act.” Instead of walking away or putting a fight like how Hyelim expected him to, Himchan smiles ever so widely. “See! Now you’re being mean. Nope, it’s none of my business. But I know what it is..” Hyelim arch her eyebrow higher, her face reads ‘so-why-would-i-care-that-you-know-what-it-is’.

 

“I can and want to help you, you know. Away from the sadness you know you don’t want to feel.” Hyelim’s heart starts to beat rapidly, and her cheeks start to burn, turning into a shade of pink. It’s not the cheesy lovey dovey feeling; it’s more like… a pure happiness she never felt before. It’s the first time for her to feel someone cares about her.

 

...Right?

 

Curiosity won over her pride, so Hyelim just right away ask the question, “Why? Do you care about me?” It was too out of the blue for Himchan, so he’s kind of taken aback. But for a cause, Himchan could understand this girl and her awkward question. “Yeah… for some weird explanation that I don’t even know, I guess.”

 

Himchan takes off his black apron and nametag, placing them on a small table beside him. He jumps over the bar table briskly, now standing right beside Hyelim. “Come on, let’s go somewhere. You’re getting bored anyway right?” Dragging Hyelim out was as easy as pie. Hyelim smiles sheepishly all the way, when he said ‘yeah’, it’s enough to make Hyelim be overjoyed and forget about the world & what’s currently happening.