1 year of memories. (Eunkwang scenario)

BTOB ONE SHOT FANFICS ~^-^~

It was a cold, winter morning. Extremely cold I say. Despite being really cold, I was really happy and excited. Eunkwang is coming back from Japan today. It has been 2 months since I last saw him, I've missed him so much. Finally I get to spend quality time with him. Putting on layers of clothes to protect myself from the cold, I stepped out of the house and took a deep breath of the cooling breeze. All of a sudden I felt a chest pain. It causes me breathing difficulties. I panicked for awhile, but it stopped just 10 seconds later. Recovering from the shock, I took off to a cafe that Eunkwang and I frequently went for our dates. I definitely need a Latte to calm myself down.

-EUNKWANG POV-
At the minute the plane touched down in Seoul, I handed my bags to the members and rushed off to the cafe where she's waiting for me. I've missed her. For the past 2 months, I video called her everyday but still,  it wasn't enough. I missed her hugs and kisses. I miss holding her hands and running away from the paparazzis or crazy fans together with her. Despite being an idol and having little private life, she still stayed by my side and is always there for me. I can't imagine my life without her. I bought her favourite Japanese food, Mochi. Carrying the freshly-made mochis, I flag down a cab.

-MY POV-
I ordered 2 cups of Latte and 2 slices of cheesecake. Eunkwang loves cheesecake. I hated them. I hated the taste of cheese on my mouth. But ever since I met Eunkwang, he fed me with thousands of cheesecake and aegyo so I can't help but fall in love with cheesecake. I settle myself down on the table near the window, with a rose in the middle of the table. 'What's taking him so long?' I thought to myself. Tapping my fingers down on the table, I was counting down to his arrival. I felt arms around my shoulders. "Hey Baby. I bought your favourite, Mochi." Eunkwang's voice flowed into my ears. He gave me a peck on my head and sat down on the chair opposite of mine. He handed me a red box filled with many different colours and flavours of mochi. I felt happiness rushed through my body, despite being busy with promotions in Japan, Eunkwang still managed to find some time to buy mochi for me. What more could I ask for a perfect guy like him?

-EUNKWANG POV-
I saw her sitting down by the window as I came out of the cab. I opened the cafe's door and tipped toe to her back. Wrapping my arms around her, I gave her a peck on the top of her head. She looks excited as I handed her the box of mochi. I love seeing her smile, especially her signature eye-smile that can never fail to melt me. She was the perfect girl for me, I'm already planning to marry her.

-MY POV-
We spent our time in the cafe sipping our Latte, munching on cheesecake and chewing on mochi. At 4PM we headed down to the nearby supermarket to get ingredients for tonight's dinner. Eunkwang and I loved cooking together. His speciality is egg soup and rice stuffed in fried tofu bag. It was really simple, but delicious. Probably filled with love. "Chicken stew or beef stew?" I asked Eunkwang. While waiting for his reply, I felt the chest pain coming back to me. My breath got heavier and I panicked, while trying to breathe through my mouth. I started coughing, badly too. Eunkwang ran over to me and supported me by the shoulders. The worry look on his face makes me sad. I hate him being worried. I assured him I was fine and gave him a kiss. Preparing dinner was chaotic as I see tons of broken egg shells and burned rice. How long has it been since he last cooked?! 

-EUNKWANG POV-
I sat down on a chair as I watched her cook her signature chicken stew. I screwed up my cooking but I managed to make a few fried tofu bag. My mind was distracted. She was a healthy person, she goes for a jog with me occasionally and even plays football with the members. What happened at the supermarket worries me. With a worried face and voice, I told her, "Are you sure you're not sick? You're a healthy person, you hardly fall sick. Baby can you please go see a doctor?" She smiled at me and said, "Alright, I will. Tomorrow morning." I felt a load of my chest as she agreed to see the doctor. We happily finished dinner and spend the rest of the day cuddling, feeling warm despite the cold weather.

