Goodbye

Goodbye

Changmin and his friends met Seohyun and her friends when they all went to the same school. Ever since their first encounter they been friends with each other. All nine of them were always together no matter what. Seohyun and Changmin started dating each other around August, he would wait until she gets out of her class and they walk home together. Everyday a car would come pick Changmin up  but he refuse it everyday, he choice to walk with her.

 

"Seohyun ah." he call out to her.

She turn around to face her boyfriend. " Yes."

Held her hand. " Don’t walk to far from me." he said.

She give him a smile." I will never walk to far from you." she sneeze his hand.

 

The two of them would always go sit by this big tree, every year since they dated they would crave into the tree. They been with each other since freshman and now they are in junior, their  four year anniversary was coming up. Changmin got Seohyun a necklace while she got him a watch, they exchange their gifts for each other.

 

"Changmin this is beautiful." she said still looking at the necklace.

"Let me put it on you." she hand the necklace to him. "Do you like it?"

"Of course, I don’t like it I love it Changmin." she smile

"Done." turn her around to face him. "I'm happy you like it." give her a kiss

 

The next morning Changmin waited at the big tree for her, they went to school together. They were holding hands with each other.

 

"How was your sleep last night?" she ask him

Thought about it. "Good, how yours?"

"What's wrong?" he ask

"Nothing, its just that I was so happy last night I couldn’t get much sleep."

Stop her from walking and turn her to face him."Seohyun, you make me the happiest person in this world."

"No, you make me the happiest girl alive Changmin." give him a hug.

 

The young couple continue to walk towards their school, when the bell ring he would run to her last class. Seohyun was talking to their friends when Changmin reach them. The couple left together and their friends watch them.

 

"Do you think he told her?" said one of the girls.

"It doesn’t seem like it." said other girl.

Turn to face them. "Do you think we should tell her."

"Jessica do you think she would believe us."

"It's better for her to know before its too late." said shorter girl.

"Yuri, let's go home." said Yunho

 

They all left the school together and headed home, the next morning Changmin didn’t come to school. Seohyun waited for him at their spot but he never show up, their friends left school when they notice she was at school. On their way to her house they saw her sitting by the big tree waiting, they went over to her.

 

"Seohyun." said the girls

Look up. "Oh, what are you guys doing here?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for Changmin." her softy voice answer

"Enough, just tell her already." he shouted a bit loud

"Kyuhyun!" said the boys

"What? She our friends and Changmin girlfriend, she needs to know."

She stood up from the table and walk over to Kyuhyun. "What's going on?" she said holding his hand

"Seohyun, we wanted to tell you this before but we couldn’t after seeing how happy you were." her voice was shaking

"What is it?" she shouted at them

 "Changmin and his family left, his father had a job transfer."

 

Seohyun didn’t know what she was feeling, she looked at all her friends with sadness in her eyes and ran towards Changmin house. Her friends chase after her, when they reach Changmin house and it was empty. She kept knocking on the door but there was no answer, her friends told her he already left this morning and she break down crying. The girls try to comfort her but she push them away.

 

"How can you not tell me." she said between her sobs

"Seohyun we wanted to..believe me we did." she Jessica

"Yuri, Jessica, and Hyoyeon, if your boyfriend left you without saying anything and your best friends hide it from you..how would you feel."

 

The girls didn’t say anything and Kyuhyun walk over to her, he took her by the hand and drag her away from Changmin house. She cry in Kyuhyun arms for the rest of the night, the next morning she went to their spot again and waited for him, but when she saw her friends all waiting there for her she didn’t know what to do.

 

"Seohyun we're sorry?" said Hyoyeon

She try to smile." We should of told you from the start."

"It's ok." hug her friends.

 

All eight of them headed to school, but since Changmin left Seohyun wasn’t the same girl. She try to cover her sadness whenever her friends are next to her or with her. But they can see she was suffering, junior and senior went by really slow for Seohyun. Her friends all headed off to college while she stay behind and go to the college there. Every year during august she would go and crave a word into the tree and put the date down.

 

It's been 8 years since she heard anything from Changmin, but she never give up hope that one day they will meet again. The nine friends receive a email about a gathering in Jeju, they all took that week off and headed to Jeju. When they met each other on their way out of the airport, they were surprise to see each other. In the restaurant the girls sat across from the four boys.

