My Savior

Not Your Ordinary Housepet

 

Youngmin and Kwangmin were whining ang banging on the door loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear. Their older sister sighed and shook her head as she refused to get out of the peaceful and quiet four corners of her room. She'd rather stay there than go. Her new school whould be the same as the previous one anyways. There would be bullying and she would always be hated by girls of her age. Boys and girls would non-stop and all that's left for her to do was to weep silently all by herself in the secrecy of her little room.

 

"Noona if you don't open the door we'll break this down!"

"Noona come out we'll be late for school!!!"

 

Youngmin and Kwangmin continued to bang the door in an attempt to have their older sister step out of the room. Instead of opening the door, their sister only dug herself under the thick covers of her bed.

 

"Aish! We have to get her out of the bed and convince her to go to school." Key said as he stretched his body with his forelegs  lay flat on the floor and his retractable claws showing out. His back was prominently high and his tail wagging with such sophistication only a cat could do.

 

"But how do we do that?" Onew asked, chewing the rabbit pellets that his master had given him a while ago for his breakfast. He hopped towards his master's bed, with a brilliant idea in the back of his mind, and proceeded with his plan. He took the end of the blanket and began chewing on it but being careful not to destroy it for he didn't want his master to be upset with him.

 

Minho and Taemin tilted their heads to the side in confusion as to what their rodent leader was doing. A lightbulb flashed above their heads and they began to made way towards their master's bed and did just what Onew was doing. Thank heavens for their cute little teeths and their chewing abilities, their master would be forced to get out of bed and go to school.

 

"Onew, Minho, Taemin don't do that. I already gave you your food so please stop chewing on my blanket." Their master turned over and faced the three of them with gentle eyes pleading for them not to destroy her things. "I thought we already settled this. No chewing of my things or I won't give you your favorite sunflower seeds."

 

The three stopped on what they were doing and just stared at their owner with such adoration. How could she be so kind to them and treat them as if they were humans? Their master smiled at them. Even the morning sunshine could not put up with such brightness. She giggled, "You're all too cute. I know it's already morning and you want to wake me up and... I'm very sorry if the twins woke you up too with their loud voices. Forgive them for me hmm?"

 

Taemin blushed. If only his master could notice it under the hamster facade, she would see the thousand shades of red in his cute little face. Minho became shy and decided to just lay down beside his master. Onew did the same.

 

A rough pull of covers made the three tumble. Small dog paws dug the covers away. Barking wake up calls reverberated in the entire room. Jonghyun wagged his tail happily with his achievement to pull the covers away from his master. The only thing left now is for him to get her to school. He barked and barked like any puppy would do to get his master's attention.

 

"Good morning Jonghyun." His master greeted him. Jonghyun continued to bark. "Come on master wake up now and show me some love."

 

His master sat upright and patted his head as an award for being a good puppy. If Jonghyun only had arms he would jump up and embrace her. But nothing could stop our resident golden retriever from doing so despite the lack of arms. He jumped up to his master and her face in affection.

 

"Nice job attention seeker." Key rolled his cat eyes as he strode towards the bed and casually lay down on his master's lap.

 

"Good morning to you too Key." Minho and Onew surrounded their master as she showed them affection that no one else could do to a pet. Noticing that someone else was missing, their master asked, "Where's Taemin?" She couldn't find him. Her heart sank thinking that her run away from her. She immediately got up and searched for her dearest hamster. Then, she found a little moving object under the blanket that Jonghyun has shoved away. She pulled the heap of cloth knowing who was underneath it. "There you are Taemin!" she chirped. "I thought I already lost you." She picked him up in her hands and cuddled him. She kissed him which took Taemin by surprise and made him blush another thousand shades of crimson.

 

"Lucky guy!"

"Such a baby."

"Way to go maknae!"

"Congrats. Taemin."

 

Jonghyun, Key, Onew, and Minho stared at their youngest with smiles on their faces. Suddenly the door broke open revealing their two doppleganger masters.