[OS] Moth-eaten Girl and Quasimodo

[OS] Moth-eaten Girl and Quasimodo

RynnA’s POV :

Thudd!

'Yah! Don't you watch where you are going?!' He yelled at me and I was like what? He's the one that bumped onto me and yet he yelled at me? Me? *scoffs*

'Yah, you moth-eaten girl! I'm talking to you!' He continued yelling.

'MWO?! What did you just say?! Moth-eaten girl? Then, what are you? A Greek god? *scoffs* More like Quasimodo,' I mocked sarcastically at him. I can't take it anymore. Seriously? Me? Moth-eaten girl? What does he think he is?

'MWO??! QUASIMODO?!' He yelled. Oh god, he's such a yeller. Is there such word as 'yeller'? Oh well, he's such a guy that likes to yell.

'Yeah! You heard me right! Quasimodo, pabo!' Now it's my turn to yell at him.

'Aish!' He continued yelling and trying to give me a punch but his friends held him back. He's trying to give me a punch? I should be the one dreading to give him my powerful punch. Feeling satisfied at his defeat, I stuck out my tongue and made the 'mehrong' expression at him. That'll made him angrier. Now, I'm totally happy! Hah!

???’s POV :

I was just acting to scare her that I was going to punch her but what are they doing hanging onto me like that? They actually thought that I was going to punch her? The Almighty Key doesn't punch girls. That is a total lame job.

'Mehrong!' She stuck out her tongue at me.

'Aish! Wait! You just wait, moth-eaten girl! I'm so gonna get you one day!' I screamed at her, deafening Jonghyun hyung and Minho who are surrounding me.

RynnA’s POV :

'Yeah, right, Quasimodo! I'm so scared to go home by myself now!' Oh boy, how I love to make acerbic remarks!

'Stop calling me Quasimodo, you moth-eaten girl!'

'As if I would, unless you stop calling me that!'

'I won't and would never stop calling you that!'

'Then I guess you'll have the same fate too... QUASIMODO~' I smirked at him and off I go back to my home.

'Yah! Where do you think you're going?! Come back here!' He demanded me. What is he? A commandant? *scoffs*

'I'm running away from you. Don't you remember? I'm scared of you~' Again. Double booya. Sarcastic twice.

Key’s POV :

'Hyung, hyung!' Minho called out to me.

'MWO?!' I yelled out to him as I’m in the middle of the state of boiling water now.

'Stop screaming can you! You're such a diva and you're making all of us go deaf!' Jonghyun hyung screamed at me. I looked at him blankly. Not believing that he's screaming at me.

'Mianhae, Key. She's just a girl. It's not worth it yelling at her,' Jonghyun hyung continued.

'And making all of us go deaf,' Minho continued Jonghyun hyung's sentence.

'Ne~' I took a deep breath and calm myself down.

'But seriously? Quasimodo? Am I that standard??' I still can't take it that a girl has just called me that. A girl. Me. Quasimodo. Both of them then burst out laughing.

'Mwo? What's so funny bout that?' I asked.

'Hyung, *in the middle of laughing* hyung, imagine Key hyung is a hunchback and he has a centre-parted hair!' Minho said to Jonghyun hyung and they kept on laughing by themselves.

'And, and with that green shirt!' Jonghyun hyung said further and they both kept laughing while I stared at them in horror. After they had noticed that I'm staring at them, they stopped laughing immediately.

'Mianhae~' Both of them then apologised to me.

'Okay, now let's go back ne~' Jonghyun hyung said and pulled my hands to his car.

The next day...

'I still can't get rid of her off my mind. Quasimodo,' I scoffed as I came out of Jonghyun hyung's car. I know it's weird but something bout her has somehow attracted me to her. I have no idea in what sense. *sighs*

'Yah, yah, yah! Chill. It's not as if you'll see her again,' Jonghyun hyung said while walking next to me and head to class together.

'Hmm~' I sounded.

'Well, she'd better get off my sight! Or else...' I continued.

'Or else?' Jonghyun hyung asked. I shot him a duh look and laughed wickedly by myself.

Krrriiiinnnggg!

