Flashback

California Love

"Kevin, you never told me you had glasses. Are they not important?" she said.

We were sitting in front of the ocean, on a beach. The sun was setting. We had been here all day after school. Our backpacks rested beside us as we rested beside each other. The crashing of the waves was relaxing as she layed her head on my shoulder.

"Eh, not really. They're just reading glasses." I replied back to her and soflty layed my head on top of hers.

"I want to see you in them. Can I see?" she asked and looked straight at me. I smiled and nodded.

"I guess." I said and pulled a case from a compartment in my backpack. I pulled out my glasses and put them on.

"Oh my gosh, you are freaking adorable in glasses, Kev!! Why didn't you tell me before? Were you embarrassed or something? Because there's no need." she said and ruffled my hair.

I chuckled, "I don't know, they're just... like you guessed, they're not important."

"Well, all glasses are important." she shrugged and went back to resting on my shoulder.

We stayed like that for a while, but I figured I had to tell her sooner or later. I had brought her here for a reason.

"Hey, Yoon..." I trailed off.

"Yeah, Kevin?" she said and I could hear the slight smile playing lightly on her lips.

I hesistated, "I have good news and bad news."

"What's the good news."

"I like you." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

She didn't reply for a second, "Then what's the bad news?"

Once again, I hesistated. This is what I had been dreading to tell her. I wasn't sure on how she'd take it.

I turned my head to the side and took another deep breath, "I'm moving to South Korea. Remember when I auditioned that last time I went? Well, they chose me to become a trainee. They chose me a while ago but... I didn't want to tell you until now."

She went silent for a longer amount of time and the atmostphere got slightly tense.

"What's the bad news, Kevin? Because that sounded like good news and better news." she lifted her head up and hugged her knees.

I looked at her with wide eyes, "What do you mean? Don't tell me you want me to go. I was expecting you not to want me to go! That's why I told my mom and dad that I didn't want to do it. I mean, I honestly don't because-"

"Don't let me hold you back." she said and shut me up. I closed my mouth and felt my heart drop.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She sighed, "I want you to go because I know you want to go. Don't let me get in the way of your dream."

"My dream is to be with you and-"

"Well, maybe one of these days I'll be a star, too. Then we can be together. But we can't... we can't date. I know that's why you want to stay here. But you need to go. You want to."

"No, I-" I tried again, but just like her, she cut me off again.

"Kevin, don't fight this. You're going to do great! You've got one hell of a voice and you're beautiful. I mean, any girl would be crazy not to love you. Which is why I'm not crazy," she said and chuckled, "Really. You need to follow this. I don't know what to say to try to convince you anymore. Just... do it for me, okay?"

I locked eyes with her, trying to telepathically tell her that she was in fact crazy.

She obviously wasn't going to give up. My gaze found it's way back to the orange-ish blue stained ocean.

"I don't know what I can say to convice you that I want to stay here." I mumbled with a broken voice.

"Please, Kevin. You won't regret it." she placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at her again and made a move.

I slowly leaned into kiss her. The one thing I'd been waiting to do since elementary school.

As my lips found their way to hers, my heart stopped. Everything froze. Kissing her was the best experience ever.

We broke the kiss and she looked as if she were about to cry, "Just don't make me regret making this decision for you."

I smiled a little and nodded, "Alright, fine. You win! As always."

She rolled her eyes and giggled a little bit.

"Kevin, I love you."

I smiled, "I love you too, Yoon."