 

"Yuri you look good." said Yunho

Smile. "Thank you, you also look good yourself."

"Are any of you married."

The girls nod their head. "What about you guys?"

"I got married two years ago." said Jaejoong.

"Oh that's nice." said Hyoyeon

"Kyu what about you?"

Look outside. "No, I'm not in a hurry to get married."

 

Awkward silent feels the air between them, Kyu was still looking outside when he saw someone that looked like Seohyun. He got up and ran out, his friends chase after him.  He couldn’t get to her before she was gone, they went back inside the restaurant.

 

After couple of days together they start to feel the same again when they were in their junior high. They all headed to the school and there they met Changmin.

 

"Changmin, is that you?" said Yunho

"Yunho." he said excited.

Hug each other. "Wow, you guys have change a lot." he said

"You too..where have you been all this time?" ask Jae

"I been working with my father." after he give the boys the manly hug he saw the three girls. "Hyoyeon, Jessica, and Yuri." he said with a smile

"Hi Changmin." said the three girls.

"Where she?" he ask

 

The girls look at each other before looking at the man who ask for her, they told him they also lost contact of her during the 5 years they been apart.  The groups look at all their art work and photos.  Yuri found a photo of all nine of them together and her smile sort of faded. She just kept looking at the photo until the other two girls saw it too.

 

"Yuri." said Hyoyeon

Turn to look at her." I miss us being together."

"Me to." hug Yuri

Jessica join the hug. "It's good to see you girls gain."

 

The four man took the photo from Yuri hand and look at it, Jae, Yunho, Onew felt sad when they saw the photo of them all next to the person they once dated.

 

"It's in the past, let's forget it and just be happy." said Kyu

"Yeah, we are married to wonderful people in our live." Yunho answer

"Jessica, let's go for a walk…its been 5 years since we seem each other." looking at her.

She thought about it for couple second. "Sure." stood up.

 

The six people just look as those two disappear and both Jae and Yunho also ask to speak with Hyoyeon and Jae alone, leaving Changmin and Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun decided to go walk around the school if anything change, Changmin went to walk down the little road he use to go. As he kept walking he saw the big tree, he went over there and saw the words they crave in.

 

"Seohyun ah, its been 8 years since I seem you..are you doing well." touch the craved words

 

He walk around the tree and saw some newer crave words, when he saw that it was Seohyun who been there every year to write on the tree his heart felt the pain.

 

"After all these years your still here." his voice shaking

 

Changmin starts walking back towards the school when he saw a women walking on the same road, she was hoping left to right. She slip on a small rock and fell, he ran towards her and help her up when he saw her.

 

"C..Changmin." her voice was so softy that it hurts him to hear

His eyes didn’t move from her face after he eyes landed on her. "Se..Seohyun." slowly moving his hand towards her face. "Is it really you."

"Changmin, where have you been?" his hand touch her face and their tears came down at the same time.

"I..it's really you." his left hand was about to touch her face when she saw the ring on his finger.

"No." let go of his hand and back away a little. "Changmin, you're..you're." tears just keep rolling down her face.

 

Seohyun turn around to face the school, she starts running to the school. She ran into a man and they both fell. He got up and help her when he realize it her. She were about to walk away when he called her name.

 

"Seo Joohyun." his voice was soft

She turn around and saw him. "K..Kyuhyun." ran to hug him.

Hug her back. "Seohyun its really you." hug her tighter.

 

Kyuhyun and Seohyun went to sit down and talk, she told him why she cry and such. He didn’t know that Seohyun loved his best friend this much.

 

"You waited these whole eight years for him."

Nod her head. "Aren't I stupid." try laughing

"No, your not stupid..he the stupid one that left you." wipe her tears

"I miss him so much, what should I do." crying in his arms

"Don't cry, I know he miss you very much too."

"Then why..why did he get married."

"Seohyun." she look up and saw the others staring at her with teary eyes.

 

She stood up and went to hug the girls, the three girls return the hug. Yunho and the other two man also hug Seohyun. The girls went out to talk with each other.

 

"Seohyun, how are you? What have you been doing?"