I tame my flyaway hairs with my magic wand, the COMB as we walked into the class. I could feel that countless pairs of girl eyes around me are ogling at me. So, what should I do next? Of course I'll do something that'll make them go crazy for more. Hah! I flip my hair and the girls go wild by swooning and squeaking or whatever that's called. Oh yeah~ I love that attention!

Jonghyun hyung elbowed me to gain my attention.

'She's here. Ms Seo Yeon,' he murmured under his breath and pushed me to my seat.
I took my seat and look at her. Eh, there's another girl behind her. I couldn't see that girl's face as she's looking down at the floor.

'Hyung, there's a new girl,' I whispered to Jonghyun hyung. He nodded his head and he looked as if he's eager to see how she looks like.

'Students, let's welcome a new student to our class ne~' Ms Seo Yeon said to the class.

'Please introduce yourself,' she continued.

'Ne~ Annyeonghaseyo. Je ireumeun RynnA imnida. Mannaso bangapsumnida,' the girl then introduced herself.

Hmm, she seems so familiar. Where have I seen her before?

'Yah,' Jonghyun hyung elbowed me again.

'Mwo?' I asked.

'Isn't she that girl? Quasimodo?' Jonghyun hyung replied. Quasimodo. Yah, no wonder she's so familiar. I
smirked by myself.

'She's so dead. Welcome to doom, moth-eaten girl!' I laughed wickedly by myself.

RynnA’s POV :

'Ne~ Annyeonghaseyo. Je ireumeun RynnA imnida. Mannaso bangapsumnida,' I introduced myself to the class.

I scan the class to have a look at my future classmates but my eyes stopped scanning when I saw that face. No! Not him in the neck of the woods! Out of everywhere! Why here?! Why?! It's that annoying dude! Just look at him, he's smirking and ugh! He. Is. The. Most. Annoying. Person. I. Have. Ever. Met. On. Earth!!! Ugh! It's like being written on my forehead clearly.

'RynnA, you can now go sit there beside Minho. Minho, please raise your hand,' Ms Seo Yeon instructed.

Minho. Oh, him. One of the guys that held onto Quasimodo last night. He's fine. I took my seat beside him and that Quasimodo turned around and shot me a look.

'You are so dead, moth-eaten girl,' he said to me.

'Yeah right, Quasimodo,' I replied.

'Aish!' He turned back to face Ms Seo Yeon in front of the class.

'Now, I want you to pair up for this project. Key, you're with RynnA,' Ms Seo Yeon instructed.

'Mwo? With her? Can't I be with Jonghyun?' He sounds disappointed with her decision. Well, not to mention I'm way more delighted if I'm not being paired up with him. I'd rather be with Minho. He's more polite than him.

'No, Key. You. With. RynnA. Get it?' Ms Seo Yeon shot him her fierce look.

'Ara ara,' he said.

'Well, you are one lucky girl to be paired up with me,' he said to me.

'As if I wanted to be paired with you,' I replied him.

'Aish! You like to get on my nerves, don't you, moth-eaten girl?' He half-yelled since Ms Seo Yeon is still in the class.

'You started it!' I yelled in whispering mode at him.

The next day...

'Yah! Bout that project. How are we gonna do it?' I asked Key. I was forced to talk to him.

'Mwo? What project?' He answered blankly and put on an innocent face.

'Aish! Ms Seo Yeon's class, pabo!' I replied, feeling so irritated by his answer.

'Ohh that. Yah! Nobody calls the Almighty Key pabo!' He said annoyingly.

'Yeah right. You are so almighty that I'm fainting now,' I topped him off.

'Whatever, moth-eaten girl,' he said. I scoffed at his answer.

'So, Quasimodo~ How are we gonna do it?' I asked him.

'Mwo? You do it yourself! Who's working with you?' He said in a disgusted way.

'Hellooo, it's a PAIR work. Not INDIVIDUAL work. Araso, pabo?' I made it clear to him.

'We'll do it at the library tonight. Turn up or else!' I warned him and I walked away from him.

'Aish! Neo jinjja~' He yelled at me.

A week later...

'Students, how are your projects going? Good?' Ms Seo Yeon asked. All I could hear are chatters and murmurs.

'How bout you and Key, RynnA? Going great?' She asked me all of a sudden. Among all the other students, she asked me. Me.

