A different type of love story. (Minhyuk scenario)

BTOB ONE SHOT FANFICS ~^-^~

I worked at a cafe for 5 years. Ever since I was fifteen, I dropped out of school. I was the most problematic kid in school, with cases like skipping classes, not doing homework, pulling pranks on people and shooting the teachers with erasers. The school gave up on me. I gave up on my studying. So I left school and got a stable job at the cafe. I met my husband, Lee Min Hyuk, and this cafe. Well, our love story can be quite interesting and complicated. But when he proposed to me and promised he would go through thick and thin with me, I knew he was the one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was just an ordinary day at work when I saw this guy, carrying his guitar, sitting down by the window side. He had a cup of coffee sitting by the table, and papers surrounding the coffee. He took out his pen and jotted down some notes. Something about this man attracts me. But I thought to myself, probably this would be the first and last time I'll see him here.

For the next few days, he appeared at the cafe at the same time, 2PM everyday with his guitar and papers. He came for a week. On a Friday, he passed a paper to me. "To the waitress that works at the cafe" it says. The paper was a song written by himself. The next day I treated him with his favourite usual cup of coffee.

The next 3 months were the best. We exchanged numbers and became friends, and he still frequents the cafe. Sometimes he would wait for me to end work and we would have dinner together. Spending time with him was good. I felt like myself, not someone that has a mask on everyday to show people that I'm 'happy'. He was an amazing guy, and I fell for him. He was different from any other guy I know. He makes me happy without even trying. I looked forward to seeing him everyday. Sometimes I wonder to myself does he actually get bored of me. He studied at one of Seoul's top university and came from a rich family. He was good-looking, many girls swarn around him just to get his number. Compared to me, I was nothing.

The way he asked me to be his girlfriend was the cutest thing ever. Just like any other ordinary day, he waited for me to end work. Instead of having dinner at a food court, he brought me to the beach. We sat down by the sand, with a mat that Minhyuk brought. He whipped out a guitar and started singing. I remembered the lyrics. It was the paper he passed to me 3 months ago, before we actually knew each other well. He ended the song with an additional line, "Will you be my girlfriend?" I still remembered the smile he had on his face when I said yes. We spend the rest of the day with the dinner Minhyuk made, seeing the sunset and counting the number of stars.

One of the days he brought me to his house to meet his parents. I think his parents isn't satisfied that I'm actually a school dropout and I'm working at a cafe. When Minhyuk and his mother excused themselves to the kitchen to do the dishes, his father told me, "You're an amazing girl. You're polite and kind. However please understand that we wish that Minhyuk would get a girlfriend of his standards." His words hit me hard. From then onwards, I thought to myself, "I'm not good enough for him."  When he drove me home that day, he noticed that I'm not extremely talkative. He asked me anything went wrong. I kept his father's words from him.

That wasn't the last time I felt that I wasn't good enough for him. One of the days when I was working, a girl who dresses really smart and has tons of jewellery on her came into the cafe. She was carrying a file that has Minhyuk school's name on it. I presume she was from the same school as him. She came over to me and said, "You're Minhyuk's girlfriend right? I'm Jing Ki, Minhyuk's ex-girlfriend." Wow, even her name sounds classy. During my break she ask me to sit down with her over a cup of coffee. "You know Minhyuk came from a high society family right? I'm not trying to sound bad, but between me and you, I'm more suitable for him in terms of status and money. We may have broken up, but doesn't mean we are never ever getting back together. I want Minhyuk back." She left her words hanging in my head.

The past two conversations has actually left me thinking I'm not good enough for Minhyuk. They were all right. Minhyuk is from the higher society, while I'm just a nobody. Today I was extremely moody. Minhyuk was being really nice to me, offering his jacket to me when he saw me shivering and bought me my favourite roadside snack. I then realised he was too good for me. I stood by the roadside, "Minhyuk, let's break up." I left him by the roadside, thinking what went wrong. I didn't give him a chance to speak nor ask. I remembered it was pouring that day, where I just ran under the rain, with my tears mixed with the rain.

He didn't appear the next day. Then the day that followed after. A week passed by. He still didn't come. I knew he gave up on me. He probably moved on to another girl, a girl with the same status as him. He was gone. I couldn't blame anyone but myself. I blamed myself for not studying hard, for not getting into a good school. 

It's been two weeks since I last saw Minhyuk. I was back to the ordinary girl, who works and returns home on time. It was a cold Sunday night and it was raining. All I know was I want to get home as soon as I can, before I actually catch a cold. I quicken my pace under the pouring rain. Shivering, this was the worse day ever. As I was waiting for the traffic light, I felt that the rain stopped. I looked up. An umbrella. There he was, standing beside me. I felt that the frame has freezed. Both of us didn't move nor talk, we just stared right into each other eyes. He dropped the umbrella and hugged me. "Don't leave me. I'm sorry for not appearing for the past two weeks. I was out of Korea. My father told me about the conversation he had with you the other day when you were over at my house. I ran out of the house. I went overseas alone so I could think quietly. And I came back knowing, I need you. Who cares about the status difference between us? You don't have to care about what my parents think. It's my own decision and I will never regret it. I'm willing to give up all of my fortune rather than you.  I love you." I remembered him kneeing down in the pouring rain, with a box in his hands. Inside the box sits a ring.

A year later, I walked down the aisle in a church with in my wedding dress and my arms locked with my father. A smiling Lee Minhyuk and his father stood at the front. "I hand my daughter over to you. Take good care of her." I heard my father saying. Minhyuk's father flashed me a smile before going over to his seat. I remembered saying our vows and wearing our rings for each other. As his lips met mine, I knew, this is a good start for the both of us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for not updating! ): My brain isn't working, it's already on its holiday mood. I apologise for not updating for so long, and this story is really short... I promise the next one would be a better story!