Smile at her three friends. "Good, still working on letting him go." her smile face turn into a frowns

"You really love him this much." said Hyoyeon

Smile at the older girl. "Never once I didn’t think about him, but after all this time he was happily married to someone else." tears were about to run down her face again

"It's not easy as I thought it would be." said Hyoyeon

 

Both Jessica, Yuri and Seohyun didn’t say anything after Hyoyeon said that, the girls went to their old place they use to hangout.

 

"Everything here is still the same."

"Everything is the same but the people aren't anymore."

Each girl walk to the spot they always sat at."Look my name still here." said Hyoyeon

"Remember we always leave our name at the spot we love the most." said Jessica

 

Seohyun took out the photos she had of them and their ex lover, the girls smile seeing these old photos. Hyoyeon grab the photo of her and Jaejoong and walk to the smaller tree on the edge.

 

"I'll put my past with you, one day when I die I will come back here and wait for him." kiss the photo of them.

 

Hyoyeon bury the photo and walk back to the other three girls, they knew she still love him but now they are both already married and starting a family soon.

 

"Let's leave our past here and start our life as new women." hyoyeon said standing up.

 

The three girls got up and they start going back to the school, Seohyun took them to her house. On their way there Changmin wanted to talk with her but he couldn’t find a good time. After she finish cooking food for them they all sat down together and eat.

 

"It's been 5 long years." said kyu

"It has."

Changmin look at Seohyun. " I wish you all well and have a happy future with your wife/husband." said Seohyun and raise her cup of soju.

"Cheer. "

 

They were drinking for the rest of the night, it was getting late when they all knock out from drinking so much. Seohyun clean up the bottles and plates when she saw Changmin looking at her.

 

"Why arent you sleeping." try not to look at him again

"Let me help you." walk towards her.

Walk backward. "No..i'll do it myself."

"Then I'll watch you."

"Please don’t."

 

After she finish cleaning Changmin try talking to her but she didn’t want too talk about anything, she went to her room when he follow her. Inside her room he saw the photos of him and her together.

 

"Seohyun." feeling guilty

"Don’t, I'll get over it."

"Let me explain." try to get closer to her.

Shake her head. "No, if you do..it would just be harder on me..let's not make things harder on us then it already is."

"Seohyun."

"Stop calling my name Changmin."

"Please let me explain."

"Changmin please leave my room, tomorrow you have a early flight back to Seoul."

 

Changmin left her room, the next morning she took them to the airport. The boys are the first to depart from the girls.

 

"Girls, it was nice meeting you again..hope we see each other again." said Yunho

"Hyoyeon ah, thank you for the walk." he said with a smile

"Have a good flight back boys." said Yuri

"Bye." the girls wave to them

 

Changmin ran back to Seohyun, he took out an envelope and give it to her. He ran back to the line. The plane took off and the girls were just sitting and talking to each other.

 

"Seohyun, we have to go now." said Jessica

"Ok, you girls be safe and come visit me sometimes." hug each other.

"We will." said the three girls.

 

As Seohyun walk out of the airport into the parking lot, she open the envelope and look inside it. She found a box and found a letter inside. She went inside her car and open the what's inside the  box, she saw jewelry.

 

"Jewelry?" open the letter.  "Seohyun ah, my beautiful girl..i'm sorry that I have to leave like this, I want to tell you that I never forget you..every August I went to buy you something but I couldn’t send it to you. I'm sorry for leaving you without a word, I regret it a lot. I know you will never forgive me for leaving you behind but I want you to know that I have always loved you, I will never grow tired of you my sweet Seohyun ah. I wish I could have been a better boyfriend to you, protect you, love you and be there for you but at the end I fail..do you know when I saw you I wanted to world to stop so I can stare at you forever. I promise you that i'll be the one to come and find you in our next life for hurting you so much. I name my daughter after you, because I couldn’t think of any other name but yours..Seohyun ah, promise me that you will find someone that will be a better boyfriend to you and have a family with him..live until your old ok. I loved you today, I loved you yesterday, I will always love and I will always do."

 

Seohyun open the jewelry box and saw eight piece of jewelry and one diamond ring, there was a tiny letter inside the box.

 

"Seohyun ah, i wanted you to be my wife, but fate didnt allow us to be with each other." pick the ring up. "Why didn’t you just tell me your feelings." tears ran out of  her eyes.

 

Ok, so here my oneshot..haha..sorry if it but I try my best. ^^ thank you all.