'Ne~ It's going super great! And I love working with Key! He's been a great help for this project,' I
answered. In which all meant the opposite.

Key’s POV :

Wow! I've been a great help? I looked at her when Ms Seo Yeon turns her back at us. She rolled her eyes as if she is irritated. Ms Seo Yeon turns around and she came up to us.

'So, can I see your progress?' Oh. My. God. We haven't even did anything. Screw you, moth-eaten girl for saying that.

RynnA’s POV :

I took out my file in between my stack of books under the drawer of my table and hand it to her. She flipped through every paper and said, 'Good job! I know you guys could work together. Good that you are taking your responsibilities seriously, Key. Keep up the good work,' she said.

I sighed in relief that she didn't notice anything amiss. All these while, it was me who did all the work. Me. Key? He's only being surrounded with girls and do nothing else but enjoys all the attention he can get from them.

Key’s POV :

She sighs. Now, I'm feeling very guilty and bad. It's time for me to repay her deeds for building up my rep for Ms Seo Yeon again.

That weekend...

I saw her crossing the road to get to the opposite.

As I tried to call out to her, a girl came to her and she hugged her.

RynnA’s POV :

'Look left and right before you cross the road,' my umma's voice lingers in my head. I did that and cross the road. Library is just a few steps ahead. A few more steps and I'll reach there.

I was delighted when my bestie, Hyo Jin, came up to see me. We have been best friends since we were in primary school and I haven't seen her since I move to this school.

'Hyo Jin!' I exclaimed excitedly when I saw her. I ran and hug her but she shoved me aside.

'Waeyo Hyo Jin? Neomu pogoshippo!' I said and tried to hug her again. She stood still this time and didn't say anything.

I released her from my hug and asked her, 'Hyo Jin ah, wae irae?'

She slapped me suddenly without me knowing why.

'Wae irae? Hah! Wae irae?! You should know what you did!' Hyo Jin shouted at me. This is the first time she shouted at me and slapped me.

'What did I do? Could you at least tell me?' I asked her.

'Don't go all innocent, RynnA!' She answered.

'I don't understand... Hyo Jin...' My eyes began to water but I managed to hold it back.

'You lied to me all along! You said that you're gonna help me and Dong Hyun to get back together! But
what you did is beyond that!' She shouted.

'Mwo? What do you mean?' I took a deep breath and asked her.

'Don't you get it? I saw you guys being all lovey dovey and you flirt with him!'

'No! I would never do such thing to you! It's a misunderstood,' I said.

Dong Hyun came to my house that night coz he's facing problem in his Maths and we're having dessert at that moment. He has this choc stain on his lips and I brushed the stain off his lips. That's all. It's not like I'm seducing him or what. Hyo Jin is my best friend and I'll never do such thing to her.

'It didn't seem like it and I believe what I saw,' she said coolly.

'We're done. Whatever that's gonna happen to you starting from this minute is none of my business,' she continued to hurt my feelings .

'And, I don't know anyone by the name of RynnA in this world,' she said and she walk off. That sentence has really stabbed my heart. Deep inside.

'Fine! If you don't believe me, fine! I don't even know you anymore!' I screamed at her and I walk away from there.

Okay now where am I? Just then someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw... Key? What's he doing here?

'Yah! Wae are you so fast?' He asked, panting.

'Eh? You are following me?' I asked him.

'Aish! Why would I follow you since I got loads of girls following me? I'm here to work with you for the project,' he answered.

'Ohh~' I said as I sit on the bench beside where I'm standing. Drops of water began to drip from above and down came the drizzling rain.

Key’s POV :

'Omo, it's raining!' I half-screamed. I shield my hair with my hands and ran towards the nearest convenience store that appears in front of me. First thing first, my hair! I fix my hair quickly and brush off my almost-soaked-in-rain leather jacket and my skinny jeans under the roof of that store.

'Yah! You nearly ruined my hair, you know!' I grumbled at that moth-eaten girl, still fixing my hair while thinking that she has got under the shade with me.

'Yah! I'm talking to you, moth-eaten girl!' Now, I'M yelling but there's no answer from her.

