Chapter 1

HSJ is Out of Town! [Season TWO]

 

“Auntie, this bag is so fudging heavy…” Mia complained as she slung on her shoulder her Aunt Cherry’s enormous bag as they walked inside the elevator.

 

“Just bear with it a little more, okay? We’ll be reaching our room soon.” Her aunt said as she pulled her trolley bag inside the elevator as the door slowly closed in.

 

~Tobikau denpa nariyamanu denwa, dokomokashikamu ichido mita member~~

 

  Koki Tanaka’s rapping voice in Signal rang inside the elevator. A Japanese song, yes.

 

 They. Are. In. Japan.

 

  See, Mia went to Japan with her aunt so that they could fetch her grandfather there and together, they three would go back altogether to their country, the Philippines.

 

 BUT…just about three hours ago, Mia received an e-mail through her smartphone. And the message said:

 

 “Mia! YOUR GRANDFATHER IS ALREADY HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES!! He said he got impatient so he took an earlier flight by himself! See, this is why I told you to go there a week ago!” –Mom

 

 And so, because of that, Mia and her aunt decided to just enjoy their stay here in Japan which is quite hard to do since they only get to stay here for three days and today is already the second day.

 

  “Mia, let’s go shopping later, okay?” Aunt Cherry said, receiving a fake eager nod from the younger girl. She then kept on talking about things that she have read about this country: their language, the places to go, their traditions, their culture, and many more. “And, Mia, of course you’ll be the one conversing for me, alright?”

 

  “Riiiight..” Mia answered.

 

 Her aunt doesn’t know fluent Japanese so Mia would be the one speaking for her. Yea, Mia does know FLUENT Japanese now, unlike in the past when she only recognizes a few words or phrases. She had convinced her parents to enroll her into a Japanese language learning school and she attended sessions there after her regular school classes. She went there for three months, and so now, she is already a very good Japanese speaker and writer.

 

  Why did she enroll in such classes exactly?

It’s not only for the reason that she is a half-blooded Japanese, it has something to do with her college life. See, Mia is now already a high school graduate for almost a month already. She had pursued her parents that she really wanted to study in Japan and so, being super persistent and all, her parents finally threw the towel and gave her a YES.

 

  This time, she’s still on vacation. She’ll probably be going back here in Japan at the last week of next month: May.

 

  But enjoying their stay here wasn’t the main reason why Mia had decided to come with her Aunt Cherry. And neither was her reason to fetch her grandfather…. The main reason she went here..was because she was hoping… Just hoping…that she might see him again.: Yuto Nakajima.

 

  It has already been eight months since Hey! Say! JUMP had left her country…eight freaking months since they last saw each other. No “Hi”s. No “Hello”s. No communication, even in the internet. Nothing.

 

  But despite that, Mia had willed herself to understand their situation: her boyfriend working as an idol in a girlfriends-are-banned-here agency and all…

 

  “Ah, we’ve reached our floor!” her aunt said excitedly and loudly, enough to pull Mia out of her thoughts.

 

  Ting! was the sound when the elevator door finally opened. Mia’s mouth fell open, hanging approximately two and a half inches from the carpeted floor outside the elevator, as she saw the ever-so-familiar face of the guy in front of her.

 

  About three long seconds later, she had finally managed to recover from her shocked state and so she hugged the guy as she remarked with the words…

 

 

  “Chii!! You’ve grown!”

 

                                       >>CHAPTER END<<