chapter six

The Man in the Mirror

Chapter six - An Old Friend Found

 

It took Chanhee quite a bit of effort to recover himself and stumble back into the gym.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Chanhee yelled, directing his shout at the female who prompted him to go out.

"That was fun, wasn't it?" The female voice chirped back happily, clearly satisfied with her work.

"I did not rot in that mirror for a hundred years only to come out and discover that I have a twin in the future." Chanhee growled and stalked off to a corner. He crouched down, ruffling his hair in frustration as he replayed the scene from a few minutes ago.

"I said you had to repent." The female's voice sounded innocent, but Chanhee could tell that she was enjoying this moment.

"Oh, did you see his friend? That's going to be one interesting person." The female giggled, and Chanhee grunted in response. Right now, he didn't want anything to do with anyone, least of all someone who the female had pointed out.

"I'll leave for the night then, have fun tomorrow!" Chanhee felt the presence of the female diminish before hurling himself behind several baskets of hockey sticks. He slunk against them and shut his eyes, hoping for some sleep before he continued with his exploration of the school tomorrow. Thoughts of the boy he met earlier plagued him, and he shuddered in terror at the thought of meeting him face to face.

♥♥♥♥

“GOOD MORNING!” Chanhee rolled over abruptly and slammed into the baskets he was sleeping behind. He dragged himself up to a sitting position sleepily, mumbling incoherent curses at the source of disturbance.

“Did you sleep well?” Chanhee shook his head and slouched, slowly nodding off to sleep.

“Well, you’d better wake up now because school starts in an hour, and you wouldn’t want people finding you here in such an odd place.”

“Whatever.” Chanhee grumbled and got up, running his fingers through his messy hair in an attempt to look presentable. The female voice that spoke to him was now a fixed part of his life. He was getting used to it, but it was still annoying nonetheless.

“Remember how exciting yesterday was? Today’s going to be even better!” The female practically squealed, and Chanhee just wanted to crawl back behind the baskets and go back to sleep. He was about to walk out of the gym when he heard voices outside, and he instinctively shrank back to his hiding place.

“No need to hide, those kids have passed by already. Don’t you just love the people who come to school early?” The female’s voice dripped with sarcasm, and Chanhee could have sworn that he felt her nudging him out of the gym.

“Go on, a brand new day awaits you.” Her tinkling laughter filled the gym, and Chanhee hesitated, taking small footsteps towards the door while glancing around cautiously.

“No need to be afraid, unless you hate surprise encounters. Which you probably do, considering what happened yesterday.” Chanhee resisted the urge to tug at his hair, and bottled up his frustration before compelling himself to move closer to the door. It took him quite a few strides to reach the door itself, and he unwillingly lifted his hand to the door knob.

“Who knows what surprises await you today?”

“Shut up and leave me alone.” Chanhee gritted his teeth and turned the door knob, yanking the door open. He saw a familiar figure in the distance, and he squinted at it, trying to jog his memory.

Oh, isn’t that Chunji’s friend? The one that was with him yesterday?

Chanhee cringed as he thought of yesterday’s incident, and he was about to walk towards him when the boy turned and began heading in his direction instead. He froze and casually leaned against the doors of the gym, hoping that he would go unnoticed. However, Chanhee’s bad luck persisted, for it seemed like the boy was approaching him directly. Within seconds, Chanhee found himself face to face with a hooded person, a red oversized graphic hoodie shrouding his small body frame.

The boy was about to pull down his hoodie when the female voice decided that it was an appropriate time to speak up.

“So you guys meet again!”

“We- what?” Chanhee spluttered incredulously at the boy in front of him, trying to make sense of the female’s words. He wasn’t keen on any more bizarre encounters, and having a potential one right before his eyes made him want to curl up into a ball on the floor and rock himself to sleep.

Oh, not again!

The boy let out a sigh and yanked down his hoodie, offering Chanhee a wry smile.

“Hey there buddy, didn’t expect to meet you here.”

Chanhee gaped at the boy while the female voice snorted in laughter.

"Well, aren't you going to greet your friend?"

"B-b-byunghun?" Chanhee stuttered out of shock.

"Yep, it's me. That pesky female sent me here too."

"I'll leave you two to catch up then, enjoy your day!"

"So... How's life?" Byunghun smiled sheepishly while tugging at the hem of his hoodie. Unfortunately for him, Chanhee's legs gave way at that moment, and the only reply he got was an unconscious boy who had crumpled to the floor.



a/n: school just started, and it's already killing me fml. ;___;