Final

Love In The Rain

 

I don’t know why my mom sent me to all-girls school. And I started to wonder about that since I was in 1st year of middle school. However, I never asked my mom why.

I went along with my life, having no friends, oops, maybe I have, but not so many and they weren’t close enough to me to be considered as my best friend.

Being in all-girls school, I don’t have to face so many troubles, heart-broken things that at least a normal teenager will feel. Although some of my schoolmates did feel that, but not me. It’s not because I’m antisocial or what, it’s just that I think love is something that I don’t really need... yet or should I say love is not necessary for me right now. I want my first love to be my husband; the one who I will spend times together with him for the rest of our life. I want to remember my first love without crying like some people do. I want my first love to be a great memory, a great ending with us marrying each other.

---

It was like usual. The school ended and I quickly went to the same spot which I wait for my mother everyday. I needed to go there fast or I couldn’t see him today. I think I’m so lucky today, because I saw him turning at the corner near the entrance of my school. Luckily it’s not raining today, I thought. I watched he walked until he was gone from my sight.

Right after his back sight disappeared, my mom stopped her car in front of me. I hopped inside, smiling madly. My mother raised an eyebrow to me, but I just ignored it and pretended like I didn’t see it. I continued smiling for the whole time on the way to my house when suddenly, I guess I’m so lucky today… again because I saw a familiar back from my seat. Is it him? But I don’t think so because I never saw him walking here since the first day I noticed him. My guess was wrong, it was really him. Before, I just recognized him from his built, and I hope today I can see his face. And I think god heard my wish, because I got to see his face when my mom drove past him.

And… guess what? I was so shocked that I didn’t move even a flinch, my body stiff on that gesture until my mom said to me that we already reached home. Did I just see an angel just now? How can a human be so good-looking? Or… am I dreaming?

That thought kept on repeating inside my mind, even when I took my bath. His face kept on playing in my mind and I even forgot to eat my dinner. My mother knocked on my door, to check up on me because I didn’t go down to have my dinner, cause it’s not so me if I skip my meal. I just said I’m fine and I’ll go down after I’ve finished my homework.

---

I woke up late today because that thought and the scene which I saw his face wouldn’t leave my mind. Luckily I’ve done my homework or I must go to the detention and couldn’t see him today.

I quickly took a quick shower before wearing my uniform. I didn’t have enough time to even comb my hair, so I took my comb along with me. I’ll just comb my hair in the car. My mother passed me a tupperware of breakfast and asked me to eat it on the way to school. Luckily my father drove me to school today or I’ll be dead meat. I reached school right before the gate closed.

A boring day comes again~, I thought before made my way to my class.

---

I kept on repeating the same routine over and over again until I reached the age where I’ll be going to the university. I don’t know whether I’m happy or sad but obviously I was so so so sad because I won’t see him again. I wish I can meet him one day, I said in my heart.

---

I attended my class everyday and I’ll make sure I didn’t skip any classes. I don’t have many friends, same like when I’m in middle and high school. Whatever, I don’t even care about that, I came here to study.

Until one day when some guy I barely know bumped into me on the shoulder. The papers that I held in my hands flew in the air. He apologized to me and helped me picked up the papers that were scattered on the floor. I just gave him a small smile when I got froze when I saw the person beside that guy.

It’s him!, I screamed in my heart. I think I was so happy that he, not the guy that bumped me but the guy beside him, he waved his hand in front of my face, asking if I’m okay or not. I nodded and continued staring at him. I guess he was so uncomfortable that he looked down to the ground. Sensing his uncomfortableness, I bowed before leaving them in the middle of the lobby of the university. ‘’I’m sorry’’.

 

Since that day, I always saw him walking around the university with his friends. At least he has friends. I continued to stare at him before I realized that I was late for my class. I ran like a mad person and bumped into some students. ‘’I’m sorry, I’m sorry’’. After panting hard in front of the door, I walked in, looking down. I was so shy to even look at people. After I think I already reached my usual seat, I lifted my head. ‘’Oh my god!’’, I almost said it out loud. There, I saw him chatting happily with his friend. I never knew he is in the same class as me, I smiled and sat on my seat.

---

My class ended that day and it was raining. What I felt like mad is I didn’t bring my umbrella along with me. Why must today? ERGHHH!

I decided to run in the rain or I’ll miss the bus. My parents did want to buy me a car, but I insisted them not to because I know they’ll just waste their money. If I have a car, I’ll just going back and forth from my house to the university, so it is completely wasting.

I ran and ran until I felt the rain didn’t drop on me anymore. I stopped and looked up but I didn’t see the sky, but an umbrella instead, and it’s the same umbrella which I gave to him long time ago. I was so shocked and looked at the one who holds the umbrella and I felt like fainting.

“This is yours, right?’’