Chap 5: Her

Maybe There's Beauty in Goodbye

Author's note: OMGGGG INFINITE H'S ALBUM SLAY HAHA, man  track 5...is so dope. Can they make an mv out of that song plz? Btw short update. And yes a little delay... BUT PLZ ENJOY <3

 

 

Hoya's p.o.v

"L!" I shook the lifeless soul in front of me, his eyes didn't blink. Its as if the trauma ate him alive, paralyzing him in that moment. I exhaled in frustration. She was just there, she WAS there... damn. I released my hands from his body, I couldn't deny that I was really worried for her. I know... I know I've just met her, but losing a partner? I didn't want to experience it again... Too careless Hoya, you should have known better. I should have been nicer to her, I should have been more patient with her, I should have...

 

 

*BANG BANG*

I slammed the hard wall with my clutched fist, trying to let out the anger within me.

"I should have treated her better!"
 

My weak legs gave way, and my back slouched against the wall as it gave me support when I sat on the floor. My hands cuddled my long legs, burrying my face in the darkness of my arms as I try to prepare myself for the worst.

 

 

Hours passed, and the sign still glowed in crimson red. I took the time to reminisce yesterday. How stupid she looked in that black dress of hers, trying to come up with a nonsensical excuse. How she was trying to be considerate when I showed her my scar. How she tried to cover up for her words this morning. How badly she wanted to say 'Sorry' to me, I knew. You didn't have too feel so bad about it, dummy.

I looked up, and L was standing with his eyes closed, arms crossed as he was leaning against the wall. He must've felt worser than me, he was the last one with Eun Mi before she passed out. And again, the type of power he has,he would have known from the start.

"Hoya-ssi, I'm sorry" L opened his eyes, looking at me in sorrow, "I knew something was going to happen to her, but I didn't do anything to stop it-"

"It couldn't be stopped. Its not your fault. I'm her partner, and it's my responsibility to look after her. Don't be too hard on yourself"

L's eyes glistened as he tried to hold back his tears, blaming himself for all that has happened, "How can I not? I have these powers but I feel so powerless!? It happens again and again! Minah could have been saved if I had stopped her from doing that mission-"

"Stop," My head pounded from hearing that name. The first person I've truly loved, has inflicted a scar upon me that will never heal. "Don't ever bring up her name in front of me." My voice dissipated in the silence as I tried to calm myself down. I could never forget her...

 

The transluscent glass door swiftly opened as the man in blue scrubs walked out of the operating theatre. He tugged his surgical mask away from his face with his bare hands, and sighed as he approached us.

My heart palpitated as he came closer to us.The anxiety in me grew as I examined his facial features within seconds, trying to read or forsee the events to come. 

"Is she ok?" Please...

"We had to revive her heart twice, and it took quiet a long time to replace her damaged heart valve with an artificial one," his eyes focused into mine, he then placed his hands onto my shoulder, "But she's fine for now" He patted my back as he ensured me with his words. "Her condition's stable for now, but she may be at risk of another arrest if she isn't able to adapt to it well. We'll monitor her health for a few weeks before she's allowed to be released, don't worry kid, she's going to be fine!" The pat increasingly accelerated as his lips curved into a smile.

"So can we visit her?" L spoke up, his eyes full of hope as he heard the good news.

"Sorry guys, no visitors allowed for the time being. Go back to lessons ay," he ruffled our hair, and then signalled with the tips of his fingers that we should go. L and I looked into each other, hesitating to leave the place. We wanted to at least see her once so that we could let our minds settled, knowing that our eyes wouldn't lie. But we had to let her go.

It was already in the afternoon, we skipped a few classes, yet I didn't feel the guilt. Both of us knew that we would get punished one way or another, but I didn't mind. For once the thirst for more points stopped when Eun Mi appeared in my life. I felt like I was revived from the dead. I had a reason to live again after she left, because I have someone to protect.

 

Eun Mi's p.o.v

My head felt like it wanted to explode as the high pitched tone continued to buzz in my ears, I still felt lethargic and my eyelids still drooped over my pupils. My body ached, especially the chest area. The skin near my upper ribcage stung, its as if someone poured hot water onto me. In the distance, I heard faint footsteps slowly approaching me, I continued to shut my eyes.

"Oh Eun Mi, it would be a waste if you died so early," a croaky voiced echoed into the room, suddenly I felt a cold touch on my cheek, his hands were rough and dry. I tried not to react to his touch, pretending to be unconscious as I my body stiffened.

"I won't let this precious gem disappear like that, after all..." he run his fingers through my hair,

 

 

 

"You're mine"