That is so unlike her. Coz everytime I called her that, she'll glare at me and then she'll start to shake the world with her voice. She's like a lion, I tell you! Lioness, to be exact. But somehow she looks kinda cute everytime she got angry. Her facial expression changes accordingly and the way she defends herself is just so cute. Wait, did I just say that she's cute? RynnA? Cute? Hah! Dream on, moth-eaten girl! Pfftt~

I turned to my left and saw nothing there. From there, I made a 270 degrees, anti-clockwise turn to scan for that girl's location only to found out that she's still sitting there, not moving an inch from that wooden bench.

'Yah! Are you outta your mind?! It's raining out there! R-A-I-N-I-N-G! RAINING!' I yelled at her from where I am. She's still sitting there, not moving anywhere. Geez, what is wrong with her?! Can't she move? It's not like she has lost her leg or something.

Instincts say : Go help her.

Mwo? Now? In the middle of the rain? What about my hair??? Aish!

This is so gonna be the first and the last time I'm sacrificing my fabulous hair for her. *sighs*

I ran towards her and pulled her hand with me.

'Yah! Michyeosseo?! It's raining now. Let's get under that shade over there,' I said, pointing to the store. She just look at me without muttering a word and shook her head. She then pulled her hand away from my grip. I stared at her in disbelief.

'I love rainy days,' she said. Without knowing why, I got myself a seat beside her. Yes. In the rain. With my precious hair being drowned by the evil raindrops.

'Wae?' I asked her.

'Coz it's the only time when no one will ever notice that you're crying...' That moth-eaten girl's voice began to trail off and she shifted her gaze to the floor.

I tried to get the view of her eyes and her face beneath her straight chestnut brown hair that's dangling down at the side of her face. As I brush her hair to the back, I saw her porcelain face is wet and her eyeballs are slightly red. I couldn't distinguish whether the water on her face came from the raindrops or from her eyes.

RynnA’s POV :

'RynnA, gwaenchana?' he asked. His tone is very gentle and soft. Totally different from the Key I first met. The first Key is like super obnoxious and very irritating but the Key now is very gentle and nice. And he even called me by my name, not those annoying names that he created for me but MY name.

He pulled me into his arms out of the blue and my hair while saying, 'Go ahead and cry. Let out everything that's been bothering you. You'll feel way better after that.'

The next thing I know was, I broke down, hard on his shoulders. As in real hard. So hard that it could form a sea that could feed the whole world!

Key’s POV :

I hugged her tightly as she cried her heart out.

'Koktchongma, everything's gonna be fine,' I said to her while patting her back and at the same time, her soft, silky hair. Her hair does smell nice. Wonder what kinda brand of shampoo she uses? Am so gonna buy one for myself later. And after I wash my precious hair with that shampoo, more girls will be all over me. Talking bout me being the Almighty Key! Mmm, you deserve that kinda attention, boy! Hah! *sighs* Aigoo, Key-ah~ She's in the middle of hardship now and all you could think is about your hair? And the smell of it? And the attention you're gonna get later? As if you don't have enough of that kinda attention. *sighs*

'RynnA? Gwaenchana? Feeling better now?' I sounded after a while of letting her cry on my shoulder. Her head is resting on my left shoulder and there seems to be no answer from her.

'RynnA?' I asked again. Still, no response. Worst comes to worst, I made the thought that she has fainted but then, she fidgets a little and makes her head comfortable on my shoulder while hugging my left arm which is partly supporting her back, like a pillow.

Aish! This girl is sleeping?! On me? This thought sounds so wrong. Anyways, she has been sleeping the whole while I'm comforting her? Aish! RynnA! You. Are. So... Cute?

She looks so cute like a baby when I managed to take a little peek at her sleeping face. And pretty too. I brushed her fringe that's covering a part of her frame aside to get a closer look at her face. She got this peaches and cream complexion, almond shaped eyes even though they are somehow closed and a pink, soft and supple lips. This is the first time I see her face up-close. I have never realised that she's this pretty before. Guess I have never actually looked at her from the very beginning. *sighs*

Looks like the calling of 'moth-eaten girl' will have to come to a halt and the new term 'butterfly' will be started soon.

