Into the Closet and out of the Door

Myungsoo in InfiniteLand

Myungsoo woke up with a headache. He looked around to get his bearing and found himself lying on the floor of the dorm’s common area. However, nothing was there. The space was completely empty and his friends had disappeared.
He stood up to find someone, anyone. But, no one was in the dorm. He looked outside the apartment and still found no one. He couldn’t understand how he couldn’t find anyone. Everywhere was deserted.
He went back inside the house, trying to figure out what he should do next.

When he got inside, he spotted something. A tall, white, fuzzy being stood in front of him, trying to put on a purple shirt. As the being turned around to look at the time, he yelled, “WE’RE LATE!”
Finally, Myungsoo had a chance to see the face of the creature. It was Hoya, bouncing around and dancing. He was in a bunny suit decorated with different purple accessories.
“We’re LATE!” He shouted again, as he began to moon walked away from Myungsoo.
“Hey! Hoya! Wait!” Myungsoo followed after Hoya before he disappeared into their bedroom.
When Myungsoo got into his bedroom, he saw Hoya’s white fluffy tail sticking out of the closet and quickly vanished. Myungsoo followed his friend, since no one else was around.
“Hoya!” Myungsoo called getting a little annoyed. “Where are you?” He entered the closet and soon realized it was much deeper than he expected.
Myungsoo let out a sigh of annoyance. He was about to yell back at Hoya, when he lost his grip. He suddenly felt himself falling, falling, and falling.

As he fell, he looked around. It was dark and hard to see. He had to squint eyes to see his fingers in front of him. The more he fell, the brighter it grew. He was different items surrounding him. There was a jar of Lemon Candy, and a ‘Superman’ costume. There were several Infinite albums and lots of sunglasses.
He fell for what felt like hours. Myungsoo soon began to worry, ‘What if I died?’ He could only slightly remember the moments before he lost consciousness and that was the only reason he could come up with what was happening. ‘What if I’m going to Hell?’ He processed in his mind after falling to the earth for so long.

As if someone knew what he was thinking, his back quickly hit something soft, only to cause him to spring up once more as he fell forward and landed hard on the ground.
He groaned, taking a look at what launched him so far. It was a bed. Myungsoo glared at it, before he got up and dusted himself off.
He looked around and saw himself in a dirty tunnel, maybe a rabbit’s den. There were several channels he could choose from, but something told him to go through the one right in front of him.
He quickly ran down it, in hopes to find Hoya again.

Sure enough, he did. Hoya’s tail flicked as he rounded the bend, just before he entered a room. Myungsoo quickly ran after him as a bead of sweat began to form around his forehead.
He entered the room trying to catch his breath before the door quickly shut behind him. He ran up to it and tried to open it, but it was locked. Myungsoo looked around in hopes to see Hoya, but again he had disappeared.


By now, Myungsoo was greatly annoyed. He was so annoyed that he had no idea where he was and there was no one around him. The only person he knew had abandoned him. As Myungsoo pondered, he became oblivious to his surroundings.
When he finally looked up, he saw himself in a room full of different doors. Some small, some big, some green, some pink, some on the floor, some on the ceiling, there were doors everywhere.
Myungsoo quickly began to try and open all of the ones he could reach. However, all of them were locked. Once again Myungsoo frowned. He felt trapped. It wasn’t until he looked to his left that he saw a small table. He walked over to it and looked. On the table was a tiny key and a bottle that read, ‘Do NOT Drink Me.’
For now he ignored the bottle and began to try and open every door once more with the help of the key.
It worked. The key opened one of the bigger doors, only to lead him to another door. After that, he opened it, and again there was another door. He continued to do this until he was left with a tiny door he could barely fit his wrist through.
“Now what?” He grumbled.


He looked towards the table again and picked up the bottle. He read it once more, ‘Do NOT Drink Me.’ He debated whether he should. He opened the cap and sniffed it. His nose scrunched up as the chemical fumes irritated his nostrils. “Alcohol.” He noted the contents of the bottle.
He looked at it a few more minutes before deciding, ‘Why not?’ He placed the bottle to his lips as he sipped it. Soon he began to shrink.
When he was tall enough to fit through the door he stopped sipping the drink only to feel a little tipsy.
He tried to make his way towards the door, only to fall over from the alcohol in his system.
He looked around for something, anything that would make his head stop spinning. As he looked at the ground around him, he saw a box. He crawled towards it and proceeded to open it. Inside were rice cakes. Myungsoo looked at them with hungry eyes. He picked one up not even bothering to read the tag.


As he eat one, he instantly felt better, however, his body jumped up, growing taller than ever before.
His head hit the ceiling with a ‘bang.’ Myungsoo grabbed his head with a moan. Though the feeling of the alcohol was gone, he had gained a headache from hitting his head too hard.


After the stress and running around so much, the bead of sweat on his forehead began to drip off landing on the ground around his feet. Myungsoo groaned, as he knew he only had one option if he wanted to get out of the room. He had to endure the feeling of being drunk at least until he was out of the room.
He took the bottle and began to drink it again. Little did he know, his sweat was so big, what it created a pool around him. As soon as he finished the bottle, his body shrunk and fell from the sky landing in the now forming sea that was his sweat. In his drunken state he could barely swim and was pulled along with the tides, as the water flushed out through the keyhole of the tiny door.