-MY POV-
Eunkwang left early in the morning to return to the studio for practice. Finishing the toast and egg soup he prepared for me, I headed out to a nearby clinic. I hardly visit any clinic, and it felt really umcomfortable visiting the doctor. Finally, my name was being called. I knocked on the doctor's door and entered the room. Telling the doctor about what happened yesterday, he reqiures a blood test from me. He sounded really serious. "Come back in 3 days to collect your blood test report." I was worried. I've never taken a blood test before. I kept the blood test from Eunkwang. I didn't want him to worry. I lied to him that I was having a minor flu and it was nothing serious or life-threantening. 

3 days later I went back to the clinic. The doctor told me to brace myself and bombed the news to me. I have lung cancer. For the past year I have occasional chest pains, difficulty breathing and constant coughing but I presumed that they were nothing serious. Now I have lung cancer. And I don't have much time to live. It was too late to seek for treatment. I couldn't let Eunkwang know. I do not want to break his heart. I've decided to spent the last moments of my life with him, before leaving him. I just want to create beautiful memories and keep them in my heart before leaving this world. He doesn't need to know what I'm suffering from...

-EUNKWANG POV-
I heaved a sigh of relief and she told me she was just suffering from a minor flu. The next day we spent the day at the amusement park, screaming away on the rides and haunted houses. She loves going to the amusement park. However, this time, she doesn't seem too enthusiastic about it anymore. She seems a lot weaker and less happier. Whenever I asked her what happened, she just smiles and says she's fine. I really hope she is.

-MY POV-
2 weeks later I went to the hospital to check up on my Lung cancer. It got worse. The cancer cells has spread and I'm only left with a year to live. What hit me the most was that, I'm pregnant. The doctor said that the baby is fine, in fact, he/she is really healthy. Chances of my lung cancer spreading to the baby is low, so the baby would be born healthily. It was both bad and good news to me.

I strolled through the park as my mind was filled with thousands of thoughts. I wanted to keep the baby, but I wouldn't live to see him/her grow. Eunkwang always love children, and I know he would be elated to hear about this news. I can't let the baby grow without a mother. My mind was in a whirl and I didn't know what to do.

I met up with my sister and told her about my condition. I cried along with her as she cried once knowing about my cancer. As she wiped my tears away, she said, "Keep the baby." After hearing my sister's explaination, I've decided to keep the baby and not throwing a small life away. 

-EUNKWANG POV-
I felt like the happiest man in the world when she told me she was pregnant. We weren't married yet, but we could always get married after she gave birth. For the next 9 months, she and I took tons of pictures together, and video-taped the process of her stomach growing. 3 months later, we knew that the baby was a girl.

-MY POV-
9 months later, I was prepared for labour. It was hard keeping the cancer news from Eunkwang, but lucky enough, the doctor was kind enough to hide it from him. I knew my time was almost up. My body was getting weaker. I lied to Eunkwang that it was due to the pregnancy, that's why I'm getting tired and tired. He believed me. It was just like any other ordinary day when I felt my stomach getting more and more painful. Suddenly my water bag broke. I was panicking but thankful as Eunkwang spent the previous night over at my house. I was rushed to the hospital immediately as I kept holding on to Eunkwang's hand. 

I was wheeled into the labour room while Eunkwang waited for me outside. The pain was killing me. I nearly wanted to give up. But no, this is mine and Eunkwang's child. I have to keep pushing. Finally after 22 hours, I heard wailing noises. She was brought into this world. Our child. 

I was in a bright white room, wearing a long, white flowly dress. This room was filled with memories and pictures of me of my growing process. From young, till now. Memories in school, at work, with my family and with Eunkwang. Something about this room attracts me and I don't want to leave this place. I saw my great-grandmother. I called out for her. She reached out her hands, and signalled me to hold her hand. I stretched out my hand, and held hers.

Back at the hospital, my heartbeat stopped. My baby girl was born healthily into the world. My pulse stopped after she was born. The doctors tried. They tried to revive me. It was too late. My cancer cells killed me. I was gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Daddy, where's Mummy?" Our daughter, Hye Mi, asked.

5 years ago, she left me. Without saying goodbye. She never told me about her Lung cancer. She knew she would be gone forever. She didn't want me to sad and worried for her.

I carried Hye Mi up and pointed at the sky. "Hye Mi-ah, your Mummy is in a faraway place where you and I can't see her. Your Mummy is an angel now. A beautiful Angel. You may not see her, but don't forget, she forever lives in your heart."