Chapter 1

Cupid On A Mission

Location: Heaven 
(Love Department)
 
[Myung-hee's P.O.V.]
 
     "Myung-hee, please report to the Headmaster Cupid immediately!" the lady over the intercom said.
     *Omo! Am I in trouble?* I thought as I quickly made my way to the Headmaster Cupid's office. When I got to the front of his office door, I stopped and took a deep breath before knocking on it. Many scenarios were running through my head at this point. The Headmaster Cupid could either be promoting me up to Official Cupid, sending me on a mission, or banning me from the Cupid World. But I like to think that it's not the last possibility because being banned from the Cupid World is very shameful.
     *knock knock*
     "Come in," I heard the headmaster Cupid say. 
     I walked into his office. "Ummm, s-someone s-said that you n-needed me for s-something," I stuttered. I mentally face-palmed myself for sounding so stupid in front of the headmaster Cupid.
     "Yes, I do need you for something," he replied. "Come Myung-hee and have a seat right there." He pointed to a chair in front of his desk. 
     "First, I need you to relax. You're not in any trouble. I've called you hear to give you mostly good news and maybe one bad news depending how you want to think of it."
     "Oh, okay. I'm sorry. I tend to stutter to much for some reason when I'm nervous or when I think I'm in trouble. What is it you need me here for today?" I asked as I tilted my head to the side.
     "I've called you here to tell you that you are about to be promoted to Official Cupid."
     "Really?!?!" I asked excitedly.
     "Yes, but under ONE condition. You must pass the final task that I give you."
     "What's the task?" I asked, "Is it hard?"
     "Your last mission before promoting is to go down to earth and help this young, cold-hearted boy find love," the headmaster Cupid said.
     "That sounds easy!" I said happily.
     "Nuh-uh-uh. It's not as easy as you think. Two other cupids have tried to help him before you and both have failed. Also, you only have until Valentine's Day. Which is in exactly 31 days." 
     "What?!?!" I said a little too loudly. 
     "Don't worry too much Myung-hee. I believe you can do it. Plus, I'll be giving you guidance throughout the whole mission, he reassured me.
     "Okay. When will I leave for earth?" 
     "Tomorrow morning, if that's okay with you. I'll give you the boy's profile tomorrow before you leave."
     "Sure. Tomorrow sounds good," I told him. "I guess I'll be going now so I can get ready," I said as I began to get up and slowly make my way to the door.
     "Until tomorrow Myung-hee."