Talking bout butterfly, now that the rain has stopped drizzling and we're fully soaked in rainwater, how am I supposed to take her home? I don't even know where she lives at the first place.

Just then, the cashier of the convenience store came up to me with two hot chocolate drinks.

'Here, take these. They're on me. You guys made such a cute couple,' he said as he handed the drinks to me. His name is Taemin, I guess or that's what being carved on his nametag.

'Kamsahamnida, Taemin,' I said, smiling at him. I took the drinks with my right hand and put them on the bench beside me one by one while my left hand is being made as a pillow by Butterfly.

'Cheonmaneyo, hyung,' he replied. He owns the babyface! I'm feeling kinda threatened right now... Grrr~

'How's RynnA now?' he asked. He knows her? Never knew that she's popular among guys like him.

'You know her?' I asked him back.

'Ne, we have been friends since we are 6,' he answered, grinning at me. Aww, he's too cute. Aish! You are
way cuter than him, Key. Duh! And why are you feeling some sort of jealousy here? Omo! Don't tell me
that I... Aish! Impossible, Key! Impossible!

'Ohh,' I said with my left hand still supporting the moth-eaten girl's back. Oops, I mean Butterfly's back. That's more like it and being her pillow.

She tightened her hug around my arm, as if she don't wanna let me go. I could feel my red, hot blood rushes up to my cheeks and my heart pounds in an abnormally fast pace. Omo, why do I keep having this strange feeling for her?

'Excuse me~ I wanna buy something here,' a woman called out to Taemin from the store.

'Ne~ I'm coming,' Taemin replied to the woman.

'Hyung, I gotta go now. Talk to you soon,' he said while waving his hands and head back to the store.

'Ah, ne. Talk to you soon too, Taemin,' I replied and waved back at him.

Just then, Butterfly fidgets about and releases her hands from my arm. She began to rub her sleepy eyes gently with the back of her palm and she slowly turn her head around to face me. Her eyes came boggling out as if she just saw something unbelievable. Of course she did, right? It's Almighty Key in front of her, like duh!

RynnA’s POV :

Yah! I'm in the middle of dreamland now. And guess what? Jang Geun Suk is standing and smiling in front of me! Could you actually believe that??! I know the answer is... No since I'm in the middle of 'dreamland' now. So as you guys can see, whoever you are who are chattering now, be QUIET!!! Coz you are beginning to make him fade away in the clouds of thick fog that appears in front of me!

*the chatters kept going on*

Omo! Snap! He's gone!! Noooo! Aish! I'm so gonna kill these two culprits!

I fidget about in my position and rub my eyes gently with the back of my left palm. Coz my right hand's holding onto something.

'Wait, what's this?' I thought to myself as I touch the thing my right hand is holding onto. It feels weird. Bulky, muscly... Bulky? Muscly? Mwo?? Is it some guy's hand?? And his other hand is supporting my back? Again. Mwo?? I put my hands away from his arm and pretended to rub my eyes while turning around to take a little peek at his face.

Oh. My. God. My eyes went bulging out the second I saw his face. It's... Him??! That obnoxious guy??! What's he doing in front of me?

He looked back at me in the eyes. Omo! He looks so much better this way and cute and hot and... Wae is my heart beating abnormally fast now? Not to mention I feel like my whole heart is oughtta come out from my body!

Key’s POV :

Wae does she kept staring at me? I know I'm hot and all but this isn't like the look that girls will give me. Is there something on my face? Nope, I don't think so.

'Yah, Butterfly! Yoohoo~' I waved my right hand in front of her.

RynnA’s POV :

'Yah, Butterfly! Yoohoo~' Key called out to me, snapping me into reality.

'Mworago? What did. You. Just. Say? Butterfly?' I was stuttered the moment he called me Butterfly. I thought he used to call me moth-eaten girl. Weird.

'Ne~ You get me correct. I called you, BUTTERFLY. Wae? Is there anything wrong with that?' He asked. Somehow, I felt a sudden zest when he called me that and strangely enough, I like that name.

'A-aniyo~ It's just... Weird, you know,' I get up from the bench and stood beside him. He then stood up too. Omo, I think I'm blushing. I scurried hurriedly away from him and head down the street along the shop houses.

