Change

Decision Time

Seungri's bedroom where chaos reigned and hilarity often ensued but not that night. That night, Seungri was huddled on his bed with a notebook on his knee and a pen dancing on it's pages. He did not know when he first felt the need to write but as their afternoon practice session drew to close, it felt almost unbearable. While the others remained behind talking to each other (at least that's what Ji Yong thinks he is doing), Seungri rushed towards the apartment he shared with his hyung.

He 'borrowed' the book first and then rushed to his bedroom before realizing he did not have a pen. Just as he was about to snag one from Ji Yong's pencil case, his phone rang.

"When did you leave? What are you doing?" Ji Yong barked. Seungri held the phone away from his ear and rolled his eyes.

"Nothing. I felt tired, that's all," he replied evenly tip toe-ing out of his hyung's bedroom as though Ji Yong would find out just by hearing his foot steps.

"Whatever. You promised to wait for me," Ji Yong said accusingly. The maknae resisted rolling his eyes again. The leader only made him promise so that Seungri does not escape the criticisms about his performance that day.

"I won't do it again."

"Good because I won't let you." Ji Yong said. This time Seungri groaned as he entered his room again.

"Stop complaining and make me food,"

"I can't, hyung. I'm working,"

"On what?" Ji Yong asked curiously.

Seungri set his pen beside the notebook and thought about the answer.

"A song or maybe a story. I can't explain it, hyung, it just-"

"Came to you. I understand. Focus on that. I'll try to get some frozen noodles,"

 

 

***************************************

When Ji Yong came home, he found Seungri scribbling furiously with his tongue between his teeth. There was ink on all his fingers and pieces of paper lying on the sheets. Once in a while, Seungri would stop and sing a phrases in a soft voice. If he likes it, he would carry but if it felt odd, he would cross it out angrily before starting again.

"Is this what I looked like when I work?" Ji Yong muses. As quietly as he could he stepped out and headed for the kitchen. As he cooked, he thought about how the maknae had matured. Seungri often complained about how boring writing lyrics was and how he would prefer it if someone else did all the work for him. Things change it seems and he was torn. Happy that his maknae was growing up and perhaps accepting himself as he accepts him and sad that his role in Seungri's life was slightly diminished.

Just as he set the noodles down on their tiny kitchen table, Seungri came out of his room, stretching and yawning. Without a word, he practically inhaled his food and gazed longingly at Ji Yong's.

"Can I see?"

" What?" Seungri asked still staring at his hyung's bowl.

"What you've been working on," Ji Yong replied.

Seungri's eyes snapped wide open. "What? No way!"

"Why?" Ji Yong whined.

"You'll tear it too pieces on time at all. No way am I showing you." Seungri vehemently said.

Ji Yong felt sharp pain in his chest. "Am I that bad?"

Seeing the hurt in his eyes, Seungri shook his head.

"I meant that you are better at it and it's still a draft so it's rubbish. I can't show until I'm done with it,"

Ji Yong brightened up instantly. "So, you'll show me? Can't wait,"

Seungri narrowed his eyes thinking that he was played.

 I'll show you alright," he said standing up,"when I get my solo album,"

Then he bolted. Ji Yong smiled. Not all things have changed and he decided he was glad.

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

The reason this is all over the place and isn't funny is cause I'm working on a non-kpop short story that is all angst and emo. The next one shot will be better, I promise.