'Yah! Kidari!' Key yelled and jogged up to me to catch up with my pace.

'Wae?' He asked.

'Wae, mwo?' I continued walking with my head looking down at the grey cemented pavements.

'Yah~' Key said in a gentle tone while he grips my right wrist.

'Yah! Apayo~' I whimpered. It is very painful. His grip is so tight like air tight that my wrist bone is gonna
break any minute from now.

I tried to free my wrist but he is still gripping it and won't let go of my hand.

'YAH! APAYO!!!' I screamed at him. All of a sudden, he pulled my wrist towards him and the next second, I felt a warm pressure on my lips. So warm and yet so nice~

Yaish! Wake up, RynnA! It's not Jang Geun Suk! It's that insolent Key! I tried to push him away but that has only made him to pull me closer to him, hugging me tighter and not letting me go. I... I was helpless at that moment.

Key’s POV :

She's trying to push me away but I managed to pull her into my arms. I hugged her tightly but she's struggling to get off of my hug. It's now or never, Key! Confess to her. NOW!

'Butterfly ah... Joowaheh~'

RynnA’s POV :

'Butterfly ah... Joowaheh~' He whispered to my ear. His confession has stopped me from struggling suddenly. I'm speechless and I felt as though my ears are burning and my cheeks are turning bright red like a red, smoking hot chilli then!

'Yah! Is this how you respond to people? By keeping quiet? How rude~' Key said sarcastically with me still in his arms.

'I don't know what to say...' I replied. He released me from his bear hug and held my shoulders.

'Mwo?? You don't know what to say?! Yah! Neo jinjja~ Aish!' He yelled.

'Yah! Wae are you yelling at me?! What do you expect me to say?!' Nado joowaheh? To be frank, I have started to develop some strange feelings towards him since the very first meeting even though he's such a big-headed guy!

'Aish! Forget I even said that!' Key throw tantrums at me like a 3 year old kid would do if he didn't get what he wants and he just walk ahead, leaving me standing there.

Yah, RynnA! If you do not appreciate what you are having now, you'll regret it and you have already had enough of troubles to face in your life. I don't wanna lose another important person in my life.

I ran up to him and wrapped my hands around his waist from the back.

'Mianhae, Key~' He kept quiet and did not move a single muscle from where he was.


'Nado...' I stopped for a while to take my breath. I'm nervous~ *sigh*

'Joowaheh~' I said to him as I know that if I didn't do it now, I'll have to encounter another regret in my lifespan on Earth and I don't want that kind of regret anymore.

'Butterfly~' He finally sounded and he turned around to face me. He then placed his hands on my shoulders and my hair. Rain began to drizzle. Again. Now, I'm gonna be wet. Again. And Key will be off screaming in horror bout what's happening to his hair. Again. *sighs*

But weirdly enough, Key didn't. He look straight into my eyes and he smiled at me. He's so charming~ I’m melting~

He cleared his voice and sang to me.

Butterfly,
Neoreul mannan chut sungan
Nooni beonjjeok meori stop
Belli ding dong oolleosseo
Nan malya meotjinnom chakhannom
Geureon nomeun anijiman
Nareumdaero gwaenchaneun bad boy
Neodo machi butterfly
Neomu yakhae ppajeosseo
Neomu soonhae ppajeosseo
Neol gyeotae dweoyagaesseo
Deoneun geokjeongma geokjeongma
Naman mideobomyeon dwaejana
Niga neomu mamae deuleo
Nochil su eopneun geol
Naega soomeul meomchool su oh crazy
Neomu yeppeo gyeondil su oh crazy
Neo animyeon pilyoeopda crazy
Na wae irae?


'Butterfly ah~ Do you know that you are the apple of my eyes all along?' he then asked gently and winked at me. I smiled at him and he leaned in towards me. Without knowing why, I backed a bit and he smirked at me.

'Saranghae, moth-eaten girl~ Saranghae, Butterfly and...' Key said.

'Saranghae, RynnA,' he continued with the last sentence that I wanted the most from him and he placed his lips on mine in a dash under the drizzling rain.

'Nado saranghae, pabo~ Nado saranghae, Quasimodo and...' I said.

'Nado saranghae, Key~' I continued as he pull me into his arms again.